Multiple paint chips on bumper!!!! Potential warranty fix???

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I washed my car for the first time in about a week and half and I found a total of 13 chips in the paint on my front bumper (1 on the hood)!!! Needless to say I was furious when I started counting them up! I know the paint is thin and one or two chips could be expected for average condition roads, but 13 from normal roads?!?!? (middle TN has great roads compared to surrounding states)

Does anyone think I'd have a case against the dealership if I told them that a couple chips is expected but 13 on a car with less than 2700 miles is rediculous and it shouldn't happen under normal conditions! I know I don't have concrete proof but common sense says I wouldn't take a brand new car and cruise behind a rock truck and let the chips count up! Best case scenario, maybe I can fight with them enough to have the bumper repainted. Woes case, theyll use a touch up marker to fill in the chips. Any other defensive points or tips to argue with the dealer would be helpful. I'm pretty pissed about this so please don't temper me with negative comments.

The most frustrating part is that I planned on getting a clear bra installed on the car soon but I didn't know I'd have to worry about getting it done so fast because Honda wants to be cheap and paint cars with nano millimeters of paint!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dr. Colorchip.

I used my kit for the first time this evening with great results. Much, much better than the standard application of touch up paint.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, sorry. That is considered normal wear and tear. Paint isn't that good but I will say so far it is a heck of a lot better than the 8th gen.