JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
You're right. I have a muffler delete. I really wanted an Invidia exhaust that a member here was selling. I didn't go for it because it's a lot of money for a car, that IMO, doesn't sound that good no matter what setup I've heard. I am planning on welding in a Magnaflow muffler, but the pandemic is delaying that. I also thought of putting my stock mufflers back on, and buying a catless downpipe, until I heard it in person lol.
have you experienced any loss in power, or fuel economy. And can you post a clip of what your car sounds like?
Sponsored

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
have you experienced any loss in power, or fuel economy. And can you post a clip of what your car sounds like?
No loss in power or fuel economy. Unless you count the fact that having an exhaust makes you drive harder because it sounds nice, then yes, I'm probably getting worse economy lol.

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
You're right. I have a muffler delete. I really wanted an Invidia exhaust that a member here was selling. I didn't go for it because it's a lot of money for a car, that IMO, doesn't sound that good no matter what setup I've heard. I am planning on welding in a Magnaflow muffler, but the pandemic is delaying that. I also thought of putting my stock mufflers back on, and buying a catless downpipe, until I heard it in person lol.
do
No loss in power or fuel economy. Unless you count the fact that having an exhaust makes you drive harder because it sounds nice, then yes, I'm probably getting worse economy lol.
LOL.. I didn't realize this thread was for the Civic Si, I have a Civic EX and they don't make as many options as the Si. That is why I was going to get a muffler delete but wanted to be sure it wont affect my performance or damage my engine. Can I still get a firm answer so that I can make the decision. Thank you

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
do

LOL.. I didn't realize this thread was for the Civic Si, I have a Civic EX and they don't make as many options as the Si. That is why I was going to get a muffler delete but wanted to be sure it wont affect my performance or damage my engine. Can I still get a firm answer so that I can make the decision. Thank you
Yeah, there is going to be no difference. In theory, you'll get better flow, and save a few lbs; which should get you more power and better economy, but it's pretty negligible. Any difference you feel will be in your head.

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yeah, there is going to be no difference. In theory, you'll get better flow, and save a few lbs; which should get you more power and better economy, but it's pretty negligible. Any difference you feel will be in your head.
I just want the car to sound a bit louder, and not negatively affect my power or fuel economy

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol. That's not a bad article. It's saying don't be that guy that cuts off your mufflers. It's a damn 1.5l. If you don't like the quiet suitcase mufflers and don't want to invest in a setup weld a $30 straight through/ glasspack on when you cut off the mufflers. You can easily add one or two after the res. Glass packs will clean up the sound just enough and will have 0% restriction on the flow. The suitcase mufflers arn't too restrictive anyway. Whatever mufflers/ no mufflers you run it's hardly going to flow different and the ECU will compensate regardless.

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Lol. That's not a bad article. It's saying don't be that guy that cuts off your mufflers. It's a damn 1.5l. If you don't like the quiet suitcase mufflers and don't want to invest in a setup weld a $30 straight through/ glasspack on when you cut off the mufflers. You can easily add one or two after the res. Glass packs will clean up the sound just enough and will have 0% restriction on the flow. The suitcase mufflers arn't too restrictive anyway. Whatever mufflers/ no mufflers you run it's hardly going to flow different and the ECU will compensate regardless.
I dont have s 1.5 I have a 2.0

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
For mine we got rid of both mufflers and the resonator and put a glasspack in where the muffler was. It's not too loud and has some good crackles. There is still drone at the same two RPM ranges that people with just the muffler delete get it as well. I'm in PA, you need a muffler to pass inspection but I don't think you need a resonator. Could my glasspack count as a "muffler" even though it's in the place where the resonator was?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For mine we got rid of both mufflers and the resonator and put a glasspack in where the muffler was. It's not too loud and has some good crackles. There is still drone at the same two RPM ranges that people with just the muffler delete get it as well. I'm in PA, you need a muffler to pass inspection but I don't think you need a resonator. Could my glasspack count as a "muffler" even though it's in the place where the resonator was?
Cool. Yes a glass pack is a straight through muffler and will pass if the db is low enough, which it should be.

Cheap, easy, and a good solution I think. Wonder how much drone there would be if you kept res and glass pack right after it. Have any pics or sounds?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Neither, downpipe is the way to go. Actually gain power.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Cool. Yes a glass pack is a straight through muffler and will pass if the db is low enough, which it should be.

Cheap, easy, and a good solution I think. Wonder how much drone there would be if you kept res and glass pack right after it. Have any pics or sounds?
Thanks and I do, I'll see if I can dig them up and share here

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Was looking more into the muffler delete yesterday and was wondering if I would void the warranty on my 16 Civic. Please help me

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
It will not. The exhaust is a wear out item. Replacing a wear out item will not void your warranty.
Sponsored