Muffler delete or resonator delete?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I am going to make a move on this soon but I don't think I can do it (delete both mufflers and leave stock resonator in place) from what I understand in New York State you NEED TO HAVE a muffler to pass yearly inspection. I will see what I can do. I am not apposed to drone and very much appreciate the pops and crack sounds this offers on a budget plus I have sort of grown to like the stock "mail slot" muffler look! No cat back has my interest expect for the Borla which as I understand is not available at this time.
Sponsored

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
.. that should be MAIL SLOT exhaust tip!

OP
OP
ariell

ariell

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I just had my resonator delete done this morning, it's a small boost over stock, in my opinion. Not enough to piss off your neighbors, but more noticeable. As long as you ask the shop to give you the resonator after it's cut off, you can have it welded back on if you need to sell it.
Exactly! A little more noticeable - not obnoxious.

2018 Si FireFighter

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2010 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone

I have a 2017 coupe SI snd I'm debating between a resonator delete or a muffler delete. I called two reputable shops in my area and explained to them that I dont want the car to be stupid loud. My 98 integra with a catback was ridiculously loud.. I was 18 and loved it, but you could literally hear the car from streets away. I used to set off my neighbours car alarm when I drove by.
After explaining to them I wanted to hear the car a little more, nothing obnoxious, one shop said stick with just the resonator delete. The other shop said resonator delete is barely noticeable and to go for the muffler delete.
I stopped by a third shop on my way home from work today- after taking a look at my car they quoted me $550 (CDN dollars) which is just fucked. They said because of the way the stock mufflers sit, they would have to remove the center part and put two tips on? I dont know. Honestly I have no clue what I'm talking about.. but I've seen pictures and videos and some have altered tips, some dont. I personally like the way the stock mufflers/exhaust looks.. just want the sound. Someone help a girl out and explain this to me. Nervous the muffler delete will be too loud. Thoughts?
I have both resonator and muffler delete. I love the sound. I have a video of a cold start but the file is too big. PM me your number or email and I’ll send it to you.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I just actually added a Glasspack to make my aFe Cat-Back performance exhaust quieter. Now it's quieter than stock. $50 installed

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
lets say you have a hack job and suffer carbon monoxide poisoning while in traffic for four hours since you have an exhaust leak. You would have no recourse to Honda for damages.
Uh oh... let’s pray that I don’t die of carbon monoxide poisoning! If y’all don’t hear from me for like a week or two then I’m dead lol

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I recently got my 2016 Civic EX and was wanting to do some mods to it. I want to change the tone to just make the car have a deeper sound. Some people suggested a muffler delete but other said do not do it because it makes the car lose power and negatively affects the MPG. Someone please help me make my decision

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cutting of resonators and mufflers is so gheto. Seems most common on 4cyl motors and just sounds more broken than fast and furious. Do something tangible like replace the shitty downpipe first. If you're trying to be thrifty cutting mufflers off why not spend half the price and buy a $55 downpipe or spend the same $120 it would be to cut mufflers off and get a Megan.
cheap dp
Megan dp

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Cutting of resonators and mufflers is so gheto. Seems most common on 4cyl motors and just sounds more broken than fast and furious. Do something tangible like replace the shitty downpipe first. If you're trying to be thrifty cutting mufflers off why not spend half the price and buy a $55 downpipe or spend the same $120 it would be to cut mufflers off and get a Megan.
cheap dp
Megan dp
Catless downpipe with the stock catback makes it sound like a tin can. People behind you are gonna smell gas and think your car is broken lol.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Catless downpipe with the stock catback makes it sound like a tin can. People behind you are gonna smell gas and think your car is broken lol.
I like the Rv6 catted but it was 750 for the 2 pipes and then another 750 for invidia r400. I'd recommend catted over catless but I've heard the catless too and it's okay. I'm throwing cheap options out there, obviously people considering cutting mufflers instead of doing it right are probably holding back because of the $$ and 750 or 1500 probably isn't too appealing.

Reactions: JMM

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
I like the Rv6 catted but it was 750 for the 2 pipes and then another 750 for invidia r400. I'd recommend catted over catless but I've heard the catless too and it's okay. I'm throwing cheap options out there, obviously people considering cutting mufflers instead of doing it right are probably holding back because of the $$ and 750 or 1500 probably isn't too appealing.
You're right. I have a muffler delete. I really wanted an Invidia exhaust that a member here was selling. I didn't go for it because it's a lot of money for a car, that IMO, doesn't sound that good no matter what setup I've heard. I am planning on welding in a Magnaflow muffler, but the pandemic is delaying that. I also thought of putting my stock mufflers back on, and buying a catless downpipe, until I heard it in person lol.

JP_Civic16

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I am getting peoples opinions because i don't know if I want to spend 750 dollars on an exhaust that looks like you have a can falling off the back of your car. And I cant go catless because of the state rules
Sponsored