Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also having an issue with the drivers side... Did anyone have success re-installing it with the window down?
Sponsored

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also having an issue with the drivers side... Did anyone have success re-installing it with the window down?
Installing with window cracked open will give you a better idea how the gap will be when rolling window up/down. Im tempted to try reinstalling again but I think Im out of 3m tape. When I removed the first visor that cracked it came off easily with my plastic trim remover tool...but the 3m tape was basically not usable after removing it from the car. Or at least I didnt think it would be a good idea to try and stick it back on there.

Remove, adjust and reinstall...or sand it down seem to be the options you got. As someone mentioned, these aren't 100% good to go out of the box =/

Sad that just the (1) visor is bad. Leads me to believe the mold of it is bad and they probably wont fix for a while.

They don't have Mugen visors for the sedan version?
@iTzLanders

http://www.civicx.com/threads/16-17...dow-visor-w-chrome-trim-wd-hc164mu2-chr.6046/

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Installing with window cracked open will give you a better idea how the gap will be when rolling window up/down. Im tempted to try reinstalling again but I think Im out of 3m tape. When I removed the first visor that cracked it came off easily with my plastic trim remover tool...but the 3m tape was basically not usable after removing it from the car. Or at least I didnt think it would be a good idea to try and stick it back on there.

Remove, adjust and reinstall...or sand it down seem to be the options you got. As someone mentioned, these aren't 100% good to go out of the box =/

Sad that just the (1) visor is bad. Leads me to believe the mold of it is bad and they probably wont fix for a while.

@iTzLanders

http://www.civicx.com/threads/16-17...dow-visor-w-chrome-trim-wd-hc164mu2-chr.6046/
I'm looking for ones without the chrome trimming that fit the sedan

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am gonna attempt to reposition it on a cooler day with the window down. I'll also tape a microfiber to the glass where it could be touching, as a buffer. Hopefully applying it at a certain angle and all of these other tricks can fix this issue without having to mess around with sanding them. Otherwise, they're getting returned.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to removing the driver front to reposition it.

SO I removed it, cleaned the trim it sits on, removed old 3m tape, installed new 3m tape.

Then I cracked the window open, positioned the visor, verified the gap was at least 1/8-1/4" and installed. Its been several days and I've been able to roll my window up and down without any contact. Finally!!!

Jamroxorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody with these taken the car through a car wash?
Yeah, they’re just fine, they don’t go anywhere. But you kinda don’t get your window washed under it haha.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah besides the install issue I face, thats probably my only complaint. Cleaning under it is a little tricky.

chewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got these Mugen style visor at a local shop a while ago and finally installed them after a wash. It's been way too cold in Toronto to do anything. No rubbing at all and the fitment is good (needed to play around with positioning it). $100 CDN is pretty good and the material is solid.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_073820

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_073908

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_073831

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_073827

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_173529

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Style Smoke Tinted Visors For the Hatchback Available 20180125_073850

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport
Country flag
Any new reviews on the eBay ones? Looking to buy soon and hate that it touches out of the box.

Another question. Did those that install, get reduced wind noise? I get wind noise above 70mph and hoping it was remove these with the visors.

svntam

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatch
Country flag
Any new reviews on the eBay ones? Looking to buy soon and hate that it touches out of the box.

Another question. Did those that install, get reduced wind noise? I get wind noise above 70mph and hoping it was remove these with the visors.
I ordered these from Ebay when I bought my car and literally received the product in 2 days, it was amazing the fastest shipping I've ever received on Ebay but of course it depends on your location (I live in Socal). With the product it's amazing, it really makes a difference in the look of your car, and I've had no issues whatsoever so far. No rubbing on windows or anything, and with car washes it still holds on pretty good. The tape that it comes with is a little thin on the width so I bought some automotive 3m tape from Wal-mart and replaced it and it's held up pretty well. With the noise issue, I'm not sure if it reduces the noise since I've installed these right after I got my car but with noise I haven't had any issues with it on.
Sponsored