My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Put a caruse gurney flap over it.

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? Screenshot_20200630-080403_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? Screenshot_20200630-080135_Instagram

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Not sure if someone mentioned this yet but you can wrap it. I scratched mine and wrapped it in textured carbon fiber. It looks like the side skirts now, and it feels pretty cool. Covered the scratch perfectly. I think a wrap shop would do this for ~$100

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that you added a picture, it's not that bad, as others said. You have many options. If you decide to wrap it, you should still repair\fill it because the wrap will still show the small chunks that the door took off.
I hope you know my flip remark the other day to part it out was just a joke. (Albeit at your expense.) I'm glad it's not that bad and you have options.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I am not going to lie, it looked/was a lot worse to me when I did it, but after waking up and having a bit of coffee and an open mind, it really isn't that bad compared to the sound it made haha
You could fix it yourself. Not that bad.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Really stupid way to damage your wing. You're brave to admit such a thing. (I raised my hatch and gouged my wing when it went too high, and hit my open garage door). Yes, it's white under there! I repaired it myself with a build up of black spray lacquer/wet sanding/clear coat, being very careful not to cut through the black coating while sanding. I then used an electric polisher to final polish/buff the repair. If you're confident of your basic skills, give it a go. BTW, my car was one day old when I pulled that trick!

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I did the same damn thing, in an even dumber way. I was having issues with the subwoofer amp I installed and working in the driveway with the hatch open. It started raining and I moved the car into the garage WITHOUT CLOSING THE HATCH FIRST. Scraped the center of the wing on the bricks above the garage door.

I tried to color over the white scratches with a black Sharpie, actually worked OK for a while. This happened well over a year ago, and it's still there though I intend to fix it at some point. Interested in the recommendations for how best to do a DIY repair. I thought about replacing the entire piece but it's not worth it to me. Anyway, you're not alone.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've done this. I just used some black sharpy to cover it up. There is no functional issues with this.

EDIT: I should read the previous replies rather than spamming the same bullshit over and over again. My bad.

Deane

First Name
Deane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ariel Atom 3S
Country flag
I feel like a paint fill in and you won't even notice it that much
EXACTLY. Don't spend a lot on this. A simple fill with a bit of black paint, dry, sand lightly and then a light touch of black gloss paint.

OP
OP
slowride

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
So far, I bought the NBP touch up paint and cleaned the area and dabbed the paint in and it looks much better. I'll mess with more detail later but thank you for all of the suggestions folks and I am also glad I am not the only one who got absent minded on this gigantor wing lol

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
So far, I bought the NBP touch up paint and cleaned the area and dabbed the paint in and it looks much better. I'll mess with more detail later but thank you for all of the suggestions folks and I am also glad I am not the only one who got absent minded on this gigantor wing lol
Glad you have it looking better. I came within an inch of taking my wing out on my garage at my last house... never had a car with a park bench on the boot before the ctr.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
if you decide to, you could buy mine .
It's still like new. in a box waiting for it's new home/R.
I was attempting to sell to another owner, but he didn't follow through all the way to pick it up so I it's stil availible. Due to covid/shelter in place I still have it waiting to sell/delivery/pick up.

I wouldn't ask more that say $75, but if you reply me your zip code and preference of ups vs post office etc I can look into how much to ship to you.

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? IMG_3660

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? IMG_3661

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? IMG_3662

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? IMG_3663

Honda Civic 10th gen My garage door and my dumba$$ gouged the center black piece of the back edge if my spoiler, what options do I have? IMG_3664

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
Before you fix the it, move the garage door sensor to like 3 feet off the ground so it can detect the wing next time.
Sponsored