CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 hatchback sport
Country flag
i make cvt cooler kits for the cvt's haha. sorry datalogs are only available to owners by requests only.

if you can keep the cvt temp low & slow it down from heating up too fast it'll be useful but if it keeps going up, no matter how good the tune or boost it makes it's useless. we know it here because it's summer weather at this part of the world all year round. Maybe for short bursts is ok but if running it longer the power will go down no need dyno the driver will feel it for sure.

all the tunes are as per dynochart or probably slightly lower settings for track but they're proven & tested from street to touge runs & the circuit track too.

you can see some data here too via TunerView by @Linszter ;)

Not sure why you wouldnā€™t wanna share CVT temp info with the community but whatever. Tbh your dyno charts donā€™t look too different from base map charts. None of them are smooth. Thanks for the input
Sponsored

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not sure why you wouldnā€™t wanna share CVT temp info with the community but whatever. Tbh your dyno charts donā€™t look too different from base map charts. None of them are smooth. Thanks for the input
share your actual dyno chart here, not all dyno will or able to produce the same exact results. it can be very beautiful & smooth with some editing such as smoothing or cf or manipulated to show high numbers well not gonna go all over it maybe you know better.

Owners choice not mine anyone can share anything they want such as your post sharing your mods here with everyone. Sharing is caring heh.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any way youā€™d wanna share the datalog? Interested in CVT temps while this is taking place
AFAIK, its not common for tuners to start sharing dyno charts or datalogs of other customer's vehicles without expressed consent of the owner.

I know Drob doesn't do so and even asks you along with the form you need to sign off on when you go get tuned with him. All those dyno charts he posts are posted with the consent of the owner.

AlexSt84

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7 2019 Sport Plus
Country flag
So much in the end wheel torque your CVT get in peak?

@CAPTS IF i only knew that someone do CVT cooler, i have stock cvt cooleron european hatchback, but i am going to build custom from setrab products and move it froms tock location to behind grill.

OP
OP
CVT4NYC

CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 hatchback sport
Country flag

Bman90

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord 2.0t
Country flag
How did the stealership know you were tuned? Can they see if itā€™s been flashed to stock? If they canā€™t I might as well stay with the stock turbo till warranty expires on mine.

OP
OP
CVT4NYC

CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 hatchback sport
Country flag
How did the stealership know you were tuned? Can they see if itā€™s been flashed to stock? If they canā€™t I might as well stay with the stock turbo till warranty expires on mine.
From my understanding they canā€™t see an actual flash count but they can tell if it has been flashed
Likely maxed out fuel system. I have a similar experience until swapping in a Si Intake cam.
So I think Iā€™m overdue for a valve adjustment, while I got the head off I was thinking about doing this myself. What was your experience with this?

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
From my understanding they canā€™t see an actual flash count but they can tell if it has been flashed

So I think Iā€™m overdue for a valve adjustment, while I got the head off I was thinking about doing this myself. What was your experience with this?
You actually need the head and cams in place to do the valve lash adjustment. It's typically right before you seal up the valvecover. You'll do each cylinders valves with each 90Ā° rotation of the crank. The service manual will lay out out in detail for specifics.

OP
OP
CVT4NYC

CVT4NYC

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 hatchback sport
Country flag
You actually need the head and cams in place to do the valve lash adjustment. It's typically right before you seal up the valvecover. You'll do each cylinders valves with each 90Ā° rotation of the crank. The service manual will lay out out in detail for specifics.
Thanks, but I was talking about the cam swap itself, I canā€™t seem to find much info on it. Itā€™s a direct fit? Should I follow torque specs for the SI? Any links would be super helpful

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag