saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
As a 18 year old in the mid eighties with a license to drive and a car enthusiast the last thing on my mind was a Japanese car. It had to be mustangs Camaros firebirds muscle cars and big finned fifties cars. At that time I wouldn’t even think of owning a Civic ( but I did like the prelude 4ws) It over time as I got older and wiser and had a lot of used American cars mostly Fords I realized these cars really weren’t good. After owning a few Hyundai’s I wanted something different ( Hyundai are good cars but not a car enthusiast car IMO ) as I looked for a new car with some fun and remembering about seeing the newly designed Honda Civic display at the local mall in 2016 I paid Honda a visit. First car I looked at was a silver civic SI as I test drove it I realized I couldn’t drive it as a daily driver ( bad left knee) as I looked around I saw a EX turbo with a auto and in my price range. So it’s coming up two years of ownership purchase it in February 2018 I’ll have to say I love my little civic I have plenty of room at 6’5” 240 lbs
Haven’t had a problem with it so far ( I can’t say that about my Hyundai) knock on wood it’s fun to drive and reliable and get great mileage. And being on this forum I’ve gotten a lot of information on my civic
It being a Honda I’m sure I’ll get a lot of years out of this car. So yes I used to be a Japanese car hater
But now I’m convinced that the Honda Civic is the best compact car
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit older than you and started driving in the early 70's. My grandfather sold Plymouth's and my first two cars were a Barracuda and a Duster. In 1979 I bought a Pontiac Trans Am. I loved that Trans Am but had many problems with it.

After 5 years of driving like a madman with the TA, I was ready for something new. Shockingly at the time, I traded it in on the new and tiny, Honda CRX. And that thing was a blast. It was my first stick shift and I couldn't believe how tossable and fun that thing was. After that I upgraded to an Integra... possibly my favorite car ever.

Then I bought a '94 Civic. Nice car, but a bit blah compared to the Integra. I followed that with an '02 Elantra GT hatch and the 2.4 engined Forte SX. Unlike some, my time with the Korean products was great and they were problem free. I modded both cars and especially the GT quite a bit. Even started elantraclub.com because I was impressed with Hyundai.

And now I'm back in a Honda and this 10th gen is an all around great car. Can't wait to see what Honda does with the 11th gen.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I would like to see what the next gen civic would be also it would be great if they option a DCT on the SI models
Sponsored