OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Good Afternoon to all! Today's episode of Rick's Garage covers the removal of the OEM intercooler and charge piping, a quick comparison and the installation of the upgraded PRL intercooler and aluminum charge piping!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Good afternoon CivicX users! A new episode of Rick's Garage is now available!
Today's episode features the installation of the 27Won W1 turbocharger - a big upgrade for the 1.5L powerplant!
Enjoy and thanks for watching!!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello CivicX users! With everything going on, I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy. If you're cooped up at home bored with everything the internet has to offer, then do I have something for you!!
The newest episode of Rick's Garage is ready for your enjoyment!
Today's episode features the installation of @RV6 's catted DP/FP combo and @Magnaflow 's cat back exhaust system

Thanks for watching! If you like what you see, be sure to subscribe and tell a friend!

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How has the wilwood 6-piston brake kit worked out so far? Have you had a chance to really beat on it yet, or any plans for a track/HPDE outing in the future? That kit sure is a thing of beauty. But you are in rarified company, not many others have taken the 6-piston Wilwood plunge.

Also just wanted to mention that I really appreciate the install videos. Miss Vicky is getting quite the comprehensive makeover and the breadcrumbs you are leaving will be of great help to the community for a long time to come. Looking forward to following as everything comes together!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
How has the wilwood 6-piston brake kit worked out so far? Have you had a chance to really beat on it yet, or any plans for a track/HPDE outing in the future? That kit sure is a thing of beauty. But you are in rarified company, not many others have taken the 6-piston Wilwood plunge.

Also just wanted to mention that I really appreciate the install videos. Miss Vicky is getting quite the comprehensive makeover and the breadcrumbs you are leaving will be of great help to the community for a long time to come. Looking forward to following as everything comes together!
Thank you very much for your kind words - the makeover is extremely exciting work and the videos are a task at times, but I'm glad that they've being found to be helpful.

The 6 piston kit is fantastic! I havent had Miss Vicky on an official track surface - yet - but there are definite plans to do so.
That being said, I have given the brakes a warm-up and a bit of a workout several times so far and it certainly does not disappoint!
The trade off is a little more noise and pedal vibration with daily driving, but I would imagine any drilled/slotted rotor would be similar.

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Excellent news everyone! Miss Vicky is back in the garage! After finishing up Phase 2 with the new exhaust install, she was bundled up and sent to the speed shop for a new tune. She's returned from the tuner with a fresh new attitude and some hp and tq numbers!

If you enjoy the content, be sure to like, sub and tell a friend!

Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello everyone!
After a small break (when the garage got converted into a spraybooth for a kitchen reno) The newest episode of Rick's Garage is available on YouTube!
This episode covers the removal of Miss Vicky's front bumper - which was necessary to gain access to the OEM intercooler and lower sections of the charge piping.
With the bumper removed, it's also the perfect time to install the tinted LED marker lights I bought from EBay!
Join me as Phase 3 of Miss Vicky's upgrades begin!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello Everyone!
The next episode of Rick's Garage is available for viewing on YouTube!
Phase three keeps on rolling with the install of a new honeycomb grille and the red chin spoiler from my HFP kit.
Hope you find it helpful if you're installing your own and as always - thanks for watching!

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello Everyone!
The next episode of Rick's Garage is available for viewing on YouTube!
Phase three keeps on rolling with the install of a new honeycomb grille and the red chin spoiler from my HFP kit.
Hope you find it helpful if you're installing your own and as always - thanks for watching!

Nice build! We have the same grille and emblems and i've been eyeing the Honda factory red front lip but still keep going back to wanting either the Bayson R or abs dynamics lip. Can't decide if I want to go with a carbon fiber red pinstripe look or just stick with gloss black as they both look pretty good on our white paint.

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello Everyone!!
A little bit of a departure from the "regular" build - I've been seeing lots of pages and posts about winter time accidents and guys getting dumped on by mother nature, so I decided to make a quick vid on how to swap over your winter wheels. Hope you find it helpful (or at least entertaining).
As always, thanks for watching!!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello all!
A quick update - I finally got around to making a sound clip video of the new RV6/magnaflow exhaust combo on Miss Vicky! A cold start, warm-up and a couple of throttle blips once warm.
I think the mic captures the tone nicely!
Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello Everyone!!

Not really part of the original "build" but something I wanted share regardless.

This has been quite the experience with this aftermarket clutch!
First, the high-rev lockout problem that required a new clutch master cylinder - now this!!

Shortly after the break-in was completed on the new clutch, it began to make a very strange sound.

For those unfamiliar with this ordeal, this video explores my dealings with Spec, Two Step Performance and finally sheds light on what was causing that horrible noise.

Enjoy and thanks for watching!!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone! Happy Valentine's Day to all! Hope you don't forget to show your 10th gen some love today as well!
Today I'm showing Miss Vicky what she means to me with the installation of the new HFP side skirts from the kit!

I'm also making sure all the badges match by installing the rear red emblem!
Hope you enjoy the vid and find it helpful!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello Everyone!!

Today Miss Vicky gets a bit of a wider step with the new HFP wheels and some wheel spacers!

I ran into a fitment issue with the big brake kit that was installed in ep. 9, so I decided to pick up some studded spacers from H&R.

When you choose the right parts and use them correctly, wheel spacers can be a very useful tool for solving those wheel fitment issues. Whether you use them out of necessity, or you want to fill your wheel well a bit more - I hope this vid can answer some of your questions!

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

OP
OP
RickTheWelder

RickTheWelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello Everyone!

As a follow-up to the wheel spacer episode, have I got something for you!

As some of you may have seen already, there's a company out there with an amazing wheel lock solution for our Civics! Rimgard has a very unique and innovative solution to wheel theft. I was given an opportunity to try out these devices and I tell you, I think thieves are in for a really bad time trying to get past these things!
I'm really excited to have these safeguarding Miss Vicky's new HFP wheel and tires.
Check out the review/install vid to see if these are right for you and your Civic!

Here's a link to Rimgard's website for more info or to order a set for yourself!
https://us.rimgard.com/products/honda?utm_source=social&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=ricksgarage1

Thanks for watching!!

Sponsored