My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Same rattle in my driverside A pillar as well. Foam tape fixed the issue. Though, I am getting a rattle from the driver seat belt height adjuster area as well. That whole assembly was replaced. Any ideas??? It drives me crazy as it is right in my ear when driving.
I have that same driver's side seat belt adjuster buzz. For mine I noticed if I roll the window down it immediately stops and resumes when rolled up again. It's super annoying
Sponsored

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I have that same driver's side seat belt adjuster buzz. For mine I noticed if I roll the window down it immediately stops and resumes when rolled up again. It's super annoying
It's exactly the same problem I have

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I have appointment Wednesday. They ordered a new headliner and driver visor. Rattle behind the dash I had to record, will replay for them on my appointment. That rattle has got to go.

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
2018 Si with 500 miles There's some rattle/hizzing noise on rougher roads from the passenger door area. Took into dealership and they said they couldn't hear it. Taking it again, because it's driving me nuts. Car rattles is one thing that annoys the heck out of me.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was in my speaker on the dash started 2 days after I bought it. Luckily my other half figured out where it was coming from lol -not me - and the dealership took care of it. It made me crazy.

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They gave me a loaner for 7 days. 2018 Accord sport so I couldn't complain. They replace the roof liner and pulled the center console. Rattle in roof and behind nav are gone. So happy. While they had it they replaced all the black shiny exterior door trim that started bubbling up.

sixhundredcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic hatchback
Country flag
They gave me a loaner for 7 days. 2018 Accord sport so I couldn't complain. They replace the roof liner and pulled the center console. Rattle in roof and behind nav are gone. So happy. While they had it they replaced all the black shiny exterior door trim that started bubbling up.
What was the source of the rattle behind the nav?

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like... the candy?
Right?! That is what I said. But then I did realize I had a can of Altoids under there. LMBO! We will see but that part I think is crap. I picked it up yesterday and thus far every thing is quiet.

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
After 2 trips and the Honda tech not being able to figure out what the issue was I got irritated and took the B pillar trim off myself and figured out it was the whole seat belt mechanism Something inside where the seat belt rolls in to was loose. They had to order a new seat belt and now the noise is gone. I'm pretty dissapointed that techs couldn't figure it out and also very dissapointed with the quality and the amount of rattles this car has. I'm only at 1600 miles and I'm already looking what other car I want, instead of enjoying the car.

Last edited:

civicdota

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Sedan
Country flag
After 2 trips and the Honda te ha not being able to figure out what the issue was I got irritated and took the B pillar trim off myself and figured out it was the whole seat belt mechanism Something inside where the seat belt rolls in to was loose. They had to order a new seat belt and now the noise is gone. I'm pretty dissapointed that techs couldn't figure it out and also very dissapointed with the quality and the amount of rattles this car has. I'm only at 1600 miles and I'm already looking what other car I want, instead of enjoying the car.
How do you remove the B pillar?

Azjose86

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
How do you remove the B pillar?
It's actual really simple. You only need a 14mm wrench to remove the bolt hold the seat belt Besides that everything else is just put together by tabs. Remove you're weather strip by just pulling down on it. If you have a 4 door you will need to remove the back door one too. And not remove completely, just what is touching the B pillar. Then you'll see the tabs that were holding by the weather strip. And from there, really you just pull them off. Really nothing you can break, just also don't be a mad man and yank on stuff like crazy.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
3 month old Si and starting to get the rattle. It's annoying af. It's not the bass thankfully.
Sponsored