First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clean bro, great job on the restoration. Looks beautiful. I don't know if anyone told you yet but get rid of that bov, it harms our engines. Other than that nicely done.
New to turbo and civics In general thanks I’m looking to return it and get a prl Intake noww
Sponsored

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
New to turbo and civics In general thanks I’m looking to return it and get a prl Intake noww
If you get the Race MAF intake, be absolutely sure to flash the appropriate tune, else your fuel trims will be all out of whack. No need to worry about that with the Street MAF.

OP
OP
Jtbuilds

Jtbuilds

JT 2019 civic si
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you get the Race MAF intake, be absolutely sure to flash the appropriate tune, else your fuel trims will be all out of whack. No need to worry about that with the Street MAF.
Officially returned the BOV PRL intake on the way

OP
OP
Jtbuilds

Jtbuilds

JT 2019 civic si
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you know if any ktuner settings after upgrading intercooler?

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Intercoolers and their benefits are largely tune agnostic, so don't worry about it. The MAF housing is tune-dependent because the size directly affects the accuracy of what the mass air flow sensor readings correlate to which in turn affects the fueling. The size and efficiency of an intercooler isn't going to alter the accuracy of the IAT sensors, so a specific tune or setting is not required. You may be able to take greater advantage of the extra headroom afforded with a larger intercooler with a custom tune, but it is not necessary.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jtbuilds

Jtbuilds

JT 2019 civic si
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just adde
It’s okay short term, but long term it can destroy the cats on the car because it will run rich every time you let off the throttle for a second or 2. Which again isn’t bad short term, but those seconds will add up long term... if your catless though doesn’t really matter since there’s no cats to kill lol
just added side skirts and lip anyone have suggestions for the rear?

Honda Civic 10th gen My $5400 Copart  2019 civic si junk rescue 0A65497D-B41B-472A-87A8-EB6D2DEE8585

Honda Civic 10th gen My $5400 Copart  2019 civic si junk rescue 365C974F-4C28-49C5-A2A1-CA662962FD32

Honda Civic 10th gen My $5400 Copart  2019 civic si junk rescue 8B21297B-67BF-4DCC-9806-D918087C4049

Honda Civic 10th gen My $5400 Copart  2019 civic si junk rescue 163C3B40-C6E8-4042-A26F-0F9AEAE8C8B5

Honda Civic 10th gen My $5400 Copart  2019 civic si junk rescue 3127B855-F817-45E4-B5E3-42ABB6471282

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
First of all, great job on this! I commend you for taking the gamble on buying a wrecked car to restore like this one because you really don't know what you're getting yourself into until you start taking it apart. This was a great find!

You asked what you think is a fair price to sell it for and I was curious too so I looked around at what's currently out there. On car Guru's I'm seeing 2018 & 2019 Si's with Salvaged titles without any reported frame damage that have comparable mileage to yours going for $17,500-$19,000. I think a fair price for yours would be somewhere around $18,000 when everything is said and done, because you can get a used one without a salvage title any more than that. There is potential to make some serious profit on this! On the other hand, if you wanted to sell it quick just to make a fast return you can get a buyer tomorrow if you post it up for $15,000 or $16,000.

With that said, do you plan on selling it for a profit or intending on keeping it?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, great job on this! I commend you for taking the gamble on buying a wrecked car to restore like this one because you really don't know what you're getting yourself into until you start taking it apart. This was a great find!

You asked what you think is a fair price to sell it for and I was curious too so I looked around at what's currently out there. On car Guru's I'm seeing 2018 & 2019 Si's with Salvaged titles without any reported frame damage that have comparable mileage to yours going for $17,500-$19,000. I think a fair price for yours would be somewhere around $18,000 when everything is said and done, because you can get a used one without a salvage title any more than that. There is potential to make some serious profit on this! On the other hand, if you wanted to sell it quick just to make a fast return you can get a buyer tomorrow if you post it up for $15,000 or $16,000.

With that said, do you plan on selling it for a profit or intending on keeping it?
Pretty sure OP is keeping the car, since he's modding it now ?

OP
OP
Jtbuilds

Jtbuilds

JT 2019 civic si
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Im thinking of selling in a few weeks and just wanting to make it look good before i do.

Other than styling. I have already removed the Boomba BOV and will restore to factury tune before selling.

For now i will enjoy this build until i find a new project.

I think Civic type R would make me want to sell this bad boy, We shall see what is available in a few weeks.

I appreciate everyone tips! If anyone is truly interested please feel free to contact me.

I plan to make a video of all true cost and links to every part.

Maybe a guide for anyone to do the same as i did.

Last edited: