multi warning lights came on

pushkarajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016
I spoke with my dealer today and I have an update on my 2016 civic sedan. Apparantly there is rodent nest right next to my engine. The rodent chewed on a wiring harmess and completely distroyed a bunch of wires that go from powertrain control module to cooling pack of cylinder no. 4. Hence cylinder 4 started misfiring. Hence the engine started vibrating and ultimately the car. The multiple warning lights phenomena was not explained by my dealer.

Since it's a rodent issue the dealer said it won't be covered under warranty. I will have to decide if I should replace the entire harness which could cost around $2000 or repair it which will cost $260. I'm going ahead with the repair option.
If anyone could answer a few questions I would really appreciate it. Any other thought on this and on the pictures i have attached are welcome.

1. I still fail to understand how within 3 hours my car went from running perfectly fine to a bunch of wires chewed up?
2. Since it's a brand new car with bumper to bumper warranty can I somehow get it fixed under warranty?
Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on IMG_1219.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on IMG_1220.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on IMG_1221.JPG

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I spoke with my dealer today and I have an update on my 2016 civic sedan. Apparantly there is rodent nest right next to my engine. The rodent chewed on a wiring harmess and completely distroyed a bunch of wires that go from powertrain control module to cooling pack of cylinder no. 4. Hence cylinder 4 started misfiring. Hence the engine started vibrating and ultimately the car. The multiple warning lights phenomena was not explained by my dealer.

Since it's a rodent issue the dealer said it won't be covered under warranty. I will have to decide if I should replace the entire harness which could cost around $2000 or repair it which will cost $260. I'm going ahead with the repair option.
If anyone could answer a few questions I would really appreciate it. Any other thought on this and on the pictures i have attached are welcome.

1. I still fail to understand how within 3 hours my car went from running perfectly fine to a bunch of wires chewed up?
2. Since it's a brand new car with bumper to bumper warranty can I somehow get it fixed under warranty?
IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
OMG!!!! Im in shocked looking at your pics.
Youre right, how was your car fine 1 minute and the next that wire was cut...?
Maybe that rodent finally decided to finish his nasty business the night before you last started your car...

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag

IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
My only thought is that the plastic protective plate under the car doesnt limit at all the accessibility to the engine for rodents, contrary to what my dealer told me today.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
Where on car is this pic. Is it accessed underneath? I am trying to figure it out. Do I remove the steel plate?(one to access oil filter)? Thanks

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where on car is this pic. Is it accessed underneath? I am trying to figure it out. Do I remove the steel plate?(one to access oil filter)? Thanks
From this pic it looks like its on top of the engine
From what I see here you should be able to find the exact spot by opening the hood of the car.
I think.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This happened with me just now. I drove to work earlier today in my civic 2016 and everything was great. Has about 4000 miles on it. 3 hours later I go back to start my car and it's throwing all kinds of errors on the screen (emissions, brake system, stabilitrac, engine) and my exhaust is also making a weird flapping noise. When you had this problem did your exhaust make weird sound? Could you please tell me any other details about the issue as in what did dealer say, if this is just a software glitch why is my exhaust making a weird noise?

While were at it with this damn civic..
Was this the sound of your ''flappy'' exhaust when multi warning lights came on?
Thid is the sound of my right exhaust
Yep same car
Im telling myself : one problem at a time, one problem at a time lol
For my part the multi warning lights is only one of many problems ive had with the car since I got it 2 months ago.
I know it sounds like it but im not making stuff up just to complain. IVe never had so many problems with a brand new car.
Was this the sound of your exhaust when multi warning lights came on?

http://www.civicx.com/threads/weird-exhaust-sound.6606/#post-119104

ABC

First Name
AB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
I put a note up just yesterday and was on Google last night and found this. Have a 2016 EX-L w/Navi doing the very same thing. Find it kinda funny that several of us are having the same issue and my guess is there are more out there that have not found this website or taken the time to write this up. When I found this link, I am like, yes!, that is exactly what mine is doing. I drove it to the dealer last night and they are suppose to look at today. I am guessing a cut wire. It all started right after I put on factory mud flaps. Probably a coincidence, but really had me wondering if a screw I put in the flap jacked a wire or something. Likely not. This really makes a guy wonder....so many of us having same issue. I will post more as I hear more.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Happened to me today. Everything fine on the drive to the grocery store. When I got in the car after, everything went haywire. Had this issue on my 6th gen before, the wire harness was rubbing on the metal bracket on the intake manifold and shorted out the electrical. You’d think they would have fixed it by 20 years later... we’ll see what they say. Car has 90k miles on it now , 2016 ex-t. It’s had all the service bulletins done.

Honda Civic 10th gen multi warning lights came on 4E34D9DF-9C44-480A-A7DA-2DC1B578A456

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happened to me today. Everything fine on the drive to the grocery store. When I got in the car after, everything went haywire. Had this issue on my 6th gen before, the wire harness was rubbing on the metal bracket on the intake manifold and shorted out the electrical. You’d think they would have fixed it by 20 years later... we’ll see what they say. Car has 90k miles on it now , 2016 ex-t. It’s had all the service bulletins done.

4E34D9DF-9C44-480A-A7DA-2DC1B578A456.jpeg
There's nothing sadder than seeing your ride on the back of a flatbed! I hope it all works out for you.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's nothing sadder than seeing your ride on the back of a flatbed! I hope it all works out for you.
Yes so sad and thank you. The service manager at the dealership said that it could be rodents gnawing the wires. The truck driver said he saw 4 cars same thing. Sucks it’s raining out or I’d do it myself, now I’m gonna owe hundreds!!!

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag

IMG_1219.JPG
IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG
What the flying f**** made that???? Some sorta racoon??

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes so sad and thank you. The service manager at the dealership said that it could be rodents gnawing the wires. The truck driver said he saw 4 cars same thing. Sucks it’s raining out or I’d do it myself, now I’m gonna owe hundreds!!!
So I did some research last night, looks like a dead battery will cause all those symptoms. I went in and changed it out , cost $99 and $20 core. Works great now, saved hundreds!!!

Good luck all

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I spoke too soon. I drove about 5 miles and it started again... at least I have a new battery... will keep updated
Sponsored