First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si built block is plug and play pretty much. I was going to go through my mechanic to build my motor but after thinking about how much more money I was going to have to put into my car just to make more power I decided to sell my car and buy a mustang bullitt. But after all the research I did about the L15 it seems the cams, valve springs and retainers, 4 bar map sensors, head gasket, and the short block are plug and play aside from needing to tune for the 4bar map sensors and new cams and lower compression than the 10:6:1 that’s factory with the hatch. Thank you all for your interest in my build!
I am going through a motor build now. At first it’s seems like its a reasonable price but then specialized tools, fluids and gaskets creep up the cost. I spent $800 CDN on Honda gaskets and fluids and crush washers that I didn’t really think would add up. Probably another $1000 at least on specialized tools (which I can reuse). I guess what I am trying to say is you made a good choice! Building an engine is way more expensive than I planned. Mustang bullit is a very nice car. Share some photos once you got her!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shingo_FK7

Shingo_FK7

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am going through a motor build now. At first it’s seems like its a reasonable price but then specialized tools, fluids and gaskets creep up the cost. I spent $800 CDN on Honda gaskets and fluids and crush washers that I didn’t really think would add up. Probably another $1000 at least on specialized tools (which I can reuse). I guess what I am trying to say is you made a good choice! Building an engine is way more expensive than I planned. Mustang bullit is a very nice car. Share some photos once you got her!
For sure! I’ll post it in this thread for sure. If only I could reliably coyote swap into this car lol.

OP
OP
Shingo_FK7

Shingo_FK7

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Here’s the beast. Only put 115 miles put on her so far. This car doesn’t feel as fast as my civic but in reality is much faster just heavier with better suspension. Need to find a place to whip it through corners and have some RWD fun.
Honda Civic 10th gen My Engine Build D16AAA95-9281-42BE-8CF2-E0C68EEBEDD6
Honda Civic 10th gen My Engine Build 21191DA8-A2CB-47E3-94C0-D9FE1886F553
Honda Civic 10th gen My Engine Build 47AAC0B1-DCF0-4876-A5B5-F1AF5E1FAB66