Multi-purpose camera failure - Honda Sensing system issues

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
So... around the beginning of April, 2019; my 90 day old '19 Sport Coupe (2.0) CVT started displaying multiple error/issues on the instrument cluster. Despite the Honda write-up, CEL wasn't one of them. I don't recall VSA being an issue either. However... all the things connected with the Honda Sensing system and the multi-purpose camera were in the mix. This happened at startup in the morning. There were no incidents prior to the errors. I did, however, peek into the hidden menu to grab the radio's serial number the night before. But I was very careful and didn't mess with anything else. This seems to be co-incidental. But I'm doing the full disclosure thing.

Of course I tried everything that I could think of to 'reset' all of it. I even replaced the factory battery as a fool's errand to avoid the dealership. Nothing worked.

My first visit to the service department was a bust (long story). But the second person scheduled a diagnostic and they found two error codes: One for the camera and one for camera and/or RADAR.

They ordered a new camera and replaced it under warranty. All is well now so far as I know. No error messages, anyway.

It looks like there are different cameras for different models. Not completely sure on that. And it seems that the new cameras require a calibration procedure.

The 30 day process was a big pain-in-the-balls for a system that I never use and wish I could disable. There is no way that I'm aware of to turn off the flashing messages and silence the gong.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar issue in the future. And you have my sympathy.

Honda Civic 10th gen Multi-purpose camera failure - Honda Sensing system issues IMG_20190430_0001
Sponsored

Rhiannon

First Name
Rhiannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Would this camera being bad make your car loose power for a few seconds at random times