Mufflers for 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport

ChaseStanley

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Really need a muffler for my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport. Want something deep sounding. Anyone got any good ones to suggest that are below 200$? Thanks!!! Very urgent
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about no muffler? Muffler delete will get you a deeper sound for that kind of money

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Hatch LX CVT
Country flag
How about no muffler? Muffler delete will get you a deeper sound for that kind of money
Only problem is with a muffler delete it is super droney. I put a flowmaster dbx on mine and deleted the resonator. Sounds great!

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only problem is with a muffler delete it is super droney. I put a flowmaster dbx on mine and deleted the resonator. Sounds great!
did you only do a res delete or muffler and res delete and then added a flowmaster dbx? i got my muffler delete and now im considering getting a res delete and getting a vibrant ultra quiet res on there. so 2.5" piping cat back.. i just want to tame the drone a bit from the muffler delete and my exhaust shop guy recommends adding the vibrant UQ res.

Ephex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I
did you only do a res delete or muffler and res delete and then added a flowmaster dbx? i got my muffler delete and now im considering getting a res delete and getting a vibrant ultra quiet res on there. so 2.5" piping cat back.. i just want to tame the drone a bit from the muffler delete and my exhaust shop guy recommends adding the vibrant UQ res.
If you want to tame your drone you can add the DBX were the resonator was. Or any muffler that fits were the resonator was. Like a cherrybomb

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I removed the stock resonator, mufflers and all exhaust piping from the downpipe forward. The shop custom made the exhaust system (2.5" the whole way) with dual pipes out the back. The muffler was placed where the stock resonator used to be. It is not too loud and has a nice deep tone. I will try to get a sound clip soon. Kind of hard to see the exhaust without it in the air. Only cost me $350 out the door.

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I removed the stock resonator, mufflers and all exhaust piping from the downpipe forward. The shop custom made the exhaust system (2.5" the whole way) with dual pipes out the back. The muffler was placed where the stock resonator used to be. It is not too loud and has a nice deep tone. I will try to get a sound clip soon. Kind of hard to see the exhaust without it in the air. Only cost me $350 out the door.
the stock muffler was placed where the resonator was? i've only done a muffler delete with a 2.5 piping. i have an appointment with the exhaust shop to see what can be done for the rest. probably adding a vibrant UQ. do you find yours drones at 2k rpm or when cruizing on the highway?

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the stock muffler was placed where the resonator was? i've only done a muffler delete with a 2.5 piping. i have an appointment with the exhaust shop to see what can be done for the rest. probably adding a vibrant UQ. do you find yours drones at 2k rpm or when cruizing on the highway?
No, I put a flowmaster dbx in the resonators place, as I said in an earlier post. The drone isn't even noticeable to me on the free way. On the street it is very minor compared to other cars I have had, the turbo prevents it from being a loud exhaust. Plus I have a CVT so that helps with loudness.With the radio on it is hardly noticeable. It does make the turbo alot more noticeable though, which i love that woosh.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sound clip would be awesome, did you get a aftermarket down pipe too?

nyamwaikinn

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport(Sonic Gray)
Country flag
No downpipe right now. No shop here in california will touch the exhaust that far up because of CARB emission junk. Eventually I might install one myself though.
Any sound clips and such? I'm interested. So you put the flow master dbx where the resonator was and then added tips at the end?
Sponsored