tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I wouldn't buy from RHDJapan. The one from King is exclusive to the NA market due to the lever sitting towards the driver (to the left). The one from RHDJapan probably sits closer to the right.

From what I could tell (I haven't had a stock, factory shifter in a long time), it is a little shorter but smoother/crisper than stock CTR.
The 2020 shifter is supposed to be shorter than the 2017-2019 models, I was curious how the new (unreleased) one might compare with the Mugen one; only time will tell.
Sponsored

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
I wouldn't buy from RHDJapan. The one from King is exclusive to the NA market due to the lever sitting towards the driver (to the left). The one from RHDJapan probably sits closer to the right.

From what I could tell (I haven't had a stock, factory shifter in a long time), it is a little shorter but smoother/crisper than stock CTR.
How does the Mugen compare to the Hybrid shifter?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
How does the Mugen compare to the Hybrid shifter?
Totally different. Mugen is more OEM like. Possibly comparable to OEM with Acuity upgrades, although that felt nicer than Mugen IMO.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Totally different. Mugen is more OEM like. Possibly comparable to OEM with Acuity upgrades, although that felt nicer than Mugen IMO.
So which shifter do you prefer?

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I had a twin loop Mugen many years ago for my DC5 and remember it being quite expensive but not that much. I guess I'll save for Fujitsubo
i really like the R1 Titan exhaust. I def want titanium to be a lil different. Ive been saving for some time to get it. Titan is about 3600$ not including overseas shipping so hoping its not too much. This car will definitely be a long term project that I will keep for as long as I can. Many people will say whats the point its just an exhaust...meh... I have always liked boutique jdm functional parts but there is a limit to what i’m willing to pay and while I love their parts, Mugen crossed that line on some of the parts I was looking forward to

Last edited:

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag

You're correct - I've seen the Mugen Quickshifter designated for LHD from King's website, but since they didn't include the part number, it's not possible to do a quick match for the same product listed with RHDJapan. We just have to assume the other is RHD since it's from RHDJapan?

Koomoo88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic SI
Country flag
Most of my parts come from RHDjapan(for a better deal), including my mugen short shifter... 54000-XNCD-K0S0, KM did not list the part number, but you can see the part number on the pic.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mugen prices for most parts, not all but most are reasonably priced for the Japanese market. Their R&D department is interconnected to the Honda one so they have direct access to the actual designs of OEM Honda parts. That is the main reason they can develop parts that fit 1000% like OEM. Other aftermarket manufacturers do that too, but not as good since they have to build and test fit until perfect. Mugen designs based on the original dimensions so you know it fits. Plus, they also R&D the materials used and/or use the exact same materials as per Honda specifications. The plastics used, the molds, everything is 1000% Honda specification.

Aftermarket parts are not Mugen's main source of revenue. Since they do it, they obviously make money but that is not what they count on for growth. Their main activities focus around professional competition racing.

From time to time they will get a few vehicles from Honda and redesign or re-manufacture various parts using exotic materials and then sell these vehicles as limited edition. The Mugen-Power Civic RR is a great example. It runs a N/A 2.2litre engine making 260hp with 1000% Honda reliability. Rumor has it that before the 11th gen Civic launches, they will do a FK8 RR that will not only run all the current aftermarket catalogue but also have an upgraded engine and extensive carbonfibre parts, much like the FD2 RR.

Hirotoshi Honda started off by modifying his father's S600. So Mugen today building OEM parts for Honda vehicles is more of a tradition thing rather than making most of their money. I paid 1000$ for the CR-V front grill garnish, shipped and taxed. That was 2 pieces of plastic. The OEM bumper costs far less. Their exhaust for the CR-V costs 2300$ without shipping, import taxes or whatever. That cost is ridiculous to be honest. You can get a custom exhaust for 800$ installed. Still, materials, fitment, longevity etc is practically OEM Honda. Its the same thing with AMG or M Division. Thing is that Honda hasn't pushed the "official" aftermarket route like Mercedes or BMW have. Not a bad thing, makes Mugen-Power items truly unique.

Last edited:

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
We all know anyone that uses Mugen or Spoon all about baller status lol
Sponsored