My CTR got rear-ended :(

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Damn that is a dick move for real....1st of all if you are not injured dont go though all that. In
Insurance company's are never on your side.

you got lucky

you probably could have gotten 3 x what you got if you hired a lawyer. Also being scummy is wrong terminology when it comes to protecting your rights to be properly compensated.
you are the worst kind of person

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Damn that is a dick move for real....1st of all if you are not injured dont go though all that. In

you are the worst kind of person
If you're not taking advantage of the situation, then someone else will.

Kidding.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Insurance company's are never on your side.

you got lucky

you probably could have gotten 3 x what you got if you hired a lawyer. Also being scummy is wrong terminology when it comes to protecting your rights to be properly compensated.
I agree with the first line.

Yeah, scummy was my nice way of putting it. Pretty sure the correct terminology is insurance fraud but I don’t care to throw around any accusations on you.

I got $3k. I didn't even visit a doctor or call a lawyer. I was not seriously hurt. It did not stop me from walking or working. It was sore. I wouldn't want $9k to cheat the system.

Now, personally, I do think I deserve $150,000 minimum for the suffering I endured knowing my precious Type R was violated. Not sure I'd convince insurance or a lawyer on that one though.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
This poster is starting to sound like a personal injury lawyer to me or someone who works for such a firm. In a previous post he told another poster he "has a lot to learn in life". I'm 70 years old and my Daddy taught me when I was old enough to understand that making false statements(lies) is not right. When you are in an accident that is another persons fault you should be compensated for the damages and any physical injury. Period...full stop. To run to a doctor and attorney to increase alleged(faked) injuries is B.S. IMHO.

I spent 30 years as a manager with a large transportation company(RR) and some employees would claim false injuries to "cash in". One older dude claimed he had a back injury; ran to a personal injury lawsuit lawyer who sent him to a questionable Dr. who claimed he was totally disabled. Things didn't add up and claims had an investigator look in to this situation. Turns out he had a new job and worked a farm including loading large pieces of concrete in the back of his pickup which was all video taped. When confronted the employee resigned and the lawsuit was tossed out. I am not defending insurance companies at all, but faking an injury to increase the liability and payout is unethical and should be prosecuted. Sorry just my opinion.
The OPs type R has at least 4k worth of damage in the back , his car was pushed forward into another car , "not his fault" Probably has another 3k minimum worth of damage in the front. He will be without a car for awhile and probably loss of work

Yeah he has a great case , go seek medical attention and hire a lawyer.

Rear end collisions are one of the most common – but luckily one of the least serious – accident types. ... Because California is an at-fault, or tort liability state for car accidents, determining fault in all crashes that result in damages, even if those damages are minor, is important.May 24, 2017

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
$150,000 Quadruple the value of this car.....Hate to break it to you all on this forum. This car is worth probably around $34,000 or less. We overpriced the car by wanting it so badly we brought it at MSRP or more. (It is a good car mind you not doubting that)

We are driving Civic Sport hatches with that Type R touch. The Engine, brakes , Suspension, and interior are unique. Everything else is a Civic Hatchback sport. At the end of the day This car can be fixed and be close to New if you take it to a shop that knows what they are doing.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$150,000 Quadruple the value of this car.....Hate to break it to you all on this forum. This car is worth probably around $34,000 or less. We overpriced the car by wanting it so badly we brought it at MSRP or more. (It is a good car mind you not doubting that)

We are driving Civic Sport hatches with that Type R touch. The Engine, brakes , Suspension, and interior are unique. Everything else is a Civic Hatchback sport. At the end of the day This car can be fixed and be close to New if you take it to a shop that knows what they are doing.
lol, I just put $150k to add some humor to my post. I was not serious on the valuation at all.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP, just a word of advice, find out the ETA on parts before you take it into a shop. There is/was a national backorder on a bunch of CTR parts. Might be sitting a while before you can get the pieces in.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You literally told him to go to a doc for back issues when he never mentioned having pain and was just asking about a repair shop. Also mentioned him to avoid any offer and keep going on a diminished value claim to the tune of 30k, oof. "Yeah you have a huge case my brother" that reads like a Celino and Barnes ad.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
When someone hit my Type R I hit my foot really hard, but was not in serious pain. I was sore for a few weeks though.

When I talked to the insurance company I told them about the injury but said I didn’t wanna be the scummy guy going to the shady injury lawyers from commercials. I got a decent check for just being honest, not $30k but I wasn’t even seriously injured. I felt pain and have no doubt a doctor could have worked it up for me.

Sorry about your car OP. Hope you are alright.

The last time I was rear-ended, (we both had State Farm), It really aggravated an already bad back - motorcross spills when I was younger, and backed off a 30' bridge landing almost flat on my back (that one probably broke my tailbone since it points inward at a 90Âş angle now o_O)- and in addition to paying for all the chiro visits, they OFFERED me a settlement equal to the amount they paid for all the chiro visits... plus missed work time for those appointments. I'm sure to avoid a lawsuit, which I never even considered or mentioned, and having to pay out for future complications, but sometimes, insurance companies do the right thing. I'm sure the fact that we both had the same carrier probably had something to do with it, as well.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Again you are not comprehending what I said. I mentioned he was sandwich between two cards , rear ended could cause those injuries and if he had those injuries he should seek representation for pain and suffering. If this is the situation then yes he should talk to a lawyer.

Your maturity level is probably in your 20s? who writes oof in sentences?
I'm actually 19, I make my money coding apps that boomers won't ever use and can't understand other than they like the $$$ they see on the stock. Thanks for giving me some credit though, I'll take 20s!

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic sport hatchback (FK7)
Country flag
Caliber collision here in San Diego has done great work for me to look factory. Obviously though like any franchise each location is probably different. I actually recommend people to them all the time now. Good luck with your repairs.
which caliber location in San Diego did you go to?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which caliber location in San Diego did you go to?
My car started at Pacific Beach which was then transfered to Escondido and they did a factory quality job on my Mercedes. This was 10 years ago though now so things might have changed since then.

sonicgp.fk7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic sport hatchback (FK7)
Country flag
My car started at Pacific Beach which was then transfered to Escondido and they did a factory quality job on my Mercedes. This was 10 years ago though now so things might have changed since then.
ahh I see. I’m taking my FK7 to Caliber in Poway for initial estimate. I started at the Escondido location but I found out they are not Honda certified. Caliber Collision in Poway is Honda certified
Sponsored