My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'm gonna be on hiatus with the mods for now. Looking to do some interior lighting/interior OEM accessories mods next, perhaps sometime in the summer. But here's the current list of mods:
-LED touring headlights (hardtopguy.com)
-OSRAM fog breaker fog lights 2600k
-MDX dual horn upgrade (hardtopguy.com)
-Clear side markers (ebay)
-LED interior dome/map lights (194 I believe)
-Rallyarmor universal mudflaps
-3M 1080 series vinyl wrap for hood and spoiler
-Xpel Ultimate Paint protection film for full fenders, rear view mirrors, doorcups, door edges, door sills (Transhine, Whittier CA)
-Llumar film for tint. Llumar air 80 for front windshield, 30/15. (Signature Glass Tinting, Costa Mesa, CA. They actually purchased a hatchback rear windshield so they can do a perfect job in the rear glass without removing the spoilers, which is extremely difficult to tint).

As for performance mods, I think I'll hold off now until Mugen gets a hold of the civic when it's released in Japan after July 2017 (?).

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2525.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2526.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2527.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2528.JPG

Original Post:

So I'm opening up this thread for document my progress and mods on my Lunar Silver Metallic hatchback sport 6MT. Here's a few things that I'm planning on doing to the car:

-LED conversion for the interior lights
-Honda genuine accessories for foot well lights, door sill, and console lights
-Si or Type R shift boot
-LED fog lights
-upgraded horn
-LED headlight conversion to touring models
-autodimming rear view mirror
-clear side marker

What I may think about doing:
-aftermarket bumpers
-Drop the car a bit
-upgrade brakes?

Current additions to the car:
-All season floormats
-cargo tray
-wheel locks
-Rally Armor universal mud flaps
-30/15 tint. 80% Clear tint on windshield.
-Clear bra

As for the mods I'm for sure doing, in plan on doing certain ones that are in the same area at the same time because I'd hate to take things apart again. So it may take some time to acquire all the parts before I start doing the installs.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1727.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1776.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1778.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1779.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1780.JPG

Last edited:

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Those mud flaps stick out about another 1/2" to 3/4" further than the Honda ones.

Nice looking in silver, tint looks good too.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those mud flaps stick out about another 1/2" to 3/4" further than the Honda ones.

Nice looking in silver, tint looks good too.
Yeah. Since the OEM splashguards don't work due to the sideskirts and lip, I had to go with these. It was sorta a PITA to measure and drill and then bolt on. I just really hate getting road gunk on the car.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Yeah. Since the OEM splashguards don't work due to the sideskirts and lip, I had to go with these. It was sorta a PITA to measure and drill and then bolt on. I just really hate getting road gunk on the car.
Gotta do what you gotta do, looks fine.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wrapped the front today. Not bad for a first timer I must say. I tried doing the roof, but as a one person job and an amature, there were bubbles everywhere. So I gave up. We'll see how long the one on the hood holds up. Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1789.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1791.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1796.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1801.JPG

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
That's looks pretty good! I'd like to try installing a clear paint protection film but that material is pricey... then again I could screw up 2 or 3 times and still be less than paying to have it installed.

iWantaHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ExlNavi,2016 PiloTouring
Wrapped the front today. Not bad for a first timer I must say. I tried doing the roof, but as a one person job and an amature, there were bubbles everywhere. So I gave up. We'll see how long the one on the hood holds up. IMG_1789.JPG IMG_1791.JPG IMG_1796.JPG IMG_1801.JPG
That looks really good, I like the Rally styled mud flaps too. Very clean

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks guys. Yeah, paint protection film is pretty pricey. I'm thinking once it's time to change the wrap, I'll clear bra the hood myself. Even though the material is pricier, seem to be easier to work with. I'm gonna attempt clear bra-ing the roof. Yes, chances of rocks hitting there are really low, I just don't wanna to deal w/ bird crap, tree sap, etc, and spending lots of time clay barring horizontal surfaces.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys. Yeah, paint protection film is pretty pricey. I'm thinking once it's time to change the wrap, I'll clear bra the hood myself. Even though the material is pricier, seem to be easier to work with. I'm gonna attempt clear bra-ing the roof. Yes, chances of rocks hitting there are really low, I just don't wanna to deal w/ bird crap, tree sap, etc, and spending lots of time clay barring horizontal surfaces.
dont underestimate rocks hitting your roof. had a dump truck drive past me last month, heard a loud clank hit my roof. then when i got home thats when i noticed a little rock chip on the roof o_O

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thing is beautiful man

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! A little update, got my interior lights changed out to LEDs. Man, these are bright. Photos are hard to see, but here are some. And these are pure white, non of that blue whiteish color going on.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1839.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1840.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_1843.JPG

link to the LEDs that I have:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZE1UT0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1DMDMQXPSM323
pretty satisfied, although one in the pack is sorta a dud. Kind of works, kind of doesn't. But for the price, I'm pretty happy about the purchase.
If time and weather permits tomorrow, I may clear bra the roof of the car.

RallyCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport 6MT Sonic Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Tint and RallyArmor are my first changes too, rock on! :headbang: Stay classy Mr Mugenkb1, car looks fantastic.

Found this nice instruction walk-through for installing Universal RallyArmor Flaps. I've installed these on my WRX but wanted some info on mounting the Universals.
http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice. As for mounting the universals, I just used the original screw points around the fenders and such. I did have to make a hole in the felt liner for the rears though. There aren't enough screw holes options for the rear, the front is more than adequate. I did see the instructions for the OEM splash guards, and you do need to drill a hole in the bumper to mount the rears.

Front end stuff next...waiting on parts to come. Osram fog breakers (decided to go the non-LED route..), clear side markers, MDX dual horn conversion, and the big one, LED touring headlights.

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Nice. As for mounting the universals, I just used the original screw points around the fenders and such. I did have to make a hole in the felt liner for the rears though. There aren't enough screw holes options for the rear, the front is more than adequate. I did see the instructions for the OEM splash guards, and you do need to drill a hole in the bumper to mount the rears.

Front end stuff next...waiting on parts to come. Osram fog breakers (decided to go the non-LED route..), clear side markers, MDX dual horn conversion, and the big one, LED touring headlights.
what kind of fog lights are those?
Sponsored