Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
as of right now i have a resonator swap with a magnaflow resonator and a muffler delete... would it be louder if i got a performance muffler and what should i get to enhance the sound ?(besides a cold air intake which i have already)
Sponsored

Last edited:

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Putting a muffler on a car will muffle the sound making the volume lower than a complete muffler delete.

An air intake isn't going to give you more exhaust sound.

Idk what engine you have but if you have a turbo, get a downpipe but you'll need a tune.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
as of right now i have a resonator swap with a magnaflow resonator and a muffler delete... would it be louder if i got a performance muffler and what should i get to enhance the sound ?(besides a cold air intake which i have already)
I had the same setup going for awhile. I added a Magnaflow muffler and while I wouldn’t it’s “louder” the tone is deeper and with a more aggressive growl. Be less concerned about going for loudness and more about the exhaust note.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The loudest your car can be is straight piped from the engine. Anything after that, like a resonator, cats or muffle will decrease volume and change tone.

OP
OP
Rowdy444

Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
I had the same setup going for awhile. I added a Magnaflow muffler and while I wouldn’t it’s “louder” the tone is deeper and with a more aggressive growl. Be less concerned about going for loudness and more about the exhaust note.
Did you like the sound before the muffler or after?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Did you like the sound before the muffler or after?
After the muffler. No fucking doubt. Before there was just too much drone above 3500 rpm. I often couldn’t even hear the exhaust note because my ears were practically bleeding. Now it sounds amazing when I’m going fast. When I’m cruising it’s just a slight rumble, so it’s good for creeping around cops. Perfectly subtle while cruising. Here’s a sound clip of start up and revs.

OP
OP
Rowdy444

Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
After the muffler. No fucking doubt. Before there was just too much drone above 3500 rpm. I often couldn’t even hear the exhaust note because my ears were practically bleeding. Now it sounds amazing when I’m going fast. When I’m cruising it’s just a slight rumble, so it’s good for creeping around cops. Perfectly subtle while cruising. Here’s a sound clip of start up and revs.

Sounds clean bro and you did a resonator swap as well??

OP
OP
Rowdy444

Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
Yup. I’m using a Magnaflow resonator along with a Magnaflow round muffler.
[/QUOTE
Yup. I’m using a Magnaflow resonator along with a Magnaflow round muffler.
this is how mine sounds like, i like it but that muffler deeper tone sounds so clean i might have to look into it soon