Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Regretted immediately after changing to a high flow downpipe, and front pipe. Way too loud, way too raspy ?

Don't go for a muffler delete if you plan on adding the two afterwards, or have them on already
Of course it's going to be way louder if you get the catless downpipe, catted shouldn't change the noise level too much
Sponsored

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Regretted immediately after changing to a high flow downpipe, and front pipe. Way too loud, way too raspy ?

Don't go for a muffler delete if you plan on adding the two afterwards, or have them on already
I don't think i'll be adding downpipe and frontpipe..so I'm resorting to this. I was also looking at the AWE Exhaust...maybe in the next 2 years! I will judge later after the delete is done.

TheRagecast

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Rallye Red
Country flag
Absolutely no regrets, got it done for 120$, Kept the resonator, Man did say it was hard to keep the original tip but he pulled it off. Only complaint I have is the tip is off by like 3 degrees and it annoys me a tad.

Sound wise, I couldn't be happier wit the way it turned out, it burbles with every down and upshift.
I would recommend any one that doesn't have the money for a full cat back system to get a muffler delete. I think most who have a muffler delete can agree that it should have sounded like this from factory.

I've felt no loss of power as some fear, it is possible that I might have lost a horsepower or two but nothing noticeable to the naked eye.
I definitely will be investing in a full system in the future (MAPerformance) but this will tide me over till then.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course it's going to be way louder if you get the catless downpipe, catted shouldn't change the noise level too much
Not true, it would've been even worse then. I've got the 27won catted DP, and immediately upon the first start I was regretting my muffler delete that I'd had for over a year. I called my SO on the way home, and we couldn't carry a discussion at normal volume. Same night I started looking for exhaust options.

Since then I've tried:
Magnaflow: good OEM+ option, but midpipe sections gets surface rust build up on it. Also, dual tips leave too much empty space on the ends of the diffuser. Good for folks with family in the car looking for something more than the stock exhaust. Ran for 3 months.

Invidia R400: lots of bass, decent tone, but didn't excite me especially as rev-matched downshifts are very lack luster. I tried the PRL Catted DP + FP + R400 on a friend's Si coupe, and with the window down it has so much bass that it starts to hurt your head - not sure if it's a PRL thing, or a Coupe thing. Ran it for 1 month before selling it along with my 27won FP

AWE Touring: certainly an aftermarket decibel level, lots of rumble, yet no rasp at any RPM level. Added value is that you get a Front Pipe included with the purchase. For a pretty straight through exhaust it's as loud as I would like the Si, and after 6 months of running it I have no intentions of changing it out because the Triple Black Diamond tips look killer + the tone is absolutely amazing. Only thing to note is the Touring muffler has a very low hanging point at it's base which can scrape on really low cars. Build quality is ace!

A catted downpipe from my experience is good for a 20% increase in decibel level. Catless, others can chime in but perhaps 25-30% louder, but just from hearing all catless setups from outside they're very raspy so I personally wouldn't go for it myself, or recommend it.

My two favorite setups on the Si is what I have now (27won Catted DP + AWE FP + AWE Touring), and the full 27won setup, preferred Catted. The 27won slots below the AWE in terms of overall decibel, and trades some of the rumble for one of, if not the smoothest tone. It's very linear and consistent throughout the RPM range, whereas AWE has a tone change from a rumble when puttering around to a wail when on the loud pedal.

Last edited:

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats why I always read reviews online before going anywhere lol, mine was perfectly done and really cheap
tbh that place had really good reviews as well. I think they just rushed my job as another muffler delete and did a shit job. Oh well now I got a 27won exhaust

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Man I wish muffler delete is legal here in Manitoba.

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not true, it would've been even worse then. I've got the 27won catted DP, and immediately upon the first start I was regretting my muffler delete that I'd had for over a year. I called my SO on the way home, and we couldn't carry a discussion at normal volume. Same night I started looking for exhaust options.

Since then I've tried:
Magnaflow: good OEM+ option, but midpipe sections gets surface rust build up on it. Also, dual tips leave too much empty space on the ends of the diffuser. Good for folks with family in the car looking for something more than the stock exhaust. Ran for 3 months.

Invidia R400: lots of bass, decent tone, but didn't excite me especially as rev-matched downshifts are very lack luster. I tried the PRL Catted DP + FP + R400 on a friend's Si coupe, and with the window down it has so much bass that it starts to hurt your head - not sure if it's a PRL thing, or a Coupe thing. Ran it for 1 month before selling it along with my 27won FP

AWE Touring: certainly an aftermarket decibel level, lots of rumble, yet no rasp at any RPM level. Added value is that you get a Front Pipe included with the purchase. For a pretty straight through exhaust it's as loud as I would like the Si, and after 6 months of running it I have no intentions of changing it out because the Triple Black Diamond tips look killer + the tone is absolutely amazing. Only thing to note is the Touring muffler has a very low hanging point at it's base which can scrape on really low cars. Build quality is ace!

A catted downpipe from my experience is good for a 20% increase in decibel level. Catless, others can chime in but perhaps 25-30% louder, but just from hearing all catless setups from outside they're very raspy so I personally wouldn't go for it myself, or recommend it.

My two favorite setups on the Si is what I have now (27won Catted DP + AWE FP + AWE Touring), and the full 27won setup, preferred Catted. The 27won slots below the AWE in terms of overall decibel, and trades some of the rumble for one of, if not the smoothest tone. It's very linear and consistent throughout the RPM range, whereas AWE has a tone change from a rumble when puttering around to a wail when on the loud pedal.
hey man do you have sound clips for your current set up with Awe Touring? I'm planning to get that kind of exhaust around next year and I'm wondering if I should get the track or the touring and did you get it from a canadian dealer? I don't wanna pay duties if i order outside Canda/

Thanks

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey man do you have sound clips for your current set up with Awe Touring? I'm planning to get that kind of exhaust around next year and I'm wondering if I should get the track or the touring and did you get it from a canadian dealer? I don't wanna pay duties if i order outside Canda/

Thanks
It's a step up in price, but Touring always to have the best of both. Link to Canadian dealer in the video description

I didnt even research that...im guessing it's legal in Ontario lol
Ontario HTA: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK145

"75 (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1). "

Muffler is required by Law. Some have gotten away as they've been able to show the middle resonator, but it's up to the officer's discretion if you're driving in a manner where they will classify even the stock exhaust as "excessive noise"

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It's a step up in price, but Touring always to have the best of both. Link to Canadian dealer in the video deescription

Ontario HTA: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK145

"75 (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1). "

Muffler is required by Law. Some have gotten away as they've been able to show the middle resonator, but it's up to the officer's discretion if you're driving in a manner where they will classify even the stock exhaust as "excessive noise"
Well shit...too late now.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I had a muffler delete for over a year, I was not pulled over for it. Just play it smart :)
Just got it done. I do like the sound...but one problem...i hear a very loud whistling noise just as when the turbo is spooling...idk this doesn't sound normal. I might ask them tomorrow to check on stuff. The guy said it's just the turbo whistling. Any thoughts?

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Just got it done. I do like the sound...but one problem...i hear a very loud whistling noise just as when the turbo is spooling...idk this doesn't sound normal. I might ask them tomorrow to check on stuff. The guy said it's just the turbo whistling. Any thoughts?
Is it more of a "whooshing" noise? It might just be the wastegate opening up. It's pretty silent with the stock exhaust, but you can hear it very subtly with the muffler delete.

OP
OP

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Is it more of a "whooshing" noise? It might just be the wastegate opening up. It's pretty silent with the stock exhaust, but you can hear it very subtly with the muffler delete.
it sounds like there may be a spot missed...it sounds more like a whale crying lol. as I rev it more, the sound gets louder.

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
it sounds like there may be a spot missed...it sounds more like a whale crying lol. as I rev it more, the sound gets louder.
Oh yeah, I'd definitely bring it back. A crying whale doesn't sound appealing lol
Sponsored