My final thoughts before buying this weekend

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well I went to the dealer in town one last time to make sure how I felt about everything.

They had the coupes there including one in Aegean blue and green. The green looks very nice, especially the pearl finish, but the blue definitely wins it for me. Actually all the colors look nice. The burgundy is certainly interesting, the silver looks GREAT despite my disdain for plain looking cars, the white pearl looks very nice up close but far away it looks like plain white, the red really stands out and is nice. I wish all colors were that bright pure color. The blue though definitely looks nice it looks different in all types of light. The blue coupe was in a different place than the sedan and you'd swear it was a different paint because of the lighting. Also in some lights the blue looks like a sunset blue if that makes any sense.

Walking around the sedan section it always looks different depending on angle. And in many angles it looks like a small coupe itself. The coupe seems a bit too long and stretched out to me. I don't like the sharp angle at the roof or the bulbous backend. What kills it for me is the handle/pump for the seat position. So gimmicky and feels very cheap.

One thing I didn't like about either sedan or coupe, or the Accord, is that the inside material, the carpet, feels very cheap. At least in the backseat on that divider hump thing by passenger feet wells. The trunk interior feels cheap too.

But anyway I'm absolutely in love with this car! Can't wait to get it. Having a new car is a big responsibility but I think it'll be worth it. It's freedom!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey bro, my first car was a honda Civic DX 2000 as well. It's time to move on. :) Civic X is my newly wed.
I didn't want to let her go with another partner so I let her get smashed in the junk yard.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Well I went to the dealer in town one last time to make sure how I felt about everything.

They had the coupes there including one in Aegean blue and green. The green looks very nice, especially the pearl finish, but the blue definitely wins it for me. Actually all the colors look nice. The burgundy is certainly interesting, the silver looks GREAT despite my disdain for plain looking cars, the white pearl looks very nice up close but far away it looks like plain white, the red really stands out and is nice. I wish all colors were that bright pure color. The blue though definitely looks nice it looks different in all types of light. The blue coupe was in a different place than the sedan and you'd swear it was a different paint because of the lighting. Also in some lights the blue looks like a sunset blue if that makes any sense.

Walking around the sedan section it always looks different depending on angle. And in many angles it looks like a small coupe itself. The coupe seems a bit too long and stretched out to me. I don't like the sharp angle at the roof or the bulbous backend. What kills it for me is the handle/pump for the seat position. So gimmicky and feels very cheap.

One thing I didn't like about either sedan or coupe, or the Accord, is that the inside material, the carpet, feels very cheap. At least in the backseat on that divider hump thing by passenger feet wells. The trunk interior feels cheap too.

But anyway I'm absolutely in love with this car! Can't wait to get it. Having a new car is a big responsibility but I think it'll be worth it. It's freedom!
You can get deluxe carpet pads for a couple of hundred bucks. But honestly, how often do you touch the carpet?

You can also get an Acura ILX which will have a nicer carpet as standard.
Sponsored