First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After all these talking, I've finally got mine and installed this morning, and since there's not a write up here yet, I shall give it a try :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like any other tutorials, I'm not responsible for any damage to your vehicle if it so happens, do it at your own risk ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the box, you'll find:
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190729_181003

1) The mirrors (Left and right)
2) Harness X2
3) Heat shrink tube X4
4) Instruction manual (In Japanese with pictures)

Function:
1) Blue tinted, so the truck behind can't blind you
2) Factory Heated function support, it has the same 2 pins behind just like the OEM one if yours come with it. If it doesn't come with it, either you can skip it, or do another DIY to make it work, since the mirror is already there.
3) LED Blinker built in the mirror, what it does, is to "split" the factory side mirror blinker's connection, if yours doesn't have that, just like the heated function above, either skip it or figure a way to get the power from the car. There are plugs involves here, but it really is just 2 wires.
4) Wider angle
5) Hydrophilic, suppose to be a help in rain? Haven't tried this yet.

Resources:
Here is an overview of how it's constructed from the factory
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 影像 (2)

Yes, I know I don't have the best drawing skills here, hopefully this is not making it more complicated.
Here is a way better drawing from Honda
https://www.hondapartsnetwork.com/v...ort-touring--variable/interior-bumper--mirror
And here is a tutorial that I watched the night before, surely will get things clear a lot more. (In Japanese)

Let's begin! (Pictures are all taken on the passenger side, the side with the lane watch camera)
1) Fold your mirror assembly outward (opposite of what you'd do when you park in a tight spot), don't worry, it's not powered, you won't break anything here.
2) To prevent scratches, use masking tape to cover up the edge
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_121403_HDR

3) Pry out the mirror, give yourself as much room as possible on the top of the mirror, our goal is to pry off the ball shape (the part with white grease in the 2nd pic) out from the clip in the center of the white piece (1st picture). The 2 white plastic screw at 6 & 9 o'clock position will pull right out easily. And if you have heated mirror equipped, unplug the two plug on the corner, try your best to remember which is left and which is right.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_104046
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_104040

After you pried the mirror out, you should see this piece first (before seeing the one above)
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_104126_HDR

4) I call this one the boss of the project, we're taking it off by removing 3 screws, you see 2 here at 12 and 5 o'clock position, there is also one at where my thumb is, you can ONLY see it with the mirror folded all the way outward.

Then, on both side of where the 12 o'clock screw were, you should find your body color there, that's a clip from the back of the upper mirror shell. Use a tool (like a flat head screw driver) to pry that off and at the same time, pull this boss piece towards you, you should be able to losen it a bit. Then, wiggle it out through these plugs...
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Inked20190824_104207_LI
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Inked20190824_104237_HDR_LI

(Hope I didn't miss any, take your time,be patient here, but once you pass this, you can master the rest easy. I broke 2 of them on the other side, and some Gorilla glue fixed it :) )

5)
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_104040

Yes, this picture again, you should see this once you take the boss out. This is the big motor assembly, 3 & 6 o'clock position are where the white screw goes. the rest of the shell (upper and lower) should be way lose by now.

Behind the big motor assembly, you should find 2 plugs (Passenger side with lane watch camera).
Picture here is the what it's like after the harness from Mugen should be connected. When you first see this, you should only see Red and Blue.
Red should be the plug for the Lane watch camera, and blue is the blinker.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Inked20190824_104106_LI

Unplug Blue and replace it with the female side of the harness, and put Purple (Mugen male plug) and Green (the original blue plug) together.

6) Now you should have total of 2 (or 4 if you have the heated mirror) pin connectors hanging around.
Back to the boss piece again:
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Inked20190824_104126_HDR_LI

Run the heated mirror connectors through the red entrance, and the blinker connectors through the yellow entrance.
Tidy up the upper and lower shell, align the screw holes to the big motor, then carefully, patiently, put boss piece back in place. Once you success, don't forget to put the 3 screws back on.

7) (See how thick that housing on the Mugen mirror? Mugen quality :love:)
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Inked20190824_105545_HDR_LI

Take the white piece out from the original mirror (The whole piece inside the blue), put the white piece onto the big motor, put the 2 white screw (orange arrows) into the rubber boots, make sure the boots don't get clogged on the teeth. Then put the ball shape into the green area. Now get in the car, make sure the motor moves this white piece in all direction, if you're stuck here, make sure the boot is not clogged again.

8)
Remember those heat shrink tubes? Now slide them onto the blinker wires (yellow arrow), and connect them onto the plugs extend from the back of the Mugen mirror, black/white to black/white, black to black. Then slide the tube to cover the connectors, and use some heat (like a lighter) to make it shrink. Now the connections are safe :)
Still remember left and right for the heated plugs? Put them back on now (where the red arrow is)~

9) You should be able to see those clips on the back of the mirror,use them to clip the mirror onto the white piece. Take out your windshield cloth, give it a good wipe, and there you installed the Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror (what a long name lol)

10) Not done yet, test if the functions work, blinkers, heated, and then adjust.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_151339_HDR
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 20190824_151406_HDR

Last edited:

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Side question for @yhkwok, I noticed you have a dash cam, is it affixed to the Sensing cover or the windshield?

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Side question for @yhkwok, I noticed you have a dash cam, is it affixed to the Sensing cover or the windshield?
I think you mean the second till last picture, that's on the Sienna :D but all 3 of my car has the same set up, which is a suction cup on the windshield. It'd definitely be cool to have a sensor cover that holds it instead. They are the Thinkware F70 /F50, so they come with the 3M tap mount, but I'm not confident in putting it center enough in one shot, so I got the suction cup accessory... The Sienna, I'm able to put it next to the sensor cover, FK7 though, I have to put it right under it.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
the camera picks up more glare than I'd like. I'll figure something out. Maybe turn it into a DIY.

jdmclock

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Looks great!!! Hmm a mod I might do later
Where did you get the mirrors from? And what was ETA.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine's from RHDJapan, and choose the cheapest shipping(DHL in my case), which is about a week from Japan. The mirror was out of stock for a while the original restock time is early September, but they restocked early and I received mine in mid August.

jasonklor

unemployed CEO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Integra Type R #0700 | 2019 Civic Type R #25455 | 2020 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Thank you for the write up.

20190928_214054.jpg
I want to first say that your side mirrors look awesome. I apologize for my lack of foresight but Iā€™m curious where you tapped into in order to get power to your Mugen mirrors and housing leds? Iā€™m thinking about tackling this myself but was hoping to get a better understanding of the whole process before I attempt the same install you did on my CTR.

I found these images in another post that referred to a connector on the driver side underneath the dash and was wondering if this is the harness you tapped into? And if so, how did you do it for both driver and passenger sides of the mirrors? Thanks in advance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install 9063BFD8-0C25-47CB-BF3B-0ACB309A6D74

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install D0DF009F-BD27-4E99-BEFF-A39E42827AFC

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I want to first say that your side mirrors look awesome. I apologize for my lack of foresight but Iā€™m curious where you tapped into in order to get power to your Mugen mirrors and housing leds? Iā€™m thinking about tackling this myself but was hoping to get a better understanding of the whole process before I attempt the same install you did on my CTR.

I found these images in another post that referred to a connector on the driver side underneath the dash and was wondering if this is the harness you tapped into? And if so, how did you do it for both driver and passenger sides of the mirrors? Thanks in advance.

9063BFD8-0C25-47CB-BF3B-0ACB309A6D74.jpeg

D0DF009F-BD27-4E99-BEFF-A39E42827AFC.jpeg
That is exactly what I tapped. If you buy the OEM mirror harnesses from a touring model to use the plugs and wiring for the housing LED (which also the Mugen mirror harnesses plug into), the pink wire is positive and purple wire is negative. For the negative wire, I tapped the black wire in the door harness. For the positive wire, I ran it with the door harness into the cabin. I tapped the respective wires going into the fuse box per that post you got the pics from.

PM if you have any other questions regarding parts needed and install.
Sponsored

Last edited: