My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is the material flexible rubber polyurethane or hard plastic?
hard plastic but it still bends if you scrape or something. But driving they won't move
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
let me know if you find out this kid doesn't want to help or show his rear points
Woah, Woah woah dude, who you calling kid? I'm older than your skinny white ass. Chill out dude. I'm sorry, do you work 6 days a week? Just because I don't check here that often doesn't mean I'm not here to help. If I weren't I wouldn't even be making this thread. Don't sound like an entitled little bitch.

link to where to got your mudflaps?
https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...bas-blk-rally-armor-basic-universal-mud-flaps

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm curious too about the mud flap installation especially the rear, did you just use the two fender screws to attach the mud flaps or did you drill additional holes?
I used the fender holes (actually I think there's just one, maybe there's two, I forget), and I made a hole in the inner felt area, and screwed it in with a bolt, washer and nut.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2522.JPG Got my rear windshield retinted today. The last tint job wasn't good because apparently the rear glass is hard since the spoiler is in the way for them to shrink it and stuff on the outside (?). So it had a bubble and fingering around the edges. I went to Signature Glass tinting in Costa Mesa, CA to get it done. They do computer cut templates, and what's awesome is that they purchased a rear glass for the hatchback so they can do most of their work on there, and then install it in the car. I recall seeing a post on this forum where their tint guys took off the rear spoilers to do the tint in their hatchback. I don't know about you, but I don't trust anyone removing factory installed body parts. It'll never go back on like factory. I'm glad to report there's no more fingering around the edges and looks awesome. Of course, it needs a few days for the moisture to fully evaporate but I'm extremely happy with their job.

RandalChan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
What did you do to get rid of the chrome trim on your windows? They dipped or bought??

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Woah, Woah woah dude, who you calling kid? I'm older than your skinny white ass. Chill out dude. I'm sorry, do you work 6 days a week? Just because I don't check here that often doesn't mean I'm not here to help. If I weren't I wouldn't even be making this thread. Don't sound like an entitled little bitch.

I actually worked 2 jobs and 7 days a week for a year until I was on the verge of losing my mind, age means nothing. It just took a while for your response. Talking trash on the internet shows how mature you are
Have you had any issues while driving if they become loose or whatnot ?

I bought my flaps last week haven't gotten around to the install yet

did you use stock snaps

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...bas-blk-rally-armor-basic-universal-mud-flaps

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you know that it's normal for one to take a while to respond since life takes over. So your comment initially was uncalled for, you're the one who started the antagonistic response when I didn't reply to you right away, you're the one who brought the whole age thing up. I'm not the type that's gonna stand idle and take it.

Anyway, no I haven't had a problem with them flying off. And yes I used the stock screw holes (not sure what you mean by snaps). As for the rear you can reinforce it by drilling as many or as few drill points on the felt fender liner. Or even in the bumper if you so desire.

Carabao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 2017
Vehicle Showcase
So you know that it's normal for one to take a while to respond since life takes over. So your comment initially was uncalled for, you're the one who started the antagonistic response when I didn't reply to you right away, you're the one who brought the whole age thing up. I'm not the type that's gonna stand idle and take it.

Anyway, no I haven't had a problem with them flying off. And yes I used the stock screw holes (not sure what you mean by snaps). As for the rear you can reinforce it by drilling as many or as few drill points on the felt fender liner. Or even in the bumper if you so desire.
Hi Mugenkb1,

If you have a chance, can you take a pic of one of rear mud flap to see how you been able to figure out the bolts location?

I'm looking at mine and I see only one OEM screm/bolt hole that is quite low and one under. Can't figure out the rear installation yet!

Would be appreciated!

Cheers

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi Mugenkb1,

If you have a chance, can you take a pic of one of rear mud flap to see how you been able to figure out the bolts location?

I'm looking at mine and I see only one OEM screm/bolt hole that is quite low and one under. Can't figure out the rear installation yet!

Would be appreciated!

Cheers
Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback sport 6MT LSM WIP IMG_2499.JPG
I added one bolt, you can add as many as you like.

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I ended up mounting all of mine in the front with the stock screw points easy,

the back ones I did drill a hole in the felt and also an additional hole in my bumper right behind the wheel

it didn't crack at all and I was actually impressed it all worked out smoothly

pics will follow, I also got the good quality flaps

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
IMG_2522.JPG Got my rear windshield retinted today. The last tint job wasn't good because apparently the rear glass is hard since the spoiler is in the way for them to shrink it and stuff on the outside (?). So it had a bubble and fingering around the edges. I went to Signature Glass tinting in Costa Mesa, CA to get it done. They do computer cut templates, and what's awesome is that they purchased a rear glass for the hatchback so they can do most of their work on there, and then install it in the car. I recall seeing a post on this forum where their tint guys took off the rear spoilers to do the tint in their hatchback. I don't know about you, but I don't trust anyone removing factory installed body parts. It'll never go back on like factory. I'm glad to report there's no more fingering around the edges and looks awesome. Of course, it needs a few days for the moisture to fully evaporate but I'm extremely happy with their job.
How is your tint holding up after about 2 months? I need to tint my hatch but i dont want minimum wage employees tearing apart my car.

loutamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
IMG_2522.JPG Got my rear windshield retinted today. The last tint job wasn't good because apparently the rear glass is hard since the spoiler is in the way for them to shrink it and stuff on the outside (?). So it had a bubble and fingering around the edges. I went to Signature Glass tinting in Costa Mesa, CA to get it done. They do computer cut templates, and what's awesome is that they purchased a rear glass for the hatchback so they can do most of their work on there, and then install it in the car. I recall seeing a post on this forum where their tint guys took off the rear spoilers to do the tint in their hatchback. I don't know about you, but I don't trust anyone removing factory installed body parts. It'll never go back on like factory. I'm glad to report there's no more fingering around the edges and looks awesome. Of course, it needs a few days for the moisture to fully evaporate but I'm extremely happy with their job.

How much the tint set you back? I want the tint, but no clues how much it cost with quality tint?

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How is your tint holding up after about 2 months? I need to tint my hatch but i dont want minimum wage employees tearing apart my car.
Great! They stand by their work, and they're definitely not minimum wage employees, they know their stuff.

OP
OP
Mugenkb1

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much the tint set you back? I want the tint, but no clues how much it cost with quality tint?
I got the middle grade tint, LLumar CTX, a ceramic tint. Total was around 500, granted I also tinted the front windshield, which was around 200. So if you're just looking at tinting 5 windows, probably be around 300, don't quote me on it though because prices may have changed since, especially how difficult the hatch window is.
Sponsored