My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My FP is glitchy as fuq.I have to use the button on the FP itself to upload a tune as it's hooked up to the laptop.FP manager upload buttons don't work and say I have a unknown FP.Odd since prior to updating both it uploaded fine via FP manager.But it does upload the tune and datalog as it should.
Noticed you have a touring, is it a 17? I saw a note from Hondata to not use the update on 17 Touring yet

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 12-21-2016 8-41-58 PM

mballester89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Standing in front if the car, the ECU id is on the left side of the ECU at the bottom. I had to shine a light at it to see but I did not have to remove the ECU
Is that it? Where is the ecu#, I don't see it, I do think even know what to look for. Do I have to look for # and letter, how many digits? Sorry guys I don't know much about this stuff that's why I'm asking here so you guys can help me out. Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 20161222_091602

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
It's on the other side, in between the ECU and the Airbox, at the bottom. It is nearly impossible for me to see with the Mishimoto intake in there. I just pulled the trigger and hoped for the best.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
It's on the other side, in between the ECU and the Airbox, at the bottom. It is nearly impossible for me to see with the Mishimoto intake in there. I just pulled the trigger and hoped for the best.
Just tske your cell camera down there and snap a pic

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Just tske your cell camera down there and snap a pic
Haha, that is the first thing I tried, It is way to tight of a fit unfortunately. I have a small mirror on a stick that I may be able to use. But I haven't had the time to try.

mballester89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Thanks. I'm gonna try that when I get home.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2016 EXT.Everytime I chose non touring it chose touring every time no matter how many times I tried.Ive been using Hondata since it was available for my 09 r18 then my 12 SI and never had these issues until now.But again Ive figured out how to get it to upload and datalog so I guess that'll have to do.
Yeah, I knew you had experience with it, just didnt know what was up with the 17 touring that he said dont use it. So weird how sometimes it all just goes haywire. They'll figure out for sure

solsticephase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
How
I have been running on the Hondata FlashPro 2016 civic CVT +6psi Injen SRI tune for the pass few days. It's definitely night and day comparing the factory map. First couple of days with the tune, I still had half a tank of 87 octane. I did couple of runs 0-60mph runs and gotten 6.2-6.4 second. It's been pretty cold here lately.. The tires aren't gripping as good.

1.JPG

0-60 mph time is highlighted yellow. 87 octane 19psi
The factory intercooler is working really well with this cold weather. IAT temp is the temp at the intake 44F. IAT2 is the temp in the intake after the turbo and intercooler 37F. The OEM IC is doing a pretty good job in the cold weather.

2.JPG

Another 0-60mph run and got 6.4seconds with lower boost avg 15s psi
Intercooler doing its job on cooling the air after the turbo. 5F drop

3.JPG

Finally the fuel light came on and I filled it up with 10 gallons of 93 with 2 gallons of 87 left in the tank.
With 93 octane, It ran even stronger but at lower boost(14-15psi). Did the 0-60 in 5.9seconds with a slight bad launch.

4.JPG

Another run with 93 octane and a better off the line for a 0-60mph test
15-17psi
0-60mph - 5.7second

From what I learn from this 10th gen Civic is that. It's not all about the boost level. You would really need to put it on the dyno or track to see how much you are gaining instead of judging it by the boost level.
Here's what Hondata said on the other thread

I'm going to put it on the dyno once a downpipe comes out for this car. I will also raise the boost up too. It will be a fun car with 240+ tq!

0-60 factory vs FlashPro
http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-fl...iat-temps-with-oem-ic.7279/page-2#post-130320
How accurate is that 0-60? 5.7 seems too good to be true. Would it be possible to get additional testing done using other methods?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
How

How accurate is that 0-60? 5.7 seems too good to be true. Would it be possible to get additional testing done using other methods?
click on the link and you can watch a video on a 6second run

The datalogs are readings from the ECU. I'm going by 0-60mph from the speed sensor(vss). As stated before how accurate it is who knows. It's a benchmark for me to see if there was any improvement from stock. With factory map, I ran a 7 second. On FlashPro, I ran 5.7-6.1 on 93 octane. So it's a 1 second improvement for me

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Also, I ran a basemap that exactly matched what I had on my 8th gen, then I had a custom tune and the difference was night and day. The car ran so much better with the custom tune. The basemaps are made to be a one for all, each engine can respond entirely different with the exact same tune bc a custom tune will be made for your engine
What makes it completely different is sea level, and the conditions

The datalogs are readings from the ECU. I'm going by 0-60mph from the speed sensor(vss). As stated before how accurate it is who knows. It's a benchmark for me to see if there was any improvement from stock. With factory map, I ran a 7 second. On FlashPro, I ran 5.7-6.1 on 93 octane. So it's a 1 second improvement for me
its definitely pretty accurate. Win :thumbsup:

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
It would be interesting to compare knock sensor readings after some more seat time on the modified setting, and compare it to the old 87 readings. Thanks for posting , great info !

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What makes it completely different is sea level, and the conditions

its definitely pretty accurate. Win :thumbsup:
Sea level is part of it, but any tuner will tell you, it would vary from my SI to my neighbors SI. The tunes wouldnt work the same in each car.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I got to run around town today with some decent weather and my goodness, the way this thing pulls with that +6psi tune is awesome. Its such a difference. I cant wait for my intake and custom tune. The butt dyno says yes the FP made it faster already
Sponsored