My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP

loutamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I got the middle grade tint, LLumar CTX, a ceramic tint. Total was around 500, granted I also tinted the front windshield, which was around 200. So if you're just looking at tinting 5 windows, probably be around 300, don't quote me on it though because prices may have changed since, especially how difficult the hatch window is.
I called the lady at Costa Mesa quoted me for 375 for Ceramic... I thought that's pretty good without removing back spoiler and you mentioned before that they bought back window... It makes me feel good that they don't have to remove mine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I got mine done here http://www.acutintpro.com/ in upland $255 he had to remove my rear spoiler came out damn good.
I'd always feel wary of them removing the rear spoiler. Will never be like factory after. Can't guarantee it was torqued back to spec.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
my tint was free from the dealer but they use independent contractors
his work was a tad sloppy.

I complained and they gave me a check for $180 to have it redone

I just kept what they did and cashed the check

RandalChan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I got the middle grade tint, LLumar CTX, a ceramic tint. Total was around 500, granted I also tinted the front windshield, which was around 200. So if you're just looking at tinting 5 windows, probably be around 300, don't quote me on it though because prices may have changed since, especially how difficult the hatch window is.
What percentage did you do??

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd always feel wary of them removing the rear spoiler. Will never be like factory after. Can't guarantee it was torqued back to spec.
I was weary about a tint shop removing parts to get the hatch tinted as well. So I held off, but thanks to your first post I decided to hit up Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa as well.

Had my appointment today and I think it came out really good. Decided on Llumar CTX ceramic 30% fronts and 5% rears. Also paid the one time assurance fee for if/when i get a fix it ticket for the fronts or if i decide i want a different shade...they remove and reinstall without any added fees. Which living in Comyfornia may come in handy...
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_0935.JPG

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was weary about a tint shop removing parts to get the hatch tinted as well. So I held off, but thanks to your first post I decided to hit up Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa as well.

Had my appointment today and I think it came out really good. Decided on Llumar CTX ceramic 30% fronts and 5% rears. Also paid the one time assurance fee for if/when i get a fix it ticket for the fronts or if i decide i want a different shade...they remove and reinstall without any added fees. Which living in Comyfornia may come in handy...
IMG_0935.JPG
Nice! After finding them about 6 years back or so, I only go to them for tinting even though it is ~40 miles one way for me.

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! After finding them about 6 years back or so, I only go to them for tinting even though it is ~40 miles one way for me.
yeah I'll definitely go back for future cars even if it's quite a distance from me too

17civichatch

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I'm gonna be on hiatus with the mods for now. Looking to do some interior lighting/interior OEM accessories mods next, perhaps sometime in the summer. But here's the current list of mods:
-LED touring headlights (hardtopguy.com)
-OSRAM fog breaker fog lights 2600k
-MDX dual horn upgrade (hardtopguy.com)
-Clear side markers (ebay)
-LED interior dome/map lights (194 I believe)
-Rallyarmor universal mudflaps
-3M 1080 series vinyl wrap for hood and spoiler
-Xpel Ultimate Paint protection film for full fenders, rear view mirrors, doorcups, door edges, door sills (Transhine, Whittier CA)
-Llumar film for tint. Llumar air 80 for front windshield, 30/15. (Signature Glass Tinting, Costa Mesa, CA. They actually purchased a hatchback rear windshield so they can do a perfect job in the rear glass without removing the spoilers, which is extremely difficult to tint).

As for performance mods, I think I'll hold off now until Mugen gets a hold of the civic when it's released in Japan after July 2017 (?).

IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2526.JPG
IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

Original Post:

So I'm opening up this thread for document my progress and mods on my Lunar Silver Metallic hatchback sport 6MT. Here's a few things that I'm planning on doing to the car:

-LED conversion for the interior lights
-Honda genuine accessories for foot well lights, door sill, and console lights
-Si or Type R shift boot
-LED fog lights
-upgraded horn
-LED headlight conversion to touring models
-autodimming rear view mirror
-clear side marker

What I may think about doing:
-aftermarket bumpers
-Drop the car a bit
-upgrade brakes?

Current additions to the car:
-All season floormats
-cargo tray
-wheel locks
-Rally Armor universal mud flaps
-30/15 tint. 80% Clear tint on windshield.
-Clear bra

As for the mods I'm for sure doing, in plan on doing certain ones that are in the same area at the same time because I'd hate to take things apart again. So it may take some time to acquire all the parts before I start doing the installs.

IMG_1727.JPG IMG_1776.JPG IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1779.JPG IMG_1780.JPG

How do you like the upgraded horn? I'm tired of the wimpy sounding horn.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright, so I finally got around installing the auto dimming mirror, the foot well lights, and the illuminated door sill. I'm not gonna do a whole write up of the process. Basically, follow the directions and you'll be fine. But there's a few things that I feel like didn't apply to my car, maybe because it's a hatch. But it's pretty much all the same. Most of the time is gonna be spent on removing stuff (I'm actually amazed how much things are held on with clips) and cable management. Installing the things are pretty much plug and play, super easy.

Here's just some progress photos:
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3255[1].JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3256[1].JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3257[1].JPG

After:
The red color is definitely off on the photo. Not how it looks like in real life.
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3259[1].JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3260[1].JPG

But the two most ridiculous things to remove are
1) The sun visor. OMG, that thing was a PITA to remove. Took me a few tries, and definitely broke out in sweat.
2) This hidden screw for the glove box...the directions didn't show that it was hidden here:
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_3258[1].JPG
only can get to it w/ a 8mm wrench.

Oh, and I have the cloth armrests and the original rear view mirror for sale if anyone is interested.

17civichatch

First Name
Arturo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Alright, so I finally got around installing the auto dimming mirror, the foot well lights, and the illuminated door sill. I'm not gonna do a whole write up of the process. Basically, follow the directions and you'll be fine. But there's a few things that I feel like didn't apply to my car, maybe because it's a hatch. But it's pretty much all the same. Most of the time is gonna be spent on removing stuff (I'm actually amazed how much things are held on with clips) and cable management. Installing the things are pretty much plug and play, super easy.

Here's just some progress photos:
IMG_3255[1].JPG IMG_3256[1].JPG IMG_3257[1].JPG

After:
The red color is definitely off on the photo. Not how it looks like in real life.
IMG_3259[1].JPG IMG_3260[1].JPG

But the two most ridiculous things to remove are
1) The sun visor. OMG, that thing was a PITA to remove. Took me a few tries, and definitely broke out in sweat.
2) This hidden screw for the glove box...the directions didn't show that it was hidden here:
IMG_3258[1].JPG
only can get to it w/ a 8mm wrench.

Oh, and I have the cloth armrests and the original rear view mirror for sale if anyone is interested.
What did you replace the cloth armrest with?
Sponsored