Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
it was probably taken to a "chop shop",

they removed the parts they wanted, and ditched it somewhere,

somebody at that dealership is getting a cut
Most likely the case. SoCal has dozens of chop shops all over, they take what they need and dispose of the whats left. Sometimes they do it right in the open :mad:
Sponsored

pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018vic
Country flag
Man, real sorry for your loss. :( Keep us updated with what happens!

I was talking with a guy yesterday that used to have a 1998 Integra Type R. Got stolen 4 times and every time he got it back he was so paranoid about parking it anywhere. He’s in the Boston area and the third time it was stolen it was recovered using LoJack in New Jersey. The fourth time it was stolen it was never found.

This week a friend sent a video about thieves that use a scanner to get RF frequencies from key fobs in your home. On that note with our cars with keyless entry I keep my keys in a metal box with a lid. No radio frequencies can be detected.
if your really paranoid about theft,

hide one of these in your car.....

it won't prevent theft, but will find your car easily

https://www.amazon.ca/Tracker-Magne...ed-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=680458011

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Latest update: contacted by the insurance adjuster. They are totaling my car. I don't have the total damage, but bumper covers were removed, headlights & tail lights, hood, and all 4 tires and rims thanks to the Rim lock key being in the trunk. Also intake, PRL Intercooler, charge pipes and the turbo. There is also front passenger damage as they were in a hurry to dump it in an isolated area, probably drove it at night with no lights and hit something, also probably drove it with no oil as the engine area has a burnt smell.

Good news is that they are going to pay me fair market value, they look at what the current year and similar mileage in my area sells for. I owe roughly about $12K on the car, so I may come out with $11K in my pocket. I was thinking maybe buy it back, but it sounds like the damage is way to extensive. If it was just engine, I could probably replace that for cheap, but bodywork is not something I want to deal with.

What am I going to do next? Probably put the money in the bank and hold off for now and drive my Accord for the time being. I don't want to buy new, and the used market doesn't look good right now. Plus I just sunk a bunch of money on the Evora :(. I'll wait it out and see what the economy looks like next year, hopefully things will start stabilizing

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
...all 4 tires and rims thanks to the Rim lock key being in the trunk.
Nah. Removing wheel locks is fairly trivial, especially for pro's who brought the correct tools for the job.

As or buying it back, maybe? It depends on the damage and how cheap they would sell it to you. Although, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of rebuilding, it probably isn't worth it.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@HondaFanz2018, sorry to hear... At least they found it and you're getting paid out. Try to take that Acuity shifter out of there if it's still in there!

Luckily, you still have a nice DD and garage queen. Is you Accord a 6-6? I had a 3rd gen TL with 6mt and that car was so much fun to rev to redline! With the 11th gen coming out soon, you may have better luck getting a used 10th gen Si next year.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@HondaFanz2018, sorry to hear... At least they found it and you're getting paid out. Try to take that Acuity shifter out of there if it's still in there!

Luckily, you still have a nice DD and garage queen. Is you Accord a 6-6? I had a 3rd gen TL with 6mt and that car was so much fun to rev to redline! With the 11th gen coming out soon, you may have better luck getting a used 10th gen Si next year.
I would only be able to take out personal belongings such as a jacket, paperwork etc. After the insurance company declares it totaled, it belongs to them. I did enquirer about the Acuity shifter kit, and I got a big NO. They will be paying me $1000 additional for personal items, which include the Acuity, the PRL, Ktuner etc. Plus this is LA. The tow yard workers would have already scavenged the car!

If you mean V6 plus 6 speed MT, YES. It's a 2013 Sport V6 Coupe, Revs out to 6700 RPM. Fun car to drive, just not as gas efficient for my commute as I want. Also I've put over 115K on it.

Lets see next year, people jumping to the 11th gen might give me an opportunity to pickup another 10th gen at a better price

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I would only be able to take out personal belongings such as a jacket, paperwork etc. After the insurance company declares it totaled, it belongs to them. I did enquirer about the Acuity shifter kit, and I got a big NO. They will be paying me $1000 additional for personal items, which include the Acuity, the PRL, Ktuner etc. Plus this is LA. The tow yard workers would have already scavenged the car!

If you mean V6 plus 6 speed MT, YES. It's a 2013 Sport V6 Coupe, Revs out to 6700 RPM. Fun car to drive, just not as gas efficient for my commute as I want. Also I've put over 115K on it.

Lets see next year, people jumping to the 11th gen might give me an opportunity to pickup another 10th gen at a better price
Lol, makes sense that they won't let you take it. At least they're covering your aftermarket stuff. Some companies don't do that.

And yup, I was referring to the V6 w/ 6mt. That's the way to go with those Accords!

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol, makes sense that they won't let you take it. At least they're covering your aftermarket stuff. Some companies don't do that.

And yup, I was referring to the V6 w/ 6mt. That's the way to go with those Accords!
I'll never sale this Accord, you will never see one like it again with this engine. I drove the 10th Gen 2.0t, and it is faster, but the V6 in mine is still better. It screams elegantly and loudly when tasked, quiet and smooth normal. Even when going soft, it's ready to give you the power you need when you need it. It's completely stock, and I'm keeping it that way

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah. Removing wheel locks is fairly trivial, especially for pro's who brought the correct tools for the job.

As or buying it back, maybe? It depends on the damage and how cheap they would sell it to you. Although, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of rebuilding, it probably isn't worth it.
Yes I am sure they would have removed the wheels regardless. If it was only a blown engine & transmission, I would jump on it in a second, although my wife is not fond of my hobby of working on cars in the garage. Tires and rims I could deal with, but body damage not so much

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've told your story to a few friends because it's such a crazy story. I was happy to see this morning that it worked out as well as it could. Be grateful you have another car for now, which is sounds like you are. I can imagine that feeling of being taken advantage of though.

I hope you'll update us on whatever car you decide to get.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dumpy small tire place across from THH?
Not sure about that. I've only been there twice, once to drop off my car to get a flat fixed and to do a police report and sign some paperwork after it was stolen. I buy my tires in the South Bay area, usually from the Costco near Hawthorne or the one in Torrance

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's the final analysis. Insurance company is giving me $19,996 for the car and $1000 for personal possessions stolen from the car, that includes any aftermarket parts I installed. The existing loan will be paid off and I will end up with $9K and some change in my pocket. That's near almost break even. I've asked them to send me pics of what's left of the car, the adjuster said he would email them to me, I'll post them once I get them.

Talked it over with my wife, were going to wait until probably May to look for another car. One car I have in mind is a 2018 or 2019 Honda Fit Sport, my neighbors kid has a 2018 with a manual, he might be selling soon. Not a lot of power but it looks practical and has pretty good MPG's. He has about 30K on it and he told me he might let it go for $13,500. Just a thought.

This is a great community, thank you all for your support and well wishes. It's great to see all these enthusiasts, although I was only here a short time, I enjoyed my conversations with you guys. If I end up buying another Civic I will be back. I'll keep checking in from time to time! Wish me luck

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the final analysis. Insurance company is giving me $19,996 for the car and $1000 for personal possessions stolen from the car, that includes any aftermarket parts I installed. The existing loan will be paid off and I will end up with $9K and some change in my pocket. That's near almost break even. I've asked them to send me pics of what's left of the car, the adjuster said he would email them to me, I'll post them once I get them.

Talked it over with my wife, were going to wait until probably May to look for another car. One car I have in mind is a 2018 or 2019 Honda Fit Sport, my neighbors kid has a 2018 with a manual, he might be selling soon. Not a lot of power but it looks practical and has pretty good MPG's. He has about 30K on it and he told me he might let it go for $13,500. Just a thought.

This is a great community, thank you all for your support and well wishes. It's great to see all these enthusiasts, although I was only here a short time, I enjoyed my conversations with you guys. If I end up buying another Civic I will be back. I'll keep checking in from time to time! Wish me luck
Just because you won't be driving a Civic doesn't mean you should just run away.

Stick around. :cool:
Sponsored