rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I guess I should have realized you need the lane watch mirrors in order to install the turn signals. Bummer. ?

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I should have realized you need the lane watch mirrors in order to install the turn signals. Bummer. ?
Hmmm, I don't think it's related to the lane watch camera, though I understand the NA FK8s don't come with mirror turn signals. I'd guess you can (if you don't mind the extra work) run the wire from the turn signals and tap to this mirror. Kinda like those running the unity side markers.

What about the heated function? does FK8 comes with that?

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hmmm, I don't think it's related to the lane watch camera, though I understand the NA FK8s don't come with mirror turn signals. I'd guess you can (if you don't mind the extra work) run the wire from the turn signals and tap to this mirror. Kinda like those running the unity side markers.

What about the heated function? does FK8 comes with that?
I don't either but thankfully I found a thread with the part numbers for the housings and wire harness to do the conversion.

Rem

First Name
MugenCTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
That is exactly what I tapped. If you buy the OEM mirror harnesses from a touring model to use the plugs and wiring for the housing LED (which also the Mugen mirror harnesses plug into), the pink wire is positive and purple wire is negative. For the negative wire, I tapped the black wire in the door harness. For the positive wire, I ran it with the door harness into the cabin. I tapped the respective wires going into the fuse box per that post you got the pics from.

PM if you have any other questions regarding parts needed and install.
Sup! I'm new to this thread. I just want to ask where you tap all the wires for the turn signals.

Pink wire+ = tapped to tan/gray wire under the cabin
Purple wire- = where do I tap this wire?
2 Black wires = where to tap?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Sup! I'm new to this thread. I just want to ask where you tap all the wires for the turn signals.

Pink wire+ = tapped to tan/gray wire under the cabin
Purple wire- = where do I tap this wire?
2 Black wires = where to tap?
Purple is negative, so tap the black wire on the window switch.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Hydrophilic LED mirror - Install Screenshot_20200525-155355_Chrome

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Can anyone who has these confirm if you can get access directly to the leds for the turn signals without breaking anything?
I'd love to get a set of these but I also have the lane watch LED in mine so I'm thinking maybe If I can get access to the turn signals, I can replace the bottom 3 with a different colour LED so I can tell the difference between the lane warning and the turn signal.

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
Anybody have any idea what I could've did wrong if my mirror Left <-> Right adjustment is not working after this? I installed both sides the same, but can't figure out what I did wrong with the passenger side. Made sure both of the white "screw" looking pins were going in correctly.

infin8typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR SGP
Country flag
That is exactly what I tapped. If you buy the OEM mirror harnesses from a touring model to use the plugs and wiring for the housing LED (which also the Mugen mirror harnesses plug into), the pink wire is positive and purple wire is negative. For the negative wire, I tapped the black wire in the door harness. For the positive wire, I ran it with the door harness into the cabin. I tapped the respective wires going into the fuse box per that post you got the pics from.

PM if you have any other questions regarding parts needed and install.
Would love the part number(s) for whatever wiring harness(es) you used to get the LED turn signals working on an early-model Type R.
Sponsored