HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Shit. Where do I begin. I dropped off the car this morning to an America's Tire in Orange county near my work to fix a tire with a slow leak. Apparently a guy walked in and just walked up to the counter where a few keys were left including the fob to my car. My car had been finished and parked at the side, the guy got in my car and drove off. The theft deterrent being a MT didn't seem to work this time. He was wearing a mask & hat, and the only thing they could tell me was he was possibly a white or Hispanic male, dark shirt, jeans black cap. That describes most of SoCal

Police report is done, contacted my insurance company and they set me up for a rental, which I will be picking up in an hour or so. That just really sucks, I'll probably go back to driving my Accord. Hopefully it's just a joy ride and they recover it quickly. LA is known for it's chop shops, hope it doesn't end up in one of those. If you see a police chase on TV (common in SoCal) with a black Si Sedan, it's probably mine ?
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bruh tf I hope that tire shop is going to step up and take some responsibility for this... like how is someone going to walk in and go next to unguarded keys and just drive off??

Seems like someone should be guarding those keys or they should be in a locked box at least..

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huge yikes. Hope you get your car back, and the shop is definitely responsible for this.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bruh tf I hope that tire shop is going to step up and take some responsibility for this... like how is someone going to walk in and go next to unguarded keys and just drive off??

Seems like someone should be guarding those keys or they should be in a locked box at least..
The way the manager explained it was that they do lock them but one of the employees put it a group of keys down for a minute. The lobby area was busy and the thief took advantage of that. I'm just going to let my insurance company deal with them, as the insurance company will want to collect from them. They are definitely responsible

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
The way the manager explained it was that they do lock them but one of the employees put it a group of keys down for a minute. The lobby area was busy and the thief took advantage of that. I'm just going to let my insurance company deal with them, as the insurance company will want to collect from them. They are definitely responsible
Apparently those keys are left unprotected a lot more often than they are letting on for someone to walk in at the most random of times and grab them. Either that, or it was a collaboration.

Either way, that sucks. I guess the next question is what color is your next Si going to be?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn! Good luck with everything! My 2000 Si was stolen years ago, and never recovered. If they recover yours, I hope there's no damage to it. If they don't, I hope they pay you put well.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Darn, you put the keys down for a minute and the car is gone.... As the song says,

This ain't no disco
And it ain't no country club either
This is L.A.

They killed Live PD, the best ever show on TV, so I won't even see the chase on TV.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn man, sorry to hear... Hopefully your car can be recovered without any damage. If worst comes to worst, then the insurance company should pay you out or replace your Si outright.

Luckily your Evora wasn't stolen!
Well I'm hoping I recover it before he does any damage. Buying another car was not in the stars. My Evora is on the way, I can tell you that if I ever have to take somewhere to get the tires changed etc I'm not gonna take my eyes off of it!

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Apparently those keys are left unprotected a lot more often than they are letting on for someone to walk in at the most random of times and grab them. Either that, or it was a collaboration.

Either way, that sucks. I guess the next question is what color is your next Si going to be?
I'm hoping it gets recovered. Just in case I've been looking at pricing on used Si's, the cheapest I've seen is $20,994. I paid OTD for mine I think less than $20K. I'm not sure what I'm going to buy if insurance has to pay out on it

Last edited:
OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Darn, you put the keys down for a minute and the car is gone.... As the song says,

This ain't no disco
And it ain't no country club either
This is L.A.

They killed Live PD, the best ever show on TV, so I won't even see the chase on TV.
Well if you stream our local news channels (KTLA, KTTV, KNBC) you can see 3 or 4 PD chases a day!

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
F*#k bro sucks that happened to you! it doe not matter how busy they get the keys should have been put away!
I agree. I chewed out the manager, but you know the saying, shit happens
Sponsored