Threads
Reaction score
Website
YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2009 FA5
Country flag
BA5CEA69-F38C-475D-AF78-93154B453C0A.jpeg

I bought mine from HiRev for like $900, actually had to buy two since the first one flew off(100% my fault). They didn’t help me with the blown one so I sourced my current one for Alibaba and it came with the exact same packaging for 400$ shipped. I wouldn’t buy any but the carbon or even EPR carbon one since the middle will flap on the freeway like most rep Type R wing without a stabilizer. I don’t have a type R myself but I had to drill new holes since the EPR carbon was a little wider than the Type R drilling template. Mine didn’t have a metal bracket but a EPR carbon mounting point that is 3M to the fins. Also note that if you plan to buy the rep that is put on with 3M and you plan to replace it, you have to be very careful when you remove it since I destroyed my clear coat and paint lol.
84F6945B-BA90-435F-80A6-455B52B8829E.jpeg

( I know I need to shave it more but I got lazy after I cut myself )

Good to know man. So did the HiRev Sports Version use any mounting plates, or did it attach to the plastic pieces?

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm curious which replica wing did you buy?

Reason I ask is I've noticed that the EPR replicas seem to be made pretty much to identical spec as the Mugen. Especially in regards to how they mount.

If you look at these photos, most of the Replicas come with 2 plastic pieces that attach to the car and the sides blades of the wing. These are the wings that cost $150-$350

Whereas, the authentic Mugen and the EPR versions mount the car to the side blades using a metal plate. then the plastic shell covers the mounting points.

The EPR replicas cost a bit more than the others reps around $900.

I haven't decided yet, but I might take a chance with the EPR version. I've had great luck with their parts so far.

s-l1600.jpg

0022442_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler.jpeg

0022440_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler.jpeg

dsc01494-copy.jpg

dsc01493-copy.jpg
Sup man. Did you ever figure out an option for that Mugen wing?

Aariahjames

First Name
Aariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Necro'ing this thread. Does anyone else have experience with the EPR mugen wing? I'm debating on either the EPR CF version or authentic mugen version. All of my aftermarket parts are authentic mugen so far, I'm just debating if the $2200 is worth it for a none cf wing.

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Necro'ing this thread. Does anyone else have experience with the EPR mugen wing? I'm debating on either the EPR CF version or authentic mugen version. All of my aftermarket parts are authentic mugen so far, I'm just debating if the $2200 is worth it for a none cf wing.
I’ve heard good thing about EPR. I went ahead and bought the real one. If you want genuine Go to Blackhawk Japan. It’s hundreds cheaper than buying inside the US

Aariahjames

First Name
Aariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I’ve heard good thing about EPR. I went ahead and bought the real one. If you want genuine Go to Blackhawk Japan. It’s hundreds cheaper than buying inside the US
Awesome! Thank you for the heads up about Blackhawk.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
+1 on Blackhawkjapan. I bought the mugen wing there and other parts - they package it like a pro. You also accrue points to use later on too. Just make sure you take a pic of it and attach it to your review for double the points 😂
Sponsored