Mugen Bolts

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
I hope this is a stupid question, how do you get Mugen bolts to work on an FK8 license plate in the rear? I have seen people on here mention they have done it but no one questions or explains how. Any help?
Sponsored

qkshade

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2018 Accord Sport 2.0
Country flag
I hope this is a stupid question, how do you get Mugen bolts to work on an FK8 license plate in the rear? I have seen people on here mention they have done it but no one questions or explains how. Any help?
you just have to fight with them for a bit. I actually gave up on the first attempt and thought it was a waste. Came back later and put some sack into it and they eventually went in there. They need some persuasion and a couple beers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen Bolts E5B4119A-B577-4908-BC09-A58457D02442

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Those look sweet!

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
you just have to fight with them for a bit. I actually gave up on the first attempt and thought it was a waste. Came back later and put some sack into it and they eventually went in there. They need some persuasion and a couple beers.

E5B4119A-B577-4908-BC09-A58457D02442.jpeg
May I ask what makes them tough? That looks like a great upgrade to me.

qkshade

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
May I ask what makes them tough? That looks like a great upgrade to me.
The bolts don’t tapper to a point on the end so it’s difficult to get them threaded into the holes at first. They will go in there tho, just gotta put alot of pressure on them to get em in. Well worth the trouble and the cost in my opinion. I love small, subtle mods like this.

OP
OP
civic2tegg

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag

E5B4119A-B577-4908-BC09-A58457D02442.jpeg
Thanks so much! I was nervous to damage the threads and then not be able to turn back. They look great.

qkshade

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks so much! I was nervous to damage the threads and then not be able to turn back. They look great.
i actually took a drill bit and made the hole a just a bit bigger to get the bolt started. They went right in after that.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
its not the same pitch thats why.
but the inserts are plastic so just bolt it in and make your own threads.

RacerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CW Civic Type R / '06 MM RSX Type S
Country flag
Just put a little pressure on them going into the plastic inserts, then go easy threading them in. Just be patient with them.
Sponsored