2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

cruisencode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Any thoughts on whether or not this puts extra stress/wear on the CVT compared to the KTuner base tunes? I know KTuner tested their tunes for a long time on a CVT, so I feel pretty comfortable running their base tunes. I don't know much about the TSP CVT tune, though.

Also, does the tune make much of a difference for a stock (except for a K&N drop-in) 1.5 Civic?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If it does, the difference is minor as the torque down low is similar.

Check this out. Using TSP Map 2, I got great mileage today on my commute:

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal rps20190722_085223

amyisquiet

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc1
Country flag
The answer is yes, but KTuner does it wayyyy better, Ive had both but you can ask @gtman too, who had hondata after they added throttle. The ktuner is seriously the way to go, especially the v1.2 at $449. Here is a good description of each quick adjustment ktuner has. Each of those will eliminate in its own way the "lag" you feel.

KTunerHowTo_zpsyuiovrov.jpg
This picture is really too small, can you send a bigger picture?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hello all. I have recently acquired myself a Ktuner v1.2
My ECU says 55A but I have the choice to pick from 55A and 57A? Which one do i pick? I know 57A has on-the-fly map switching, which I really wanted.
I tried 57A, errors never disappeared and didn't run right, flashed back to stock kinda bummed that 57A didn't work.
E-mailed KTuner already, told me to take my car in to get the CVT Controller/ECU updated but since my VIN says there is no issues for it to get the update, I would have to pay out of pocket on top of just recently purchasing this unit which I do not want to do. Is there any work-around? Do I just wait for them to either add that feature to 55A even though they already seem like they won't?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all. I have recently acquired myself a Ktuner v1.2
My ECU says 55A but I have the choice to pick from 55A and 57A? Which one do i pick? I know 57A has on-the-fly map switching, which I really wanted.
I tried 57A, errors never disappeared and didn't run right, flashed back to stock kinda bummed that 57A didn't work.
E-mailed KTuner already, told me to take my car in to get the CVT Controller/ECU updated but since my VIN says there is no issues for it to get the update, I would have to pay out of pocket on top of just recently purchasing this unit which I do not want to do. Is there any work-around? Do I just wait for them to either add that feature to 55A even though they already seem like they won't?
Find a dealer that will do it. Just tell them you have the warm start grind. They did the update for me when I told them that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Find a dealer that will do it. Just tell them you have the warm start grind. They did the update for me when I told them that.
Did they try to pull the "We will charge you diagnostic fee if there is no issue" card? Because I have experienced that quite a bit and I really am not looking forward to paying extra money.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did they try to pull the "We will charge you diagnostic fee if there is no issue" card? Because I have experienced that quite a bit and I really am not looking forward to paying extra money.
I was under warranty and there is already a TSB out for it so its a known issue. show them this http://www.civicx.com/attachments/march-22-2017-cvt-makes-a-grinding-noise-on-hot-restart-pdf.31397/
Maybe complain about the dilution issue and then they can update for that. but anyhow, the warm start thing was ALL VINs. So while they fix that they should update the software.

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal upload_2019-8-1_8-42-7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I was under warranty and there is already a TSB out for it so its a known issue. show them this http://www.civicx.com/attachments/march-22-2017-cvt-makes-a-grinding-noise-on-hot-restart-pdf.31397/
Maybe complain about the dilution issue and then they can update for that. but anyhow, the warm start thing was ALL VINs. So while they fix that they should update the software.

upload_2019-8-1_8-42-7.png
Awesome! Hopefully I can utilitze it and get my ecu updated :)

Update: talked to an online agent, said that tsb does not come with software update and even if i wanted that repair, I am out of warrant and have to pay out of pocket.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome! Hopefully I can utilitze it and get my ecu updated :)

Update: talked to an online agent, said that tsb does not come with software update and even if i wanted that repair, I am out of warrant and have to pay out of pocket.
good god. Im so happy my dealer isnt trash and just does the right thing. well if you want the new software guess you just need to pay out of pocket, it sucks but it is what it is

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
good god. Im so happy my dealer isnt trash and just does the right thing. well if you want the new software guess you just need to pay out of pocket, it sucks but it is what it is
Big Star Honda in Houston is pretty trash, they used to be good, Clear Lake Honda, I went once to new location and they are good but i dont know if they will be good to me for my update. San Antonio, I don't think any of them are good but I do not know.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Big Star Honda in Houston is pretty trash, they used to be good, Clear Lake Honda, I went once to new location and they are good but i dont know if they will be good to me for my update. San Antonio, I don't think any of them are good but I do not know.
We have 10 or so in DFW, been dealing with Vandergriff for about 10 years now. The sales floor doesnt get the greatest reviews but Ive never had an issue with the service department
Sponsored