my buying experience when I got my type R last week.

Type Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 R, Honda Gen, Cad. DTS
I found my black one at the Hendrick Honda store in Concord NC. It was listed for MSRP, so I knew there must be a catch. The "catch" was they were conducting an online auction for the right to buy the vehicle at MSRP with the proceeds of the auction going to the Boys and Girls Club of Cabarrus County (NC). My final bid was $5100. I thought that was a nice touch. Nicer also was the $5100 to the B&G's will be tax deductable.

As an added bonus Honda was having a ride and drive program at Charlotte Motor Speedway, later in the week on the new rode course, along with a 3 lap turn (as a passenger) in a Mario Andretti driving experience- in a Indy car. I was invited, and of course accepted. New respect for indy car drivers!

I was lamenting to the GM that I had no garage and was considering a car cover or buying an enclosed trailer. He ordered a nice fitted cover for the vehicle, and they gave it to me comped.

I was back in the dealership the other day and they had a blue one on the floor for MSRP+ $5000. I can't blame Honda stores for doing this. I'd do the same thing. Honda dealers that don't are likely selling the car to someone who will turn around and flip it. Love this forum. You learn something new every day on this forum- Rick B
Sponsored

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was back in the dealership the other day and they had a blue one on the floor for MSRP+ $5000. I can't blame Honda stores for doing this. I'd do the same thing. Honda dealers that don't are likely selling the car to someone who will turn around and flip it. Love this forum. You learn something new every day on this forum- Rick B
The percentage of those people is very low. Flipping a car is not that easy, especially if you have to pay taxes.

Congrats on the car.

y4ngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR
Country flag
I paid MSRP on 6/20 for my white CTR and was offered 6k from a guy in Florida to take my spot, I of course didn't take it. I would say most who bought their cars in the first wave for MSRP did not have any intention to flip their cars.

Congrats on the car though, I was there for the AM session at CMS. Here is a picture we took in front of your car. We heard you came in the afternoon session.

Honda Civic 10th gen my buying experience when I got my type R last week. 20170803_111128

Last edited:

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
I paid MSRP on 6/20 for my white CTR and was offered 6k from a guy in Florida to take my spot, I of course didn't take it. I would say most who bought their cars in the first wave for MSRP did not have any intention to flip their cars.

Congrats on the car though, I was there for the AM session at CMS. Here is a picture we took in front of your car. We heard you came in the afternoon session.

20170803_111128.jpg
I should've came in the afternoon session. I pm'd you!
Sponsored