My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a similar issue but it is under the left vent, i put a card between the vent and the silver trim and it stopped. I will ask the guys to remove the trim and add some foam at the next oil change, next month. I have had these problems on all my previous cars so it doesn't bother me too much.
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicSguy

Feel free to close this account.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport SOLD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing happening to mine! Quite annoying and you hit the nail right on the head when you said it only happens when you first accelerate. I didn't know where it was coming from. At first I thought it was in the dash behind the head unit, then I thought it was in the steering column. I will try to check that A pillar base and see if that's where it's coming from. Thank you.
:) I hope you get it figured out!

compcrasher86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2001 BMW 330i 5spd, 1997 Mazda Miata 5spd
Country flag
Noticing the same with my 2017 Hatch. It happens only below 30* and only for 1-2 minutes after a cold start. Once the cabin warms up its gone. Heres a video I took, bumping the left vent area with a closed fist seemed to trigger it:

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 16 touring has this buzzing/rattle. Very disappointing that Hondas quality in their new cars are so poor. I have so many rattles it's pathetic. I told the dealer about it and they said they won't take the dash apart to find it.
Oh well.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would describe it like whack-a-mole. When the dealer fixes one issue, another one pops up. The dealer made progress, but all issues are not fully solved.

the issue in the video above was the shifter cable. I have had a few others like sunroof vent tube, random plastic panels under the dash, and others..
Really sucks man. I remember from a few other post that you have so many rattles like I do. I have 7 that I know or have a general idea where it is coming from. And then there's a couple idk where it's coming from. I've come to terms that Honda isn't the company for me. Was going to trade this in for a 2018 accord coupe but don't want to chance it and have another horrible rattle box.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noticing the same with my 2017 Hatch. It happens only below 30* and only for 1-2 minutes after a cold start. Once the cabin warms up its gone. Heres a video I took, bumping the left vent area with a closed fist seemed to trigger it:
I have exactly the same problem! I took apart half of the dash, put suff in all the gaps, every time i do something it seems gone but it comes back soon after, revealing another possible cause. Fortunately spring is coming:drool:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's always the first year of any car that has the most problems as things get ironed out. I'm not surprised to read this.

compcrasher86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2001 BMW 330i 5spd, 1997 Mazda Miata 5spd
Country flag
I figured I'd be safer with the sedan being out for a year but alas here I am. If anybody hears of a TSB for this rattle let us know. It's tough to diagnose because it goes away when the cars been on for a couple minutes or when it's over 40* outside.

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This rattle occurs in my 17 Hatch sport. It is very intermittent; some days it will rattle, other days it will not. I know the day I decide to take it to the dealer, it will not rattle. When it is time to go in for an oil change, I am going to mention this. It is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else had luck in taking theirs to the dealer?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I just heard mine doing this yesterday from the same area. It sounds like a faint ticking noise, very annoying.

Is this what yours sounded like also? It only happens when I'm driving, over slight bumps.
mine was the exact same as the video. it was a vibration related to engine rpm, not road bumps.

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
I've heard this is an issue on some of the 2017 Hatchbacks for the early batch released.
Take it back to your dealership and have them address this.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
SOLVED, for now.

Hi All,

I know there are a few other threads about this, but I didn't want to highjack anyone. I will post any and all updates here. I hope this helps some one else.

Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport. Brand new. 410 miles on it.
Symptom: Dash rattle. There is a dash rattle when the vehicle is first started after it has cooled down. The rattle seems more noticeable at ~1800 rpms. It seems to come from the left dash air vent.

Steps taken to Diagnose Issue:

2-19-2017
I can push down the left vent and it stops. I removed the left vent cover. It still rattles. I tried pushing down on various areas such as the duct and hump on the dash in front of the driver. It helps intermittently. I put the vent back on and the right side started to rattle and then stopped.

2-20-2017
I dropped the vehicle off at the dealership. Showed them the video and told the service advisor what I did. He didn't write none of it down.... I called back again to reminded him that it happens at ~1800 rpm's to TRY to make sure my car isn't hot rodded. It should never leave the lot... I am curious to how many miles they tack on.

2-21-2017
Dealer called. They are not able to replicate the noise. But they tacked on 40 miles, even though I told them it only does it when you first pull out when it is cold... Now, I have to go up there tomorrow morning and replicate the noise.

2-21-2017 Evening
I called Honda Corp and opened a case.

2-22-2017
I drove the car with a lead tech. It made the noise, finally... Long story short, I believe he found and fixed the issue. It was the driver's side "A" pillar. It was vibrating at the bottom against the dash. He added some of their foam tape to fix it. So far, so good. I will post any future updates, though I hope I won't have any! :)

I have the same issue with the rattle noise. It does only seem to rattle when it's cold..I have an appointment with the Honda dealership to have it looked at...
2017 Hatchback sport

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fixed mine 100% with the namecard between the dash and pillar. Try before spending hours at the dealership!

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
I fixed mine 100% with the namecard between the dash and pillar. Try before spending hours at the dealership!
Would you care to show me a pic of where exactly you stuck the business card? Thanks brother
Sponsored