My FlashPro experiences and datalogs (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC)

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I have been running on the Hondata FlashPro 2016 civic CVT +6psi Injen SRI tune for the pass few days. It's definitely night and day comparing the factory map. First couple of days with the tune, I still had half a tank of 87 octane. I did couple of runs 0-60mph runs and gotten 6.2-6.4 second. It's been pretty cold here lately.. The tires aren't gripping as good.

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 1.JPG

0-60 mph time is highlighted yellow. 87 octane 19psi
The factory intercooler is working really well with this cold weather. IAT temp is the temp at the intake 44F. IAT2 is the temp in the intake after the turbo and intercooler 37F. The OEM IC is doing a pretty good job in the cold weather.

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 2.JPG

Another 0-60mph run and got 6.4seconds with lower boost avg 15s psi
Intercooler doing its job on cooling the air after the turbo. 5F drop

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 3.JPG

Finally the fuel light came on and I filled it up with 10 gallons of 93 with 2 gallons of 87 left in the tank.
With 93 octane, It ran even stronger but at lower boost(14-15psi). Did the 0-60 in 5.9seconds with a slight bad launch.

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 4.JPG

Another run with 93 octane and a better off the line for a 0-60mph test
15-17psi
0-60mph - 5.7second

From what I learn from this 10th gen Civic is that. It's not all about the boost level. You would really need to put it on the dyno or track to see how much you are gaining instead of judging it by the boost level.
Here's what Hondata said on the other thread
The stock ECU has a PA sensor that reduces boost as it senses a gain in altitude. This can be tuned with FlashPro.

The 10th gen Civic engine control is torque based. Throttle pedal position indicates torque request. Torque is generated by altering:
  • Ignition timing
  • Wastegate position (boost)
  • Throttle plate angle

There are times where less boost with more ignition timing will make more torque and power than more boost with less ignition timing. So, don't get too hung up on the boost level.
I'm going to put it on the dyno once a downpipe comes out for this car. I will also raise the boost up too. It will be a fun car with 240+ tq!

0-60 factory vs FlashPro
http://www.civicx.com/threads/my-fl...iat-temps-with-oem-ic.7279/page-2#post-130320

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I have been running on the Hondata FlashPro 2016 civic CVT +6psi Injen SRI tune for the pass few days. It's definitely night and day comparing the factory map. First couple of days with the tune, I still had half a tank of 87 octane. I did couple of runs 0-60mph runs and gotten 6.2-6.4 second. It's been pretty cold here lately.. The tires aren't gripping as good.

1.JPG

The factory intercooler is working really well with this cold weather. IAT temp is the temp at the intake 44F. IAT2 is the temp in the intake after the turbo and intercooler 37F. The OEM IC is doing a pretty good job in the cold weather.

2.JPG

3.JPG

Finally the fuel light came on and I filled it up with 10 gallons of 93 with 2 gallons of 87 left in the tank.
With 93 octane, It ran even stronger but at lower boost(14-15psi). Did the 0-60 in 5.9seconds with a slight bad launch.

4.JPG

15-17psi
0-60mph - 5.7second

From what I learn from this 10th gen Civic is that. It's not all about the boost level. You would really need to put it on the dyno or track to see how much you are gaining instead of judging it by the boost level.

I'm going to put it on the dyno once a downpipe comes out for this car. I will also raise the boost up too. It will be a fun car with 240+ tq!
Nice post! This is what we need to see. That's pretty awesome considering it's a OTS map. This 1.5t clearly is going to be a win on Hondas part. Just imagine more bolt ons with a nice tune from someone like Vit.

TotalNoob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2015 BMW F 800 GSA
5.7s?? :headbang::love::lol: I cannot wait for my FlashPro to get here.

From the boost it looks like you're running the Injen non-high tune, right? Are you worried about too much boost on the stock engine?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

From the boost it looks like you're running the Injen non-high tune, right? Are you worried about too much boost on the stock engine?
You don't need to run high boost to achieve greatness. It's just a base map tune. There is still much more to be improved. And when you add bolt ons you won't have to turn the boost up so high to get gains. Also mishimoto hopefully will create a Oem replacement intercooler upgrade, which will be the one you'll want to buy.

theonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow... I need this and downpipe.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

I am running the high tune +6 psi. It's lowering boost as the knock control settles down but it's running a lot more ignition timing.
You can see it run at 18psi(sometimes it will go to 20psi) but 0 IGN
Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 1.PNG

at lower boost it runs at much higher IGN
Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) Capture.PNG

I will get some 0-60 from the factory map and let you guys compare

Last edited:
OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Also did you do all the timing with the Hondata phone app?
You Datalog with the FlashPro dongle. it can save up to 20hrs of datalog. All you got to do is plug it in and hit the Datalog button. After you do your recording, you get on your computer and pull the files off the FlashPro.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have my Flash Pro this Tuesday.Does the IAT compensation setting on Flash Pro have a Temp range say -14-100+degrees.Im in central Iowa.Summer gets hot.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Shouldnt have to adjust it
ECU will do the adjustment automatically

It does have a IAT compensation for cranking fuel

Last edited:
OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
went back to the Factory map and did a 0-60mph on 93 octane

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 1.JPG

Getting 9-11psi with a spike to 13psi when it changes it ratio to lower the rpm
0-60 7second

Honda Civic 10th gen My FlashPro experiences and datalogs  (boost level and IAT temps with oem IC) 4.JPG

FlashPro +6 psi injen SRI Tune
15-19-psi
0-60 in 5.7ish

So for the tune for me made my 0-60mph faster by .9-1 second. How accurate the time is on how i'm measuring it? Beats me but its a benchmark for me to see if i'm getting any improvement from stock.

solsticephase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

15-17psi
0-60mph - 5.7second

Great post! Definitely the type of results that I was looking forward to seeing. Just for reference, do you know what your stock 0-60 was?

Edit: Nm. Just saw your other post. You have any videos of 0-60 runs?

Last edited: