My first black car

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
hello everyone, i bought my 2016 civic ex on easter sunday. Almost three months so far and I am impressed. Coming from a 95 civic driver it feels way better. Runs very smooth and looks very sleek. My only con is having black since they didnt have my color choice and never had black so i went with it. Lol, about three months later random scratches are very visible. In a year or two , i will probably either get a paint job to make it navy blue or just trade it in and buy a new one when my loan balance is below 10k. It is great having this civic but black is hard to keep clean and nice

Honda Civic 10th gen My first black car ima
Sponsored

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Nice car!! I agree, Black is hard to maintain. I once bought a black car...it was my last black car. Every car since then has been white or silver. :p

OP
OP
thebayareacivic

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Nice car!! I agree, Black is hard to maintain. I once bought a black car...it was my last black car. Every car since then has been white or silver. :p
Yes, next time it will be navy blue or silver. Just today i have got another rock chip on my passenger door..

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
oh no, that totally sucks!!! i had a chip in my windshield less than 3k miles on my car. i was upset...but i already knew it was bound to happened. all my windshields always had something happen to it...just wished it was later.

im kicking myself for not getting the ex...i have the LX. not sure what's the difference but rims look nicer than hubcaps.

taitanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
i feel your pain man. I had a black Acura TL and still decided to go with a Black civic without thinking about it. Now every time i look at the car i see new scratches everytime it hurts lol. I just learn to accept that it comes with the color and just enjoy the ride.

If i would have done it again, it would be silver or dark grey.

OP
OP
thebayareacivic

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
oh no, that totally sucks!!! i had a chip in my windshield less than 3k miles on my car. i was upset...but i already knew it was bound to happened. all my windshields always had something happen to it...just wished it was later.

im kicking myself for not getting the ex...i have the LX. not sure what's the difference but rims look nicer than hubcaps.
Ex has the touchscreen monitor, lanewatch and sunroof thats all. I wanted the ex-T but pops say my ins will be high

OP
OP
thebayareacivic

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
i feel your pain man. I had a black Acura TL and still decided to go with a Black civic without thinking about it. Now every time i look at the car i see new scratches everytime it hurts lol. I just learn to accept that it comes with the color and just enjoy the ride.

If i would have done it again, it would be silver or dark grey.
Same. I get heart broken every time for every little scratch and i wanted cosmic blue.

Frost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic LX 2016
Park them side by side.
The black gets just as dirty as a white or green or neon pink.
But once cleaned, the black is beautiful.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Burgundy Night Pearl (looks black unless under the right lighting or sunlight), and damn it shows so much dirt, scratches, and imperfections its not funny. Love the car, wish I went with a lighter color tho.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
That's funny. I bought mine exactly on Easter Sunday too. In fact, I insisted on skipping the detailing for delivery that day because it was about 5pm and I still had to go to the store to buy stuff for Easter dinner.

Black...boy are you in for a lot of work.

OP
OP
thebayareacivic

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
That's funny. I bought mine exactly on Easter Sunday too. In fact, I insisted on skipping the detailing for delivery that day because it was about 5pm and I still had to go to the store to buy stuff for Easter dinner.

Black...boy are you in for a lot of work.
Oh yes i am haha

Dark helmut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black ex-t
hello everyone, i bought my 2016 civic ex on easter sunday. Almost three months so far and I am impressed. Coming from a 95 civic driver it feels way better. Runs very smooth and looks very sleek. My only con is having black since they didnt have my color choice and never had black so i went with it. Lol, about three months later random scratches are very visible. In a year or two , i will probably either get a paint job to make it navy blue or just trade it in and buy a new one when my loan balance is below 10k. It is great having this civic but black is hard to keep clean and nice

image.jpeg
Went with the black ext it was my fall back color only had it for about two weeks so far so good no scratches yet but it's also my first black car and it is a pain to keep clean

Pilotman11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic EX
Like the front without the license plate, maybe i should do it.
I love the front without it too, but doesn't the law in CA require you to have it though? I currently own a dark blue car, and it's insane to keep clean. I can only imagine black. Good luck!
Sponsored