Nikolai224

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Im super late to this discussion but I did a muffler and resonator delete and had a cherry bomb put where my resonator was and they put a resonated tip on I gotta say it's pretty loud but it sounds absolutely amazing. I was very skeptical about the cherry bomb because Honda's are already pretty raspy when messing with the exhaust and most cherry bomb mufflers dont help that but I have no regrets. I paid a total of $80 and there is no drone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So, I was planning on getting a resonator delete, because I want something a bit louder, but not a muffler delete. On a scale of 1-10, 5 being the stock sound, how much louder is the resonator delete? I've read through the previous chats, but unsure if it would be suitable. I know what a muffler delete sounds like and I really don't like it. Imo, it's a bit loud for my situation and I want to keep my stock muffler tips.

Reactions: JMM

Aguirre129

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I was planning on getting a resonator delete, because I want something a bit louder, but not a muffler delete. On a scale of 1-10, 5 being the stock sound, how much louder is the resonator delete? I've read through the previous chats, but unsure if it would be suitable. I know what a muffler delete sounds like and I really don't like it. Imo, it's a bit loud for my situation and I want to keep my stock muffler tips.
Last week I actually cut a hole in between where the pipes divert into the two mufflers. The hole is only about an inch or inch and a half. Its not crazy loud but I can hear it in the cabin more than the stock muffler, as well as some gurgles when going from first to second and second to third. For me I think it is perfect, I wanted as close to stock sound just loud enough to hear it better.

FC1_BUILTBOOST

First Name
Reuben Zuev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
On a second note, would a muffler delete void warranty?
Yes it would I've come to my dealer for some noise check up by warranty and I have the muffler delete my guy told me it will void my warranty so he was nice enough to just warn me that next time I need to come in I need to put the muffler back on or the warranty is over.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it would I've come to my dealer for some noise check up by warranty and I have the muffler delete my guy told me it will void my warranty so he was nice enough to just warn me that next time I need to come in I need to put the muffler back on or the warranty is over.

This is false.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Cutting the muffler pipe near the junction puts carbon monoxide just a few feet from you and entrance to the interior. I would think this to be incredibly dangerous ... Long trips with windows closed ... Dense traffic not moving with windows closed. Am I just being an alarmest?

Aguirre129

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cutting the muffler pipe near the junction puts carbon monoxide just a few feet from you and entrance to the interior. I would think this to be incredibly dangerous ... Long trips with windows closed ... Dense traffic not moving with windows closed. Am I just being an alarmest?
Could be I guess, tbh I didn't put much thought into it. Maybe someone who knows a little bit more may chime in with more data. I drive my car a total of 50 minutes where 40 of those are highway. I could see where if there is any chance of anything circulating into the car it could be a problem. If you make a circle with your thumb and index finger that is about the size of the hole. Long trips for me aren't an issue since we have a bigger car for those. My SI is my work car and that is all it is used for. If anyone knows more by all means let me know.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Im super late to this discussion but I did a muffler and resonator delete and had a cherry bomb put where my resonator was and they put a resonated tip on I gotta say it's pretty loud but it sounds absolutely amazing. I was very skeptical about the cherry bomb because Honda's are already pretty raspy when messing with the exhaust and most cherry bomb mufflers dont help that but I have no regrets. I paid a total of $80 and there is no drone.
I had the exact same thing done as you. Muffler delete and cherry bomb glasspack where the resonator was and it sounds amazing. Lots of crackles and easily manageable drone. I love it and could definitely recommend it.

Miguel Tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I had the exact same thing done as you. Muffler delete and cherry bomb glasspack where the resonator was and it sounds amazing. Lots of crackles and easily manageable drone. I love it and could definitely recommend it.
Which glass pack did you use?
Part number: 87522CB?

VadKul

First Name
Vadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Do you remember the part number? And the pipe inlet and outlet diameter you used?

JMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Honda Accord
Country flag
Sorry to say it, but I was trying to convince my self about the sound of a 4 cylinders exhaust, and they would never sound as good as a V8 exhaust. Not even the exhaust of my prior Porsche 911 (996) Carrera sounded good, it sounded like an old washing machine.
Sponsored

Last edited: