First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sad to hear that… So the guessing game begins.
I vote for evaporator.
So it was the condenser...again. Oh and one of the hoses has a leak also...
This means the newly revised condenser still has problems because that's what they installed last year.

They have no condenser in stock in all of Canada so they will have to order it from Japan so it will take 2-3 weeks to get.

Kinda happy my lease is over in 2 months...
Sponsored

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
So it was the condenser...again. Oh and one of the hoses has a leak also...
This means the newly revised condenser still has problems because that's what they installed last year.

They have no condenser in stock in all of Canada so they will have to order it from Japan so it will take 2-3 weeks to get.

Kinda happy my lease is over in 2 months...
I bet Jesse could've overnighted you parts from Japan.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
For those of you who are out of warranty, I found this product to help (so far) with my slowly leaking AC:

https://www.acprocold.com/product/r-1234yf-a-c-pro-recharge-kit/

After being told by Honda that my compressor was leaking, I tried A/C Pro's first R1234yf product (the separate gauge and canister) last summer and most of it leaked out by this spring. Even right after using it, I could still hear the metallic spinning sound as the compressor spins up. Then I found the above product a month ago and so far the pressure seems to be holding and I don't hear any metallic spinning sounds. It was hard to find though as I had to ask for it behind the counter at Autozone and O'Reilly's and the first 2 stores I went to said they didn't have it after the online inventory said they did, and looks like it's currently out of stock. Also, it is $140!

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Welp, had my condenser replaced in June 2020 and again this year on the first heat wave I go to turn on my AC and it's blowing hot air! It is also making the hissing/whistling noise this time around.
The condenser that was installed in June 2020 was the newly revised one so I would be surprised it would be that again so I'm guessing compressor or evaporator.
Really hoping it's not the evaporator since it seems that takes 6-8 hours due to having to remove the whole dash.
Bringing the car in tomorrow but I'm leaving on a road trip on Saturday so I really hope they get it fixed!
Are you sure the one they installed for you last year was the newly revised one? The part number for the new one should be A02, is that the part number you received for your new condenser? Anything with A01 is the old condenser.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you sure the one they installed for you last year was the newly revised one? The part number for the new one should be A02, is that the part number you received for your new condenser? Anything with A01 is the old condenser.
Yup you're right. I just checked my papers and the first replacement in June 2020 was A01 and the one they will put in this time is the revised A02.
Well that explains why it leaked again ?

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yup you're right. I just checked my papers and the first replacement in June 2020 was A01 and the one they will put in this time is the revised A02.
Well that explains why it leaked again ?
haha yep! no worries! I called a few dealerships regarding the new part number, they said they have repaired the issue with the new condensers, Honda doesn't manufacture the AC Compressors or Condensers, so this issue wasn't really a fault of there's but rather the supplier. In this case the supplier is Keihin. Hopefully Keihin fixed the defect!

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
What's the whole new A02 part number? I'd like to look this up :)

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
has the new A02 part number been the fix for this AC issue?

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
has the new A02 part number been the fix for this AC issue?
Yep, the new part number corrects the Defects in the A01 condenser, also if your AC compressor breaks they also have a new compressor with the following part number: 38810-5AA-A04, my compressor started leaking so they are fixing it under warranty, just waiting on the parts.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Yep, the new part number corrects the Defects in the A01 condenser, also if your AC compressor breaks they also have a new compressor with the following part number: 38810-5AA-A04, my compressor started leaking so they are fixing it under warranty, just waiting on the parts.
I hope the A4 at the end of the compressor’s part number doesn’t mean the screwed it up 3 times already…

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I hope the A4 at the end of the compressor’s part number doesn’t mean the screwed it up 3 times already…
Good concern! I asked about this and what they basically told me was , it's done for various reasons, usually because the new part has some small difference that allows it to fit more versions or newer models, while at the same time remaining compatible with the older versions. So the new compressor is probably more efficient and it's probably being used in the 11th gen models as well since they're using the same engine, and they probably prefer using the latest parts across different generations for consistency. Another thing to note is, Like many auto manufacturers Honda doesn't manufacture the AC components, so they're relying on these suppliers to deliver reliable AC components to them.

Hydrolic11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a notice from the mail that the warranty now is extended to 2016-2021 civic A/C condensers. 10 years from original date of purchase, with unlimited miles. Bummer seems they didn't address this at all with the 10th gens

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I just got a notice from the mail that the warranty now is extended to 2016-2021 civic A/C condensers. 10 years from original date of purchase, with unlimited miles. Bummer seems they didn't address this at all with the 10th gens
Yeah, I got this in the mail today too. Kinda sad that Honda didn't sufficiently address the issue for an entire generation of Civic. Seems like it will end up costing them more this way than - you know - actually fixing the malfunctioning condenser design a few years ago.

Guess I'll just hang on to the documentation until the day my condenser suddenly begins leaking refrigerant.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea, just got my letter too - but i noticed the "foreign object " stipulation part which makes the warranty void if a rock takes it out. Protect your condensers!
Sponsored