Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Please keep a few things in mind. The hondata OTS map got the coolest run. I was on a time crunch so there was zero time fir cool down. It was load tune and pull. Plus figured out that cause the loss of fuel pressure that the car had to do 3 pulls consecutively to compensate fueling to smooth power out. Hondata OTS doesnt tax the pump as much. Needles to say there where a lot of pulls that made heat. Also please keep in mind both iat sensors read over 110 degrees when I hit 372 whp and 394 tq. This was done on a dyno jet. The car is full bolt I’m comparing my tune next to hondata full bolt on OTS option. 93 octane. No parts changes between pulls ect ect. No meth. Please don’t comment that hondata tune should make more power. That’s just my baseline I used every dyno read different. If you see another dyno that shows higher keep in mind my tune would read higher. The bumps in power come from fuel pressure fluctuation and the car trying to learn compensation.
Also temp was 71 degrees on hondata run and 85 degrees my tune

Honda Civic 10th gen My dyno results fbo my tune vs hondata C2D9F195-5E03-48E8-A29E-178DEDD08F43
Sponsored

Last edited:

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So how does the car feel after the tune? Those gains look good.
I'm getting tuned in 2 weeks and I have fbo. If I can get those numbers I'd be super happy.

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Please keep a few things in mind. The hondata OTS map got the coolest run. I was on a time crunch so there was zero time fir cool down. It was load tune and pull. Plus figured out that cause the loss of fuel pressure that the car had to do 3 pulls consecutively to compensate fueling to smooth power out. Hondata OTS doesnt tax the pump as much. Needles to say there where a lot of pulls that made heat. Also please keep in mind both iat sensors read over 110 degrees when I hit 372 whp and 394 tq. This was done on a dyno jet. The car is full bolt I’m comparing my tune next to hondata full bolt on OTS option. 93 octane. No parts changes between pulls ect ect. No meth. Please don’t comment that hondata tune should make more power. That’s just my baseline I used every dyno read different. If you see another dyno that shows higher keep in mind my tune would read higher. The bumps in power come from fuel pressure fluctuation and the car trying to learn compensation.
Also temp was 71 degrees on hondata run and 85 degrees my tune

C2D9F195-5E03-48E8-A29E-178DEDD08F43.jpeg
what was changed from the OTS tune?
was it just boost or did you play with ignition too?

what's your FP duty cycle like?

Reactions: Tmy
OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
what was changed from the OTS tune?
was it just boost or did you play with ignition too?

what's your FP duty cycle like?
Fuel pressure caused a lot of problems.I kept the duty cycle at 95 percent but I had to put it at 100 when I got home to help. Due to the drop in pressure and the ecu trying to keep up I kept having to do 3 consecutive pulls for the fuel to be right. It would load up so bad on the first run it blew soo much smoke. By the third run it would be clear and smoother. After a few more pulls it was fine on the street which is where you really should let it learn. It actually starts to regain pressure by 6k so the car has to keep adjusting. Which us also why after driving them after they are tuned makes them often make even more power. The uneven curve comes from that fuel learning due to drop in pressure. Hondata not as much cause they basically limited that tune to have less drop in pressure cause less demand for learning. Realistically even with a hondata tune getting the fuel system wouldn’t be a bad idea. I believe at least with a better high pressure fuel pump you could make 450whp on stock injectors. With little learning needed. The fuel system really is a major limiter. Seeing this I won’t dare put a big turbo on this car till the high pressure pump is upgraded.

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
So how does the car feel after the tune? Those gains look good.
I'm getting tuned in 2 weeks and I have fbo. If I can get those numbers I'd be super happy.
I pretty much had it close before I got there but irs a big difference. I just had some fueling issues as I just posted in response the explanation in this thread. Keep in mind had it been cooled off like the hondata run you can easily get another 10-15whp so my numbers are slightly lower then what they should be. I spent a lot of time tinkering on what the car does and doesn’t like for power. If you get 40whp over the ots hondata map that’s all your going to get. Trust me there’s no miracle 400whp stock fuel stock turbo pump gas type r possible. Unless crappy dyno. The car if your full bolt on without any tune you’ve gained zero hp. That’s another fact I can assure you. If you make those numbers on a dynojet you going to grin fir the next week after you drive it.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Fuel pressure caused a lot of problems.I kept the duty cycle at 95 percent but I had to put it at 100 when I got home to help. Due to the drop in pressure and the ecu trying to keep up I kept having to do 3 consecutive pulls for the fuel to be right. It would load up so bad on the first run it blew soo much smoke. By the third run it would be clear and smoother. After a few more pulls it was fine on the street which is where you really should let it learn. It actually starts to regain pressure by 6k so the car has to keep adjusting. Which us also why after driving them after they are tuned makes them often make even more power. The uneven curve comes from that fuel learning due to drop in pressure. Hondata not as much cause they basically limited that tune to have less drop in pressure cause less demand for learning. Realistically even with a hondata tune getting the fuel system wouldn’t be a bad idea. I believe at least with a better high pressure fuel pump you could make 450whp on stock injectors. With little learning needed. The fuel system really is a major limiter. Seeing this I won’t dare put a big turbo on this car till the high pressure pump is upgraded.
So you were at 95% on the dyno and then you made it ever worse at 100% when you got home. I feel bad for your car. The reason its blowing black smoke because your out of fuel and your rail pressure is dropping and the ecu is changing what time your injectors fire just to try and keep up. And the fuel learning, I don't even know what else to say about that lol. Also your using std and smoothing and the graph is that choppy :(

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I don't understand why zero hp gains on fbo. My car feels noticeably better after the IC and exhaust. Definitely more responsive than before. Sounds killer too :D

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't understand why zero hp gains on fbo. My car feels noticeably better after the IC and exhaust. Definitely more responsive than before. Sounds killer too :D
Because the ctr uses torque tables so the stock tune is only going to hit a certain trq target and stop that is why bolt ons the stock tune done do much.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Because the ctr uses torque tables so the stock tune is only going to hit a certain trq target and stop that is why bolt ons the stock tune done do much.
I'm running hondata 93 oct OTS tune. Does that help?

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm running hondata 93 oct OTS tune. Does that help?
Oh then its not zero gains, I wouldn't list to much to what the op is talking about because a lot of it is not true or wrong. The 93 ots map is going to have some gains over the stock tune but nothing crazy. The ots tunes are meant to be a good and safe starting place. 330-340 is where most people will be with a ots tune and full bolt ons but a custom tune will get you a little more power.

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
So you were at 95% on the dyno and then you made it ever worse at 100% when you got home. I feel bad for your car. The reason its blowing black smoke because your out of fuel and your rail pressure is dropping and the ecu is changing what time your injectors fire just to try and keep up. And the fuel learning, I don't even know what else to say about that lol. Also your using std and smoothing and the graph is that choppy :(
First of all maybe you should tell hondata to stop e30 which sucks even more fuel than this tune their wrong too. You have absolutely no idea what closed and open loop are. If you did you know these ecu are full closed loop therefore you do NOT control the fuel like open loop. The ecu does. 2nd of all. All new cars after ecm reset have fuel relearn.oh did you stop to think dyno load can never be identical to street. The only time it ever ran rich was first pulls on the dyno. It never did it on the street I know cause I had it mostly tuned before I even got their. Maybe I just did 21 years repairing cars and modding with half a brain. Maybe I wanted 6000 dollars on a snap on scanner cause I’m stupid and don’t know how to use it it I just have wasted 11 grand on snap on tool box what you think??
3rd hondata duty cycle is 100 recent in their OTS maps so is factory settings. If I wanted to screw it up I’d override it by putting in 110percent and overwork what the manufacturer recommends.if you understood manufacturer 100 percent is not all out it’s 100 percent if what they deem safe. Just like injectors can have a duty cycle over 100 percent . maybe prl Motorsports was wrong too when they advanced injector timing during their prototype bolt on turbo so when the injectors compensated by opening longer for loss of fuel pressure. You should tell them too. They did the same thing. Or maybe you should read up when knocking on someone on something when youve never heard it before. It’s called long term and short term fuel trims. It exists on every modern car

here’s proof datalog your afr I guarantee every single pull will be different. Especially right after a flash. Especially if you run anything different than factory afr settings which is exactly what hondata uses factory fueling and 27 psi and 13-1 equals detonation. Thats emissions afr. Thats why hondata peaks at 24 psi with full bolt on. But you already knew this right?

Last edited:

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
First of all maybe you should tell hondata to stop e30 which sucks even more fuel than this tune their wrong too. You have absolutely no idea what closed and open loop are. If you did you know these ecu are full closed loop therefore you do NOT control the fuel like open loop. The ecu does. 2nd of all. All new cars after ecm reset have fuel relearn.oh did you stop to think dyno load can never be identical to street. The only time it ever ran rich was first pulls on the dyno. It never did it on the street I know cause I had it mostly tuned before I even got their. Maybe I just did 21 years repairing cars and modding with half a brain. Maybe I wanted 6000 dollars on a snap on scanner cause I’m stupid and don’t know how to use it it I just have wasted 11 grand on snap on tool box what you think??
3rd hondata duty cycle is 100 recent in their OTS maps so is factory settings. If I wanted to screw it up I’d override it by putting in 110percent and overwork what the manufacturer recommends.if you understood manufacturer 100 percent is not all out it’s 100 percent if what they deem safe. Just like injectors can have a duty cycle over 100 percent . maybe prl Motorsports was wrong too when they advanced injector timing during their prototype bolt on turbo so when the injectors compensated by opening longer for loss of fuel pressure. You should tell them too. They did the same thing. Or maybe you should read up when knocking on someone on something when youve never heard it before.

here’s proof datalog your afr I guarantee every single pull will be different. Especially right after a flash. Especially if you run anything different than factory afr settings which is exactly what hondata uses factory fueling and 27 psi and 13-1 equals detonation. Thats emissions afr. Thats why hondata peaks at 24 psi with full bolt on. But you already knew this right?
So you spent 17k on over priced snap on tools and still don't know what your talking about....got it.

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Oh then its not zero gains, I wouldn't list to much to what the op is talking about because a lot of it is not true or wrong. The 93 ots map is going to have some gains over the stock tune but nothing crazy. The ots tunes are meant to be a good and safe starting place. 330-340 is where most people will be with a ots tune and full bolt ons but a custom tune will get you a little more power.
So you spent 17k on over priced snap on tools and still don't know what your talking about....got it.
dude your totally clueless look up long term and short term fuel trims!!!
Did I mention 25000 in tools.
That’s the best answer you can come up with a zero fact response. Keep up keyboard warrior keep it up.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
dude your totally clueless look up long term and short term fuel trims!!!
Did I mention 25000 in tools.
That’s the best answer you can come up with a zero fact response. Keep up keyboard warrior keep it up.
Fuel trims have zero to fucking do with you difp being maxed out and out of fuel. You're also clueless if you think hondata and the factory tune has the difp running at 100% that is just dumb. But hey power to you man keep tuning your shit wrong, wont hurt my feeling any when you blow it up. There is not a single tuner on the planet that would say 100% is safe on the difp.

This right here is just full derp per your words:

"Fuel pressure caused a lot of problems.I kept the duty cycle at 95 percent but I had to put it at 100 when I got home to help. Due to the drop in pressure and the ecu trying to keep up I kept having to do 3 consecutive pulls for the fuel to be right."

OP
OP
Jpierro79

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Fuel trims have zero to fucking do with you difp being maxed out and out of fuel. You're also clueless if you think hondata and the factory tune has the difp running at 100% that is just dumb. But hey power to you man keep tuning your shit wrong, wont hurt my feeling any when you blow it up. There is not a single tuner on the planet that would say 100% is safe on the difp.

This right here is just full derp per your words:

"Fuel pressure caused a lot of problems.I kept the duty cycle at 95 percent but I had to put it at 100 when I got home to help. Due to the drop in pressure and the ecu trying to keep up I kept having to do 3 consecutive pulls for the fuel to be right."
Im done with you. Hondata doesn’t even limit the fuel pump they let it go all out. If you opened it up and look under fuel and pump your see where there is a box that says limit fuel pump. It’s NOT CHECKED OFF!!!! I added the limit. You clearly have no professional knowledge. Besides what destroys high pressure pumps is not volume period it’s when people over rev stock ones and when they add more pressure to compensate for weak injectors which is NOT the kink in the type r fuel system. Again you have a zero fact response yet I present another fact about the tuning directly out of the program. You are wrong get over it. Again you are not getting it 100 percent doesn’t mean all out in the automotive world. Another perfect example is load. Look at anti lag load it’s set at 250% if you set it at 100 percent it will only make 8psi. Last message.
Sponsored