My key fob battery died

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I know how to do all that it
I think I know what you need. You have the non-smart key fob like I had on my 2000 Prelude. On those, they use some kind of key hopping algorithm and if you're out range and you keep pressing the key fob button, I think, 10 times, then the fob and the car is out of sync then you need to re-sync it. Is that what you think you need? I'll try to dig around and see if I can find the procedure.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
This ?

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/blog/how-to-program-your-honda-remote

Although this is for re-programming all the fobs. You have to have all of your remotes with you and re-program all of them at the same time.

I think there's even a simpler procedure you can do to re-sync one remote. Not sure.

EDIT: I think this procedure won't work on the GenX Civic. Sorry.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the bizarre suggestion but have you considered calling the dealer for advice? Can't hurt, right?

OP
OP
Monkeescivic

Monkeescivic

First Name
Monkee4130
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
This ?

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/blog/how-to-program-your-honda-remote

Although this is for re-programming all the fobs. You have to have all of your remotes with you and re-program all of them at the same time.

I think there's even a simpler procedure you can do to re-sync one remote. Not sure.

EDIT: I think this procedure won't work on the GenX Civic. Sorry.
I did something like this the 1st time this happened I just cant find the article and I dont think it was directly from honda

OP
OP
Monkeescivic

Monkeescivic

First Name
Monkee4130
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Sorry for the bizarre suggestion but have you considered calling the dealer for advice? Can't hurt, right?
Yeah I did that before posting I managed to get a mechanic on the phone but got dis connected and when I called back they kept telling me my car needs to be diagnosed and that cost $200 and then to reprogram the key its another $200 the dealer just wants my money

OP
OP
Monkeescivic

Monkeescivic

First Name
Monkee4130
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Thank you to everyone who helped I was able to figure it out its 3 on like in the diagram I just did not hear the click it was supposed to make
Sponsored