My Civic Si was stolen this morning

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just because you won't be driving a Civic doesn't mean you should just run away.

Stick around. :cool:
^This! I don't have my Civic anymore but I'm still here!
Sponsored

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Latest update: contacted by the insurance adjuster. They are totaling my car. I don't have the total damage, but bumper covers were removed, headlights & tail lights, hood, and all 4 tires and rims thanks to the Rim lock key being in the trunk. Also intake, PRL Intercooler, charge pipes and the turbo. There is also front passenger damage as they were in a hurry to dump it in an isolated area, probably drove it at night with no lights and hit something, also probably drove it with no oil as the engine area has a burnt smell.

Good news is that they are going to pay me fair market value, they look at what the current year and similar mileage in my area sells for. I owe roughly about $12K on the car, so I may come out with $11K in my pocket. I was thinking maybe buy it back, but it sounds like the damage is way to extensive. If it was just engine, I could probably replace that for cheap, but bodywork is not something I want to deal with.

What am I going to do next? Probably put the money in the bank and hold off for now and drive my Accord for the time being. I don't want to buy new, and the used market doesn't look good right now. Plus I just sunk a bunch of money on the Evora :(. I'll wait it out and see what the economy looks like next year, hopefully things will start stabilizing
dang that sucks man but whats an evora?

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Just because you won't be driving a Civic doesn't mean you should just run away.

My last civic was an 8th SI.
I follow forums of cars that I might get if Im in need of getting a new car. That way I know the pros and cons of a platform that I like.

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Talked it over with my wife, were going to wait until probably May to look for another car. One car I have in mind is a 2018 or 2019 Honda Fit Sport, my neighbors kid has a 2018 with a manual, he might be selling soon. Not a lot of power but it looks practical and has pretty good MPG's. He has about 30K on it and he told me he might let it go for $13,500. Just a thought.
Believe it or not, I was torn between my 2018 Si and a 2018 Fit Sport manual with the full HFP package. I loved the practicality of the Fit, but another dealer gave me a price on the Si that I couldn't refuse.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I didn't mean it like that. I'll be sticking around and participating when I can. Just that the company I work for landed a huge contract which is going to keep us busy for the next 8 to 10 months. I really have grown to love this community so whatever I end up buying I will be around.

With all the shutdown businesses around us and people out of work, I'm in a really lucky position. I feel bad, but blessed. A contradiction but you take whatever good news you can

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Believe it or not, I was torn between my 2018 Si and a 2018 Fit Sport manual with the full HFP package. I loved the practicality of the Fit, but another dealer gave me a price on the Si that I couldn't refuse.
I am really leaning towards the Fit, as it's cheap and for commute purposes it very economical. Since it's naturally aspirated it is going be more reliable. Bonus: they come in MT flavor!

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

santachrist

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Shit. Where do I begin. I dropped off the car this morning to an America's Tire in Orange county near my work to fix a tire with a slow leak. Apparently a guy walked in and just walked up to the counter where a few keys were left including the fob to my car. My car had been finished and parked at the side, the guy got in my car and drove off. The theft deterrent being a MT didn't seem to work this time. He was wearing a mask & hat, and the only thing they could tell me was he was possibly a white or Hispanic male, dark shirt, jeans black cap. That describes most of SoCal

Police report is done, contacted my insurance company and they set me up for a rental, which I will be picking up in an hour or so. That just really sucks, I'll probably go back to driving my Accord. Hopefully it's just a joy ride and they recover it quickly. LA is known for it's chop shops, hope it doesn't end up in one of those. If you see a police chase on TV (common in SoCal) with a black Si Sedan, it's probably mine ?
Damn bro I’m surprised a thief knows how to drive a manual

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That really sucks. Bad enough to have a car stolen, worse when it was totally avoidable. Still worse when it is not easily replaced. I loved my '17 SI and would have been very upset to say the least.

I have noticed at repair shops / tire stores they are wtf too casual about a) leaving keys where someone can get to them when they step away from the counter and b) having your car outside with the key in it once it's done, so that anyone getting there ten seconds before you do can drive it off. How hard would it be to give you the keys directly when a car is finished instead of leaving them in the car and parking it ready for anyone to drive off?

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Inside job. I'd look at new hires but they won't investigate it any further. Even though it had been chopped. I'll be very inquisitive about where my keys are stored from now on.

Honda ownership, a community mixed with good owners and a hell of a lot of thieves.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
sorry to hear that. nightmare! I always question things like that. Nowadays, it's impossible to find someone since everyone's in masks. Hopefully lesson learned for the shop. Too many variables and i never trust anyone. Situation diff for everyone, but since I have a garage now, I always put my car on jack stands or have extra set of wheels to take wheel/tires in ONLY. Hope your insurance give you what you want or what's lost. Good luck. I feel for you.
I got my car stolen back in 2007. Luckily, it was a quick joy ride. It was left in the middle of an intersection. Coworker saw it on the way to work and told me about it. I had to go to a tow company and figure out where they towed it to...etc. It was a big hassle going thru different cities and different police departments.
Sponsored