freddy finance

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK SPORT TOURING CVT
Country flag
Another consideration for anyone thinking of installing wheels with considerably less positive offset is the leverage effect when hitting a bump. Wheels that sit farther away from the point where control arms are attached to the chassis means any upward motion on the wheel will exert a greater force on springs and shocks thus reducing the dampening effect of the suspension. Remember factory engineers design suspension geometry, wheels, tires shocks and springs to work together, so altering scrub radius by changing wheel offset has many consequences, like altered steering feel, reduced bearing life and changes to toe in and toe out under braking and acceleration.
Sponsored

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
30-40 as in going from a 30 sidewall and installing a 40.
Johnny what tire size and offset do you run at the track?

I recently have purchased Titans in 18 at +45 and have been researching tires.

These are my track only set and my suspension is stock what size do you suggest i stick with?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Johnny what tire size and offset do you run at the track?

I recently have purchased Titans in 18 at +45 and have been researching tires.

These are my track only set and my suspension is stock what size do you suggest i stick with?
You might be able to fit 275. For sure 265/35/18. Note some contact patches on 265 will actually be equivalent to a 275.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
I'm glad people are dumping their stock wheels and tires. Its keeping prices on used ones low. Picked up a spare set for a reasonable price. (DD, track) Who knows maybe I will pick up a 3rd set eventually, lol? (DD, winter, track).

I have a question for those experiencing better track performance with 18s... Doesn't that affect your class for autocross? i thought anything more than a +/- 1 put you in a different class? (I'm new to autocross)
depends on rules but yes when i was in stock class that was the rule.
You might be able to fit 275. For sure 265/35/18. Note some contact patches on 265 will actually be equivalent to a 275.
thanks!

sport cup 2 or re71r is what i will be getting.. last season i ran re71's on the golf R ..this year i think i want to try sport cups
Sponsored