takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
It’s been two days and I’ve been experiencing all this warning lights flashing on my dashboard.
  1. Transmission System Problem
  2. Electric Parking Brake Problem
  3. Hill Assist Problem
  4. Brake System Problem
  5. Brake Hold System Problem
Also the gear letters are all stacked up on top of each other! I bought it to honda today, they ran their laptop on it and told me its a loose battery. Unfortunately it reoccured again. I went back to Honda again and they told me they reset the system. TBH I dont think they have any idea whats going on with the car. Do you guys have any idea whats going on?

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 9AB05511-AFF0-44E6-95D6-A13D02C7285A

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 138662F0-AEA7-4C38-80A1-4DE733A7C0EE

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 6EE88644-372B-468A-89EE-82144E1419DD

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 91F5EDB9-49DB-472C-868A-3B7DDAC0B2EE

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 391C899A-9086-4180-8FD1-E64D4BAE8122

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 64439A09-630B-4754-93CA-4D95F7BEF583

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
All those warnings seem to be brake related to me. Even the transmission warning may be linked to the hill start assist feature.

I'd start with the basics. Check the brake fluid level (which Honda should have checked). Check all the fuses related to those systems. Have the battery load tested (which Honda should have done). Etc.

Has there been any accidents, incidents, or recent work done on the car?

And even though it's a longshot; check the rear brake pads.

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
All those warnings seem to be brake related to me. Even the transmission warning may be linked to the hill start assist feature.

I'd start with the basics. Check the brake fluid level (which Honda should have checked). Check all the fuses related to those systems. Have the battery load tested (which Honda should have done). Etc.

Has there been any accidents, incidents, or recent work done on the car?

And even though it's a longshot; check the rear brake pads.
The only thing which was done for the car was a battery change a month ago (since my stock battery died out on me). No accidents, no modifications (even cosmetic). All stock, used not abused 1.8e 2017 sedan.

I checked all my fluids they all seem fine. Will check the brakes for sure. I went to honda this morning and they did a reflash (as they’ve said, tbh I dont think they have an idea of the problem or whatsover). I will still have to observe the car again if it re occur. But I’m pretty worried.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
If Honda's hunch was something electrical; I'm inclined to agree. Maybe a battery cable or connector was damaged during the previous battery replacement. Just document all the issues and service. Maybe carefully inspect both battery cables where they connect at the battery and where they connect to the chassis ground and fusebox. One other person previously had a fusebox replaced after experiencing electrical gremlins. I'm sure that Honda's list of fixes begins with the battery terminals and system reboots.

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
If Honda's hunch was something electrical; I'm inclined to agree. Maybe a battery cable or connector was damaged during the previous battery replacement. Just document all the issues and service. Maybe carefully inspect both battery cables where they connect at the battery and where they connect to the chassis ground and fusebox. One other person previously had a fusebox replaced after experiencing electrical gremlins. I'm sure that Honda's list of fixes begins with the battery terminals and system reboots.
Noted! Just quite weird it occured after a month the battery was replaced!

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Will still have to check if the issue goes back again

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Update. It was a malfunction input speed sensor. Seems to run fine now, but will still observe. Attached is the photo of the sensor replaced. So far no more errors or limp mode. Dealer says its a faulty factory error part.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving 488F8C57-2475-438A-863F-0617C54C8C5C

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Is that a user replaceable part? Can I find it somewhere and swap it out when, inevitably, the dealer can't figure it out?

The dealer is claiming bad injectors, replacing for free even though they know its tuned but probably not covered a 2nd time. Claims it's a $3000 job, covered under warranty. They even gave me a loaner this time, an hrv.

Last edited:

Bharathadiya

First Name
Bharat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX Automatic
Country flag
Update. It was a malfunction input speed sensor. Seems to run fine now, but will still observe. Attached is the photo of the sensor replaced. So far no more errors or limp mode. Dealer says its a faulty factory error part.

488F8C57-2475-438A-863F-0617C54C8C5C.jpeg
Hello Brother, I hope you are doing well
I have Honda Civic 2016 LX and I have same to same issue ( all signs are same ) so, where I can repair my car and where I can get this sensor I already visited 3-4 mechanics shops but nothing works

can you help me it’s really appreciated
Give me any contact details
Thank you

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Kindly check code for error. There are two speed sensors. It should be found under the engine bro. Its called an input speed sensor

Bharathadiya

First Name
Bharat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Kindly check code for error. There are two speed sensors. It should be found under the engine bro. Its called an input speed sensor
There are two sensors one is small and one is big and both are under the filter
Is there any place where I can go and replace it?

OP
OP

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Prior to touching the sensors. Please send me the error code on your obd reading

Bharathadiya

First Name
Bharat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Prior to touching the sensors. Please send me the error code on your obd reading
I have the same issue like you had However, car is working in perfect condition no issue
Only signs are showing on display

I am really in dilemma situation because I already checked with 3-4 mechanics Shops still no result

can you please share the address of mechanic shop so I will go there and replace it

Toast_Soup

First Name
Toast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have the same issue like you had However, car is working in perfect condition no issue
Only signs are showing on display

I am really in dilemma situation because I already checked with 3-4 mechanics Shops still no result

can you please share the address of mechanic shop so I will go there and replace it
I too have the exact same issue. Happened 2000kms from home. No codes show up on code readers and the car drives fine. Did you ever get it fixed? Was it expensive?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Had a similar issue. Stored code for wheel speed sensor, no MIL. Tech could not recalibrate any drive assist features.

Snap On scan tool showed live data from sensors. However, after replacing sensors, no codes and recalibration successful.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving Screenshot_20230912_124046_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Mulitple Dashboard Warning Lights Coming Off While Driving Screenshot_20230912_124101_Gallery