Multiple errors hours after uploading Flashpro Calibration: TPMS - Brake System - EPS - VSA - Hill Start Assist

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
What? wow how could the rabbit get the access to chew on the wire? i don't believe there is wire under the car and its sealed off underneath by a tray. Atleast now your mind is at ease and they found it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What? wow how could the rabbit get the access to chew on the wire? i don't believe there is wire under the car and its sealed off underneath by a tray. Atleast now your mind is at ease and they found it.
Me either man. Maybe I shouldn't blame the rabbit lol...but he was near it the most

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Honda "fixed" the harness. Afterwards they assumed the other codes they got were because of my mods... lovely.
I'm betting one of those wires shorted something out...wtf

Honda Civic 10th gen Multiple errors hours after uploading Flashpro Calibration: TPMS - Brake System - EPS - VSA - Hill Start Assist IMG_20200814_155548

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If something did chew through the PS harness, car might have gone into Limp mode. It disables a lot of functions to prevent any damage to the car itself. You should leave your OP intact, otherwise the thread becomes goofy, no one knows what you posted at first glance.

I like how they stated " might have to return some or all parts back to stock". Shouldn't have to with a correct tune and any bolt on. I would question the repair itself.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If something did chew through the PS harness, car might have gone into Limp mode. It disables a lot of functions to prevent any damage to the car itself. You should leave your OP intact, otherwise the thread becomes goofy, no one knows what you posted at first glance.

I like how they stated " might have to return some or all parts back to stock". Shouldn't have to with a correct tune and any bolt on. I would question the repair itself.
Yeah very true, thanks!

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Oh but for the limp mode part...if I cleared the DTC and it comes back when put in the on position (not started) wouldn't that mean it's an electronic issue? Which could mean either bad repair or perhaps some wires shorted something else out?

Electric issues suck lol

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So after Honda fixed the chewed harness, I am assuming you have the car back in your possession, and it's not sitting at the dealer. I would clear the codes, or disconnect the battery for a hard reset and go from there. Drive around, maybe the codes will clear up.

Are you flashed back to a stock tune? Maybe your mods on a stock tune might be causing the codes?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh but for the limp mode part...if I cleared the DTC and it comes back when put in the on position (not started) wouldn't that mean it's an electronic issue? Which could mean either bad repair or perhaps some wires shorted something else out?

Electric issues suck lol
No necessarily. You sometimes have to drive it a bit before they go away, as referenced above.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
What exact mods do you have?

Unlikely that these mods can affect the electronic systems, but the dealer has no idea what you've done to your car.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So after Honda fixed the chewed harness, I am assuming you have the car back in your possession, and it's not sitting at the dealer. I would clear the codes, or disconnect the battery for a hard reset and go from there. Drive around, maybe the codes will clear up.

Are you flashed back to a stock tune? Maybe your mods on a stock tune might be causing the codes?

Just throwing some ideas out there.
Never going to that dealer again. They said A11 fuse was pulled...I didn't mess with that fuse. Even if I did, I wouldn't have taken and thrown it away. They said they didn't do it. I don't have to pay diagnostic again but I'll have to pay for the fuse. Like wow lol

The codes showing up after I picked up the car were not present when I brought it in for the other codes.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
oh man this shit is getting worse

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Never going to that dealer again. They said A11 fuse was pulled...I didn't mess with that fuse. Even if I did, I wouldn't have taken and thrown it away. They said they didn't do it. I don't have to pay diagnostic again but I'll have to pay for the fuse. Like wow lol

The codes showing up after I picked up the car were not present when I brought it in for the other codes.
Wow, so a fuse was completely missing from its slot? Seems like the tech took stuff apart dianosing and forgot to put stuff back. I would go over all your engine harness connectors you can visually see to make sure they are clipped in.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, so a fuse was completely missing from its slot? Seems like the tech took stuff apart dianosing and forgot to put stuff back. I would go over all your engine harness connectors you can visually see to make sure they are clipped in.
Yeah no kidding man, craziness

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In post #6 you stated all fuses were good...did you remove them to check? Glad it was caught ntl.
So when I said good...just the ones I saw that were there.
It's really crazy. I even took a pick before taking them out and the one that was missing wasn't in the pic...which was after I got it from Honda. I what a crazy year lol. Freaking 2020

Anyway car is driving strong again
Sponsored