Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe I didnt pay enough attention, but how’d you do the red striping on the side mirrors?
That's the 1/8" pinstripe from O'Reilly's. It fit perfectly in the gap between the cover and front part. I used an Exacto knife to trim it to match. So far it has held well.
Sponsored

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
That's the 1/8" pinstripe from O'Reilly's. It fit perfectly in the gap between the cover and front part. I used an Exacto knife to trim it to match. So far it has held well.
Thanks. I might have to go get some of that. Been trying to find simple ways to add some red accents

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Another busy Sunday with the Civic. Woke up early and got the fog lights replaced with the TECHMAX LEDs I got on Amazon. They scored well as fog lights on BulbFacts, and they seem to be very bright.

I took the fog light covers off so that I could apply the yellow bio-hex fog light vinyl I bought from JetsVinyl. I'm not happy with how that turned out at all as I have visible wrinkles and creases. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to lay right (I'm sure it was my technique). Thinking I may just go to a tint shop in the spring or grab the Lamin-X covers and try those instead. The yellow doesn't really tint the light output as much as I'd like.

While I had the fog light covers off, I replaced the stock Honda horn with the Wolo upgrade from College Hills Honda. The horn is a tight fit, but I was able to make it work by undoing the intercooling piping so that I could get a socket on the horn mounting bolts. The Wolo sounds way better than the stock horn.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_11102021_082154_(1280_x_960_pixel)

I also completed the rear speaker install on Friday, and did the driver's door with the Rockford Fosgate components Sunday night. The rear speakers were pretty easy once I got the right mounting hardware (supplied screws were too deep for the aftermarket speaker rings). The front doors are proving to be a pain because the basket of the RF speaker is too deep to fit in the door opening. I had to space the speaker out further with some foam tape, which then caused clearance issues with the door trim panel. Once I trimmed out some of the plastic ring surrounding the speaker opening in the door trim panel, everything fit together. I had ordered the Honda OEM tweeter garnishes and they fit the RF tweeters with only a little modification to the RF mounting hardware.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_11102021_082032_(1280_x_960_pixel)

Finished off the weekend with a wash and wax, and then applied the smoked bio-hex reverse light tint. I really like the look, much more so than the plain smoke I had on earlier.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_11102021_081939_(1280_x_960_pixel)

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Already reaching an impasse with what I want to do with the Sport Hatch...

I did a few minutes of equalizer tweaking yesterday and have the new sound system dialed in perfectly for my ears. I think it's the best sounding car audio system I've ever heard at this point of my life. There is just enough bass, and the clarity from the RF components in the front is amazing.

I've been running TSP on MAP 2 non-eco mode consistently for the past few weeks. It's the perfect daily driver MAP. Zippy and responsive. I'm still getting 33-34 MPG also. I told my wife this car is really the perfect daily driver and it has just enough performance to be fun when I want it to be.

I had ordered a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar that I will now be returning. The more reading I've done around the forums had me a little concerned about oversteer, especially since I deal with wet/slippery road conditions. The Whiteline would have been significantly stiffer than the stock 16.5mm bar on the hatchback. As recommended around the forums by @gtman, I instead just placed an order for an SI sway bar. The SI should be a much less severe change to the handling characteristics of the car. I also ordered a set of SI springs, which are stiffer with only a minimal 10mm drop. I'm hoping those two things, combined with the HASport motor mount will make the ride just a touch firmer.

Realistically, I'm never going to track this car. The only road track within an hour of me requires a significant investment in lessons before getting out there, and I have other hobbies that are more important to me than tracking a car.

Being a hatchback, I still have some concerns about pushing too far. I don't need the extra horsepower for a DD. I think an intercooler is something I still want to do, but now I'm debating about a down pipe/front pipe just being a little too much. We'll see what the spring brings.

I do know I want a little more sound out of my car. I'm hoping the 27won CAI helps with that slightly. Originally, I planned on the DP/FP adding some sound, but if I don't go that route I may need to look into an aftermarket exhaust or something like a resonator delete.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Already reaching an impasse with what I want to do with the Sport Hatch...

I did a few minutes of equalizer tweaking yesterday and have the new sound system dialed in perfectly for my ears. I think it's the best sounding car audio system I've ever heard at this point of my life. There is just enough bass, and the clarity from the RF components in the front is amazing.

I've been running TSP on MAP 2 non-eco mode consistently for the past few weeks. It's the perfect daily driver MAP. Zippy and responsive. I'm still getting 33-34 MPG also. I told my wife this car is really the perfect daily driver and it has just enough performance to be fun when I want it to be.

I had ordered a Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar that I will now be returning. The more reading I've done around the forums had me a little concerned about oversteer, especially since I deal with wet/slippery road conditions. The Whiteline would have been significantly stiffer than the stock 16.5mm bar on the hatchback. As recommended around the forums by @gtman, I instead just placed an order for an SI sway bar. The SI should be a much less severe change to the handling characteristics of the car. I also ordered a set of SI springs, which are stiffer with only a minimal 10mm drop. I'm hoping those two things, combined with the HASport motor mount will make the ride just a touch firmer.

Realistically, I'm never going to track this car. The only road track within an hour of me requires a significant investment in lessons before getting out there, and I have other hobbies that are more important to me than tracking a car.

Being a hatchback, I still have some concerns about pushing too far. I don't need the extra horsepower for a DD. I think an intercooler is something I still want to do, but now I'm debating about a down pipe/front pipe just being a little too much. We'll see what the spring brings.

I do know I want a little more sound out of my car. I'm hoping the 27won CAI helps with that slightly. Originally, I planned on the DP/FP adding some sound, but if I don't go that route I may need to look into an aftermarket exhaust or something like a resonator delete.
To be honest, the Whiteline 22mm RSB isn't that hairy at all if you understand brake balance, and have your line right :)

I've experienced oversteer in both my Si and CTR, in both it was a combination of cold rear tires plus quick weight transfer. Neither time was scary, you can counter steer easily out of it. It also didn't happen whilst driving like a saint, one really bhas to be pushing it

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
To be honest, the Whiteline 22mm RSB isn't that hairy at all if you understand brake balance, and have your line right :)

I've experienced oversteer in both my Si and CTR, in both it was a combination of cold rear tires plus quick weight transfer. Neither time was scary, you can counter steer easily out of it. It also didn't happen whilst driving like a saint, one really bhas to be pushing it
I appreciate the input. I understand I'm now back on the ultra-conservative side of things with the Si bar and springs (which are currently backordered and probably won't be here or installed until spring). But the more I read and thought about what my goals were for the car, the less the Whiteline seemed like the best option for me. As it stands, my goal is to keep the hatch more "sleeper stock" and in my flurry of purchasing I had started to stray toward something other than that.

I'm really loving the cosmetic exterior mods I've made. They set the car apart from the other Civics I've seen around here. I can't wait to get your side markers when they start shipping! The audio system is great. The remaining parts I currently have on order/to install reflect more of what I want this build to be - a daily driver with some small tweaks to improve the drivability (Type-R shifter, Acuity parts, Si suspension parts), exhaust sound (27won intake, maybe more here...) and performance (TSP/KTuner).

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After a few revisions to how I wanted to wire it up, the ambient foot well lighting is complete.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_18102021_073617_(1280_x_960_pixel)

I used two of these from SuperBrightLEDS.com, held up with some Velcro strips on the very top of the side kick panels since the included adhesive tape wouldn't stick well. The picture makes it look brighter than it is - just the right amount of light to look nice but not be distracting.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build 1634557136757

I used a six-pin connector from CorsoMotion.com and an inline fuse to hook the wiring in similar to how the OEM ambient lighting kit would be done. They turn on whenever the headlights are on.

I also finally ordered the 3/4" expandable wire loom from Amazon (AlexTech branded) to wrap the Mishimoto oil catch can lines so that they are protected. Turned out well.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_18102021_073637_(1280_x_960_pixel)

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There are worse ways to spend $5.99...

Not that anyone but myself ever fills the tank, but now it at least looks the part.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_24102021_113912_(1280_x_960_pixel)

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Busy couple of days. I took Friday off of work to get a lot of car items off the to do list. I've put about 18 hours worth of work into the car since last Wednesday, with the majority coming Friday (10 hours).

Laundry list of things accomplished since Wednesday, mostly in order:
  • Installed NGK HX Ruthenium Spark Plugs
  • Installed MSD Blaster Ignition Coils
  • Tire Rotation
  • Installed HASport Rear Motor Mount
  • Installed CTR Subframe Brace
  • Changed Oil and Filter (Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20, FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG7317)
  • Changed MTF Fluid (AC Delco Friction Modified Synchromesh)
  • Installed Acuity Shifter Bushings
  • Installed 27won Cold Air Intake
  • Installed Mishimoto Black Intercooler
  • Installed FKX Racing High-Flow Grille
  • Removed Jet's Vinyl Foglight Overlays and Replaced with Lamin-X Overlays
  • Installed BADANNLV Aluminum Skid Plate
  • Washed / Spray Wax
  • Installed Unity Performance LED Sidemarkers
  • Installed Jet's Vinyl Sidemarker Overlays
That list pretty much completes everything I wanted to get done on the car before winter. Overall, the entire process went pretty smooth. I took my time and was careful when it came to doing things like removing the bumper. Unfortunately sheared one of the stock intake bolts that was needed for the 27won intake (damn torque wrench is broken) but there were two bolts to choose from so that ended up being OK.

Worst part of the whole process was getting the plastic splash guard back on. I found that if I did the four 10mm bolts near the center of the vehicle first, that helped to get everything aligned and give some structure to make the push clips easier to do.

So far, so good. I've taken the car out for a few fun drives and it's a blast to be in the driver's seat. Lots of power, great handling and the shifting feels even better than I had it prior with the CTR shifter and upgrades. I think the combination of the bushings and the AC Delco fluid really did the trick. No looseness, no lockout and very smooth shifts.

The 27won intake is nice and loud when you want it to be, but very street friendly. The HASport mount is barely noticeable anywhere but at takeoff, and I'm hoping that will break in some. It has really cleaned up the sloppiness between first and second gear especially. My IATs looked great with the Mishimoto intercooler, about 10 degrees above ambient and IAT1/IAT2 were within a degree or two of each other.

Fuel trims appear to be OK (running just slightly lean at times, +1-+3), I datalogged with KTuner but won't be able to look at it until Monday.

Fitment on the grille is pretty spot on. There is one spot of clear coat that's a little messed up, but I think some polish will take care of it. Biggest downside of taking off the bumper is that I discovered a big spot of chipping/peeling paint near the passenger side marker. I touched it up, but at some point a new bumper might be in order. The driver's side isn't perfectly lined up anymore since that idiot backed into me a few weeks ago.

Unapologetic photo dump follows...

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212601_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212542_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212528_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212515_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212808_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212503_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212452_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212420_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212434_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212354_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212411_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212332_(1280_x_960_pixel)

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_212319_(1280_x_960_pixel)
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2019 Sport Hatchback Build IMG_30102021_213046_(1280_x_960_pixel)

Last edited:

ColeVanD

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport (Sold) 2020 BMW M340i
Country flag
Is it possible at all to install the 27won intake without lifting the car and removing the entire undertray?

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is it possible at all to install the 27won intake without lifting the car and removing the entire undertray?
I think (but am not certain since I had removed the whole under tray) you might be able to just remove the aluminum skid plate and take just the front driver corner of the under tray loose. Steps 11 and 12 of the intake installation are going to be the problematic spots if the under tray is still on the car. There are three 10mm bolts that need to be removed from the stock setup.

For what it's worth, I removed the under tray while the car was only on four jack stands at their lowest setting. It was tight, but with a creeper I was able to roll under the car and detach all of the clips.

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Fantastic build. Got a question about those Unity side markers. How did you get your hands on a pair, Ive been checking periodically and I cant seem to find them in stock?

OP
OP
2019SportHatch
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Fantastic build. Got a question about those Unity side markers. How did you get your hands on a pair, Ive been checking periodically and I cant seem to find them in stock?
They were taking pre-orders a while ago (and looks like they may still be). I had to wait about a month for mine to ship.

Really simple install and they look great.

Alex O

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
They were taking pre-orders a while ago (and looks like they may still be). I had to wait about a month for mine to ship.

Really simple install and they look great.
Yeah they look real nice. I have generic smoked side markers from amazon but the Unity ones look so good.
Sponsored