naldyjams

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I was trying to install a new head unit last night and had a ready-harness from crutchfield. long story short, it wouldn’t turn on so I just put my old unit back on for the time being. but now the old unit won’t turn on either.

and before you ask, no, i didn’t disconnect the battery first. and yes i realize i’m an idiot.

What do you guys think the problem couple be? the display turns on when in reverse but that’s about it. I wired up everything exactly like how it was when I disassembled
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes after you had this issue? It usually will reset it.

OP
OP

naldyjams

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes after you had this issue? It usually will reset it.
I figured it out. I disconnected the battery and reconnected but to no avail. Figured I somehow blew a fuse so replaced #19 up front and #1 drivers side. everything’s running smoothly now

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I figured it out. I disconnected the battery and reconnected but to no avail. Figured I somehow blew a fuse so replaced #19 up front and #1 drivers side. everything’s running smoothly now
Makes sense since you were playing with live wires.

OP
OP

naldyjams

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Makes sense since you were playing with live wires.
scratch that. the steering wheel controls still weren’t working so i tried to figure out what’s going on by taking it apart and putting it back together again. now almost every single warning light is on, PDR are all overlapped, and my car stalls after starting. should’ve quit while i was ahead. guess i’ll just tow it to the dealer at this point...
Sponsored