CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Anyone have a reputable repair shop in So Cal that will take proper care of my CTR? My insurance recommended Caliber Collision Center in Costa Mesa..are they any good?
Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone have a reputable repair shop in So Cal that will take proper care of my CTR? My insurance recommended Caliber Collision Center in Costa Mesa..are they any good?
Caliber collision here in San Diego has done great work for me to look factory. Obviously though like any franchise each location is probably different. I actually recommend people to them all the time now. Good luck with your repairs.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
I feel your pain... It's such a horrible feeling being rear-ended, and damage to the front is salt in the wound... I hope your day get's better.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used Caliber twice in my area when I had my CTR and needed body work done. Both times they did a great job.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't look to bad will be a cheap fix. Still sucks but could of been worse.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
One thing for sure after accident eventually you get squeaking and rattling hate that!

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Op: Hope you or any passengers weren't hurt. The car can be fixed. Was the other driver "distracted"?

On the post below I'm going to take that as humor, because if not that is one reason why all our insurance costs are higher than they need to be. End of Rant.
Maybe he needed the money to pay his insurance costs that are higher than necessary. It's all a game, don't hate the player. The insurance companies don't just sit around conspiring to do the right thing every day either.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OnidCTR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2011 BMW M3 (Sold), 2005 BMW M3 (Sold), 2004 Honda S2000, 2000 Honda S2000 (Sold)
Country flag
When my M3 got rear ended a few years back, I took it to 2020 Autobody tech. They are great and highly recommended. They work on high end cars such as Ferrari and Lambo’s all day.

http://www.2020autobodytech.com/

Their work is phenomenal and brought everything back to OEM spec. Check them out on Yelp.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
call the best accident injury lawfirm near you and start going to the doc for back issues :)
lawyers will represent you for free.

Also you should be getting a diminished value claim probably about 400-500.00 . Do not settle or talk to anyone on the other guys insurance . in a few years you should get a 30k payout if you keep going.

Also your car looks like it was hit by a suv and the damage looks bad probably about 4-5k

yeah you have a huge case my brother. Get the car fixed and hopefully the body shop does not report it to carfax. Try to tell the bodyshop not to report if possible and then trade it in and buy a new car. Dont worry type r can be bought at m srp , you might have to travel out of state but who cares , plane fare is cheap as hell. but please go to the doc and get a accident lawfirm on your side.

unless you were racing/speeding and there are witnesses you are screwed.

Some rich investor douche bag rear ended me with 400 miles on my CTR and took advantage of his 250k insurance policy

got me a 2020 CTR now practically for free, had a 2018 CTR.

btw once a car is in an accident body shops never make it the same and your eyes or a professional body man can tell especially if they bond the body work and paint it. Dealerships wont know if it is not on the carfax.
When someone hit my Type R I hit my foot really hard, but was not in serious pain. I was sore for a few weeks though.

When I talked to the insurance company I told them about the injury but said I didn’t wanna be the scummy guy going to the shady injury lawyers from commercials. I got a decent check for just being honest, not $30k but I wasn’t even seriously injured. I felt pain and have no doubt a doctor could have worked it up for me.

Sorry about your car OP. Hope you are alright.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
So sorry for your accident. That's my color too! I'd be heartbroken as I'm sure you are.

To lighten the mood a bit - my son had 3 accidents with his first 2 cars. All rear ended. All driver talking on cell phone. One of them was his girl friend!

Best of luck on your repairs, glad you were not hurt!
Sponsored