First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's up my dudes and fair ladies of Honda Heaven.

I bought a 3rd car. 2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible. Black Accent package. Strut tower. After market brakes and cold air intake. It ROARS. It's everything I've wanted for a fun car. (I'm a wanna be car guy with babies (busy) and can't wrench beyond an oil or lightbulb change)

She's a menacing beautiful girl but she's not my civic! Everything is an unwieldy boat compared to my SGP 2017 EX-L hatch. Going around corners, I check my mirrors on my wife's ford Edge to make sure I'm going wide enough. Like I've got a trailer on it. I'm a nut about being small, planted and quick.

So now I've got a truck sized engine in a heavy boat of a Stang. I can HAUL it around corners and certainly TELEPORT away from my Turbo lagging CVT in 1st gear but.....

My mistress is not my civic. I'm saying we have (yes even us MPG CVT loving sensible Dads getting hatchfulls of diapers and bags mulch) just the greatest car there is. We rotate around corners like spinning tops. We zip into parking spaces without squeezing. We sip gas. We have all the acceleration we need to jump through traffic. Visibility, station-wagon space (for my 95 lb Boxer dog) heated seats, and quiet cruising when we need it.

I'm sorry she's out in the Thunderstorms today. I lust my new monster but my civic will always be my first love. (A place even higher than my first car or my first new car)

Hope you enjoyed, fellow maniacs.

Honda Civic 10th gen My '17 hatch kicked out of the garage for a mustang 20210616_143923~2

Honda Civic 10th gen My '17 hatch kicked out of the garage for a mustang 20210616_144418~2

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
They couldn't find a better place for the coolant tank?

jabberwocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla/Pilot/Tacoma
Ha nice post, pretty much nailed it smaller nimble car vs straight line power. Never seen the black package on a what looks to be a Kona blue vert, looks super cool.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
nice. i had a 16 gt fbo tuned. enjoyed the car but didnt enjoy all crap my friends talked to me about owning a mustang. unfortunately it was giving me reliability problems in transmission (mt82) and made some weird valvetrain noises when its was hot. so i sold it and got the type r.

anyways the aftermarket is insane and a e85 tune should be on the menu. AED, PBD or Lund will do.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They couldn't find a better place for the coolant tank?
also i think it should be a little bit bigger, we can still see the engine behind it.. ?
Nice car OP but the civic is cooler (j/k)

• Haha
Reactions: Phy

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
WE had a Mustang Convertible (turbo 4) last October on a Disney trip (for $40/day, thank you Covid!). I discovered Race mode on the last day, it was a lot of fun and made great sounds in Race mode. Yeah it's kinda big and very heavy, feels more speedboat than car.

I lust after a Mach 1 (preferably GT350 but don't really want to buy a used Voodoo motor).

Deleted member 51112

Nice ride man! Sold my FBO E85 tuned '18 GT last Summer. Last time out she ran an 11.15 @ 124 on front skinnies and M/T drag radial. Wish I hadn't convinced myself that Covid was gonna keep car shows shut down for years to come now that I have shots in my arm and car shows and tracks are back up and running again. I'll have another badass Stang again someday...till then I'll drive my slow Hatch around and be happy. Here's a video from right after the long tube's went on...
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: