CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I really llike the Mugen spoiler but Im not paying $7,500 for cf or even $2k for the frp lol. Is there anyone out there that can vouch fitment on a mugen replica wing? Ive found some but Im not putting just anything on my car. Surely theres replicas out there that are worthy.
Sponsored

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Getting my mugen wing frp painted as we speak. Will let you know on the fitment. As for reps, even HRS says the fitment will be off? and will require you to drill. Wouldnā€™t put that on for the fk8

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Getting my mugen wing frp painted as we speak. Will let you know on the fitment. As for reps, even HRS says the fitment will be off? and will require you to drill. Wouldnā€™t put that on for the fk8
I might just get the frp one too. Cool would love to see pics. Ty!

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
[/
most of the people you see with mugen wings are reps, so the fitment is good brotha.
Yeah I kinda figured I was just wondering which rep was a good one. Thereā€™s a lot out there

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just a heads up, if youā€™re planing to track your car or drive fast the reps wing wonā€™t hold up. Learned that the hard way.
C329C91D-4D78-404F-91EA-05721CD7328B.jpeg
Omg man. That hurts my heart, my condolences for the deceased šŸ˜±

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
Omg man. That hurts my heart, my condolences for the deceased šŸ˜±
Haha thanks man, yeah it was devastating during my 10 hour road trip. You also need to drill new holes since I used the Type R spoiler template and it was too wide.

OP
OP
CTRfan

CTRfan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Haha thanks man, yeah it was devastating during my 10 hour road trip. You also need to drill new holes since I used the Type R
šŸ¤Æ 10 hrs??? and ok thanks for the info!

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
šŸ¤Æ 10 hrs??? and ok thanks for the info!
Yup CA to AZ, pretty sure the base of the wing couldnā€™t take the downforce when I went 110+mph other than that I canā€™t see a reason why it would explode. Also all the seller for the Mugen wings are dropshipped from Alibaba and I got my replacement for $300, I wouldnā€™t pay the 1.3k sellers are charging.

TacticalToolbox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2009 FA5
Country flag
Yup CA to AZ, pretty sure the base of the wing couldnā€™t take the downforce when I went 110+mph other than that I canā€™t see a reason why it would explode. Also all the seller for the Mugen wings are dropshipped from Alibaba and I got my replacement for $300, I wouldnā€™t pay the 1.3k sellers are charging.
I'm curious which replica wing did you buy?

Reason I ask is I've noticed that the EPR replicas seem to be made pretty much to identical spec as the Mugen. Especially in regards to how they mount.

If you look at these photos, most of the Replicas come with 2 plastic pieces that attach to the car and the sides blades of the wing. These are the wings that cost $150-$350

Whereas, the authentic Mugen and the EPR versions mount the car to the side blades using a metal plate. then the plastic shell covers the mounting points.

The EPR replicas cost a bit more than the others reps around $900.

I haven't decided yet, but I might take a chance with the EPR version. I've had great luck with their parts so far.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing s-l1600

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing 0022442_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing 0022440_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing dsc01494-copy

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing dsc01493-copy

vnp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing BA5CEA69-F38C-475D-AF78-93154B453C0A
I'm curious which replica wing did you buy?

Reason I ask is I've noticed that the EPR replicas seem to be made pretty much to identical spec as the Mugen. Especially in regards to how they mount.

If you look at these photos, most of the Replicas come with 2 plastic pieces that attach to the car and the sides blades of the wing. These are the wings that cost $150-$350

Whereas, the authentic Mugen and the EPR versions mount the car to the side blades using a metal plate. then the plastic shell covers the mounting points.

The EPR replicas cost a bit more than the others reps around $900.

I haven't decided yet, but I might take a chance with the EPR version. I've had great luck with their parts so far.

s-l1600.jpg

0022442_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler.jpeg

0022440_17-onwards-civic-type-r-fk8-type-m-rear-spoiler.jpeg

dsc01494-copy.jpg

dsc01493-copy.jpg
I bought mine from HiRev for like $900, actually had to buy two since the first one flew off(100% my fault). They didnā€™t help me with the blown one so I sourced my current one for Alibaba and it came with the exact same packaging for 400$ shipped. I wouldnā€™t buy any but the carbon or even EPR carbon one since the middle will flap on the freeway like most rep Type R wing without a stabilizer. I donā€™t have a type R myself but I had to drill new holes since the EPR carbon was a little wider than the Type R drilling template. Mine didnā€™t have a metal bracket but a EPR carbon mounting point that is 3M to the fins. Also note that if you plan to buy the rep that is put on with 3M and you plan to replace it, you have to be very careful when you remove it since I destroyed my clear coat and paint lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen replica wing 84F6945B-BA90-435F-80A6-455B52B8829E

( I know I need to shave it more but I got lazy after I cut myself )

Last edited: