xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
lol

My wife is not into cars at all

She had a WRX years ago. She traded it in one day for an STI while waiting on an oil change.

She's already pissed at getting screwed on an S209.
Huh? ?
Sponsored

floof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si & '21 R
Country flag
? She's really not.

Couldn't care less about meets or forums and wouldn't watch Top Gear or a Ken Block video on her own.

When it's time to buy a car, I usually make a list and have her test drive them all first.

Earlier this decade she picked the WRX over a GTI, Si, BRZ, FiST/FoST, Veloster, Mustang and Camaro.

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Haha I have similar experience, except it was a German car. The throttle and brake response is way to sensitive, and the suspension is way too stiff. It was also my first car so while I was getting used to the pedals, my gf was having a mini car sick. It took me a couple months to learn how to accelerate and brake smoothly without making her dizzy. But for the stiff suspension, there was nothing I can do. She couldn't be happier when I decided to get a different car. Although the Civic is still stiffer than Corolla, it is much softer than the German car, not to mention it is a Touring not Si. And the CVT is buttery smooth, combined with my extensive experience from dealing with sensitive pedals, the ride couldn't be smoother for her.

ugaexploder

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
1. Ride is too stiff: Tough to fix this..but she should know that’s just how compliance works in sportier cars ?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂

2. Shifting: This is a tough one..bc I definitely know what you mean when driving normally and it happens. You see the momentum of the passenger’s weight going forward, and then pulled back by the g’s when accelerating again. Kinda just a thing with manual cars ???

3. Low height: Really? I guess coupes are a little more difficult for ingress/egress? The sedan is a non-issue for me or anyone else I’ve talked to. Go to one of those rent-a-supercar track days with her and see if she still feels the same about your car ???. Ingress/egress was the main reason I have a hard time buying a Supra besides not coming in manual.

4. Weird gearing: Similar to #2.. I’ve found the best way to avoid that hesitant jerky feeling in first is to keep slight pressure on throttle or just shifting to a higher gear. My bimmer does the same thing, and I agree with your girl. It’s dumb lol

Hey, at least you guys are communicating and that’s all you can ask for in a working rel’ship. Good luck man!

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
All I know is if she's limping after 1 hr drive you should get her replaced cuz you bought a broken girlfriend... All jokes aside a car isn't something you just sell cuz your girlfriend doesn't like it. At this point, the car is more permanently planted into your life then a girlfriend, if she was already a wife then Id say your a little fucked.. but if her happiness revolves around you selling the car she might not be the one for you.

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
I feel the OP's pain. I bought a brand-new 2019 C7 Corvette and my wife hated the seating position. She said that it compressed her bladder of all things. She also opined that she felt like she was dragging her butt on the ground with the car's low stance. After 13 months of ownership, I sold it for what I had paid for it new and called it a day. My wife likes the Si's seats significantly more than the Vette and because of the limited travel and the fact that I am retired, it doesn't rack up very many miles and so I am content with a sporty little econobox that punches above its asking price. However, she much prefers the luxurious well-cushioned leather found in the 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid that I helped her buy. I hate to say it but if I was just dating and was not sure where the relationship was going, I would likely have kept the Vette. However, I was not willing to shit-can 30 years of marriage over a car. Thankfully, I don't have to make car payments so I am much less concerned about what I drive and have been lucky to have owned some pretty exotic cars/motorcycles in the past 20 years.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
To be honest, i'd tell my gf to either drive herself or get over it. There's no way in hell i'd sacrifice my peace, hobby etc. just because she feels uncomfortable during a two hour ride or whenever she rides shotgun with me because she dislikes driving; my two cents.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I don't know how my wife & I would have gotten married if she hated the cars I have/drive.
She had no problem with me picking her up in my 68 Formula 400 drag car, my FD3S, or any of the plethora of lowered civics/integras.

Congrats on the car!!!

SuperSlowSI

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Simplest solution, she gets her own car and can use that. Realistic solution, learn to make compromises, However, these should never include either of you giving up hobbies or anything you get joy out of.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Simplest solution, she gets her own car and can use that. Realistic solution, learn to make compromises, However, these should never include either of you giving up hobbies or anything you get joy out of.
Exactly. Buy her a seat cushion, sleeping blind and some earplugs; problem solved.

amaru08

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sounds like she just likes to complain. I would tell her to go kick rocks. Good luck ha
Sponsored