IamMitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
I hate the dash rattle, I have 21 hatch and i swear to christ everything rattles in this car. I get the dash one everytime i drive after the car has been in the sun all day after i leave work and in the morning it rattles above where my seatbelt starts on the driver side and nothing can fix it
Sponsored

Theo74

First Name
Mariusz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 Turbo Sport version
Country flag
I have found new rattle source.
Rotational button (knob) on the speedometer. It can touch the plastic glass and create the rattle noise.
The problem can be easily solved by adding the rubber ring. On the picture below the ring is already on the place.

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2017 Hatchback Dash Rattle Thread 20210710_151607 (002)

Last edited:

Leaux

First Name
Leaux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
SAME PROBLEM FROM DAY ONE

I wish I saw this thread MUCH earlier! I’ve had the same buzzing noise at the center of the dash at the windshield. This happens between 1,250-2,000 rpm when the car is cold or is started after sitting for a while. I’ve had five trips to my dealer with no luck. After the fourth time, I filed a complaint with my State’s AG office who got Honda of NA involved.

Their regional tech spend days on it and today 10/15, it happened again. Fortunately, my dash cam picked up the noise and I recorded it on my cellphone too. I plan on showing this to Honda NA

If you’re following this thread, please let me know if the buzzing is resolved or you’re living with it.

As for me, I still have recourse through the AG’s office. It would be silly for Honda to buy the car back, but this appears to be a systemic issue with the 10th Generation that they have never resolved. Too bad.
Sponsored