My Civic killed its first critter today. :(

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
This morning, there was a crow flying and running around on the road chasing a mouse. I thought it'd get hit, but it didn't, that I saw. Crows highly intelligent, so maybe he knew what he was doing.
Sponsored

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nothing to report yet but after reading about the rabbit you hit. I hit a rabbit once and I felt awful. In my old prelude. Country road, I was driving and the wife in the passenger seat. She goes oh cute a little rabbit running along side our car (maybe 10-12 feet away) and we were only going 20mph at the time. I glance and it pulled ahead of me still running straight. Thought nothing of it. Then it darted left (towards my car) like a tron bike (I swear a perfect 90 degree sudden turn) and thump, under the wheel.

crap.... extra hard because I have a pet rabbit at home... sucks. never like to see dead animals on the road...

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how but a rabbit got in my engine bay, maybe collected from the front air dam, got stuck in the bottom of the bay in front of the engine and started rotting. Jesus christ that smell will make you vomit. Had to pull off the coolant recovery tank to reach it and grab it with a metal claw. Always nice when you see green fluid leaking out and have to use a load of simple green to get the smell out.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I hit a pretty large turkey a little over a month ago. It came running out of the weeds/tall grass from my right, crossing in front of me. I was doing 55-60 on a divided highway, had just crossed a bridge. The gobbler knew it was in trouble, had its neck sticking straight out and was booking like the Road Runner on meth. It didn't make it, and it happened so fast I could barely slow down. I hit it with my left front bumper, almost was able to slow down enough for it to get by, but just not enough time.

I hit hard enough to where I knew something would be damaged. It went under the car, and a TON of feathers flew up behind me. Looked like a turkey version of a World War 2 end ticker tape parade in my rear view mirror. The thing must have been bald by the time it was out from under the car.

Cracked paint, bumper cover pulled slightly out of place by left headlight, cracked mesh. $1000 all told, parts/labor. Most expensive turkey I ever bought per pound, considering my $500 deductible.

Took about a month to get one trim part that was on backorder.

Darky

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I hit a mouse this morning on the way to work.
No damage to report.